PC Vanilla houses supported for kids?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Torok

Can I put my kids in Breezehome? What about other vanilla houses?

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
Yeah, you can. There's no reason why you couldn't, if you can't afford to build Lakeview or one of the other Hearthfire houses, you can keep them in Breezehome or Proudspire, or wherever else.

Lucid

You can outfit all of the vanilla homes for your family with the Hearthfire DLC.

In Breezehome you have to choose a child's room in place of the alchemy room. In Honeside it goes in place of the enchanting room. In Hjerim, the child's room goes into the empty space outside of the alchemy/enchanting cabinet entrance. I've never build a child's room in Proudspire, and I won't live in Markarth, so not sure about those.

Torok

You can outfit all of the vanilla homes for your family with the Hearthfire DLC.

In Breezehome you have to choose a child's room in place of the alchemy room. In Honeside it goes in place of the enchanting room. In Hjerim, the child's room goes into the empty space outside of the alchemy/enchanting cabinet entrance. I've never build a child's room in Proudspire, and I won't live in Markarth, so not sure about those.

Ok, thanks. And good thing I have the pocket campsite and Frostfall mods installed, I can still do alchemy in my home. So I beat the system.

Dovahkiir

I've never build a child's room in Proudspire, and I won't live in Markarth, so not sure about those.

Proudspire has the nicest childrens bedroom out of any vanilla house imo and it doesn't remove any existing features, an extra room is added next to the master bedroom, its a good size too.

Markarth loses the alchemy lab I believe

SkunkySwag

I've never build a child's room in Proudspire, and I won't live in Markarth, so not sure about those.

Proudspire has the nicest childrens bedroom out of any vanilla house imo and it doesn't remove any existing features, an extra room is added next to the master bedroom, its a good size too.

On my Playthrough I got one of the kids that run around playing tag ( because I may have "Killed" her parents when I was a "Werewolf" and I felt bad because she was so sad) and the boy at the Stable/farm outside of Solitude.

I also "pay" Jordis to be my full-time babysitter, because she is my sword and shield XD, best role model ever, plus I gave my daughter a dagger and she can't stop using it, so every time I'm doing enchanting/alchemy I think that my kids are being attacked, when my daughter is attacking a stuffed training dummy and my son is either sweeping or playing with "My Daughters!" doll ( I think she talked him into doing her chores XD)

Lucid

This is an oldish thread, but I'll post this just in case somebody comes across it in a search at some point...

Here's a pic of the children's bedroom in Hjerim in Windhelm. When not a children's bedroom it's pretty much "dead space". The door to the Alchemy/Enchanting (also body part storage) room is to the right, just offscreen.

standalone

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts