• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, when you want a cure of vampirism, you need a soul from a black soul gem. This is, purportedly, to take the place of your soul, or to be traded for your soul. If that's true, then where does your soul go? Who has it? I assume it is Molag Bal that has your soul, but I'm not %100 sure.

Interesting point. Because I am pretty sure that souls trapped in soul gems are trapped for eternity in the Soul Cairn. I doubt that Molag Bol would willingly release a soul, even if it was being replaced by another. The ritual must somehow take a soul from the Soul Cairn and place it into thew care of Molag Bol, whilst extracting your own, tricking him? I am unsure, good question.

Interesting point. Because I am pretty sure that souls trapped in soul gems are trapped for eternity in the Soul Cairn. I doubt that Molag Bol would willingly release a soul, even if it was being replaced by another. The ritual must somehow take a soul from the Soul Cairn and place it into thew care of Molag Bol, whilst extracting your own, tricking him? I am unsure, good question.
If you could come up with some sort of offering? Capture the souls of 10, or 100 people to trade for your own? I'm just wondering if there's a way a vampire could retrieve their soul and then use it in the ritual that turns you in to a litch? That way, you could be a vamp-lich. Think of how awesome that would be. You'd be super f****** evil, but it'd be cool.

If you could come up with some sort of offering? Capture the souls of 10, or 100 people to trade for your own? I'm just wondering if there's a way a vampire could retrieve their soul and then use it in the ritual that turns you in to a litch? That way, you could be a vamp-lich. Think of how awesome that would be. You'd be super f****** evil, but it'd be cool.
I’m playing an evil character st the moment so I am all for that! Are you using the undeath mod to become a lich? You could probably make s deal with Molag Bol, I expect it wouldn’t be easy to negotiate, but yeah bringing Him souls may work. Or if for example you are in the dark brotherhood try and make yourself more trouble than your worth by having the backing of the nightmother and sithis, although Sithis is a bit different to all of the other deity’s in TES.

But yes I am sure you can come up with something!

I’m playing an evil character st the moment so I am all for that! Are you using the undeath mod to become a lich? You could probably make s deal with Molag Bol, I expect it wouldn’t be easy to negotiate, but yeah bringing Him souls may work. Or if for example you are in the dark brotherhood try and make yourself more trouble than your worth by having the backing of the nightmother and sithis, although Sithis is a bit different to all of the other deity’s in TES.
But yes I am sure you can come up with something!

That's exactly where I got the question. I was playing through the undeath mod as a vampire lord, and so I was wondering if, from a lore perspective, it'd be possible to be both. I wasn't able to finish the mod before something came up and I lost my progress in the mod sadly. So I never actually did get my lich form.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
So, when you want a cure of vampirism, you need a soul from a black soul gem. This is, purportedly, to take the place of your soul, or to be traded for your soul. If that's true, then where does your soul go? Who has it? I assume it is Molag Bal that has your soul, but I'm not %100 sure.

Oblivion. There are over 37,000 realms or planes of existence. Your soul isn't gone, you're undead. So it is trading a life for a life. Returning you from undeath, so you're probably dealing with whoever feels like an easy trade.

As for your soul, you have it. It is never taken off you, only a small piece of it in one quest.

Molag Bal would only ever have your soul if you're 'Soul Shriven' which is if you were sacrificed and at the moment of death had your soul replaced with a Daedra Vestige under his control. The soul would still need to be inside a gem however.

Oblivion. There are over 37,000 realms or planes of existence. Your soul isn't gone, you're undead. So it is trading a life for a life. Returning you from undeath, so you're probably dealing with whoever feels like an easy trade.

As for your soul, you have it. It is never taken off you, only a small piece of it in one quest.

Molag Bal would only ever have your soul if you're 'Soul Shriven' which is if you were sacrificed and at the moment of death had your soul replaced with a Daedra Vestige under his control. The soul would still need to be inside a gem however.
So would a vampire lich be possible then?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Um, I'm not entirely sure. I mean a Lich is a powerful undead spellcaster bound to a phylactery. I suppose you could find a way for a Vampire to tie themselves to an object? But becoming a Lich I believe requires you to be alive first, then becoming undead during the ritual.

I guess you'd probably have to come up with another way to gain lichdom than the known ritual. I suppose anything can be possible.

Um, I'm not entirely sure. I mean a Lich is a powerful undead spellcaster bound to a phylactery. I suppose you could find a way for a Vampire to tie themselves to an object? But becoming a Lich I believe requires you to be alive first, then becoming undead during the ritual.

I guess you'd probably have to come up with another way to gain lichdom than the known ritual. I suppose anything can be possible.
That's fair. I suppose with Apocrapha existing, just about anything is possible.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That's fair. I suppose with Apocrapha existing, just about anything is possible.

Yeah, just all depends on what you see in being a Vampire Lich. You're already undead as a Vampire, you already have eternal life and all the time needed to become a very powerful spellcaster.

Yeah, just all depends on what you see in being a Vampire Lich. You're already undead as a Vampire, you already have eternal life and all the time needed to become a very powerful spellcaster.

The goal of becoming a lich as well would be so that you could survive being killed in your undead state since liches have their phylacteries and would essentially "respawan" at it's location if you were killed. It would also be to try and get rid of your sunlight vulnerability.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts