Vampirism: Not too shabby (Vampire build)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
Hey guys, this is my first EVER build guide, any criticism (or praise, please praise) I will look into and maybe fix some stuff in the build.

So in Skyrim, either if you have Dawnguard or not, whatever race or class you are, you can ALWAYS become a vampire or a werewolf, but not both, these both "diseases" come with a lot of different abilities and skills, either good or bad, and I'm going to show you why VAMPIRE is the obvious choice for any class (Even a 2-handed warrior, yes)

But let's start with lycantrophy, or werewolfiness.

Werewolves gain a permanent 100% resistance to disease, which I find pretty bad to be honest, there are so many cure disease potions to be found in the game, and praying at any shrine will remove diseases as well, so the 100% resistance really just is a time-saver so you dont have to fast-travel to nearest temple!
Though the no.1 reason werewolves gain 100% resistance to disease is so that they can NEVER, EVER be transmitted with Sanguinare vampiris, the only way to become a vampire as a werewolf is to cure your lycantrophy in the Companions quest line (killing hagravens, tossing heads into big blue flames, that kinda stuff)
And honestly I was all for being a werewolf! I (still) love to rush into a fight with my 2H sword, slashing at everyone, and as soon as my stamina goes out, I turn into a werewolf, howl at them and then slice their bellies open, IT LOOKS BADASS!
...BUT:
If you turn into a werewolf in a fight, and you suddenly start to lose the battle, you cant run away and put some healing pots out! Neither can you throw up a healing spell an then rush back into the fray again, once you start losing health the only thing you can do is make sure THEY die before YOU do!
Werewolves were extremely buffed with the dawnguard DLC, and you can feed on corpses to heal yourself, but if you go into werewolf mode in lets say a Draugr cave, you lose the only way of quickly healing yourself that was possible, you either have to hide until you have enough HP to jump in, or you have to wait for hours to return to your normal state of character again and THEN heal yourself.
So the Werewolf really only excels in fighting human enemies, which is more or less just bandits or guards, and you can only turn into the huge dark bandit killing machine once a day, once you leave werewolf-form, the only ability you have from it is the disease resistance and that you cant have a good-nights sleep anywhere...

Simply put, Werewolves are FINE on lower difficulties where enemies wont stand a chance, but against master-level bandit chiefs and wizards, you're pretty much fl*ffed.

Now let's move on to the real deal: VAMPIRES.
First off, I have always been more of a werewolf guy than a vampire, I don't know why I'm more of a dog-guy probably...
Anyway, the whole idea of the class (I haven't come up with a name yet) is playing your normal character, be it a warrior, assassin, archer or even thief, but as a vampire, to add a lot of extra power for the character, even if you don't sneak or use Illusion spells (Which, as a vampire, gets you some bonus skill in)

So just for an example, let's take a 2Handed big nord with heavy armor, smithing, enchanting and 2-handed as his major skills, he has no interest at all in any of the schools of magic, he simply walks in and chops them all to bits, but he plays on Master, and suddenly an elder dragon appears! (Dum-dum-dum-duuuum) He rushes into it, power-attacking it like mad, but in the end, he gets munched by it :sadface:
Even with his enchanted armor and weapons, he was defeated by a dragon, because he didnt do enough damage, and couldn't withstand enough of the dragons beating before he died.

Now, if you look at the RESTORATION school in the perk tree, there should be a perk at lv 70 called Necromage? Not sure exaclty what it says but it makes all enchantments and those increased percentage skills much more efficient vs undead, VAMPIRES are UNDEAD too!
If you power play yourself to lvl 70 in restoration, (No extra mana is needed, 100 is fine, and you start the game with a healing spell as well) you will get a pretty big bonus to ALL percentage-based enchantments and skills on your character, your gloves that give you 50% extra damage with 2H weapons suddenly give you a 70% boost instead, because You are a Vampire, Thus undead, Necromage detects you as undead!

Now there are some problems to this buildish thing I have created, for one: Feeding, if you do not feed in too long time, all NPCs will attack you on sight, even friendly ones, and its pretty hard for a big warrior in huge armor to sneak up on a sleeping guy without him waking up and calling the guards and forcing you to run, but that's where you're wrong! You get a 30% boost to sneak as a vampire, and with the Necromage perk, that percentage increases as well (not sure how much it all increases though, but it's a good number) so all you need to do really is get naked and sneak up on him, however embarassing it will be if the person wakes up to see you naked staring at him sleeping.
And vampires get a 50% decreased fire resistance, this is easily fixed by giving one armor piece a fire resistance enchantment.
And the huge problem is daylight.
In daylight, mana, stamina, and health will not regenerate at all, this really forces you too rely heavily upon potions or fighting during the night or inside dungeons, but those dragons dont hide in caves...
To stop the daylight effect, all you need is a regen enchantment for the pool you want regenerated, a regenerate magicka enchantment is probably for the best, as you will get a perk on the way to Necromage that heals hp AND stamina with your healing spells, so you save one enchantment spot for something else, and it makes perfect sense if you're already a mage to have a magicka regen enchantment on that robe or ring!

With Dawnguard, I'd say the feeding issue is all but removed, as Harkins vampire clan has a whole room full of "willing" servants to "donate" some of their blood to you!

And that's pretty much it, if you for some reason LIKE this build, tell me you do (and I'll be your best friend) and I'll see if I can be convinced to do another one some time!
Thanks guys

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
A few things I would like to add.

1: With the ring of hircine, your able to transform into wolf form more than once a day.
2: Theres also a big thing called roleplaying, where either
a. It's difficult to roleplay a vampire with your certain character
b. Your character is meant to roleplay a werewolf

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
A few things I would like to add.

1: With the ring of hircine, your able to transform into wolf form more than once a day.
2: Theres also a big thing called roleplaying, where either
a. It's difficult to roleplay a vampire with your certain character
b. Your character is meant to roleplay a werewolf

Yeah all that is true, and this build is far from perfect tbh, but its perfect for the people that play harder difficulties and want to try it, or people who want to roleplay something like a warrior vampire!
Ring of Hircine is great, but it kinda ALWAYS decides to kick in when you thik you're all safe in Whiterun or some other town

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
You could always complete the quest so that you dont have random transformations, and you can transform whenever you want.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
You could always complete the quest so that you dont have random transformations, and you can transform whenever you want.

Oh damn... Do I look the fool now....
Didn't know you get to keep the ring? Is that if you save the werewolf instead of killing him?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts