• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

It f#cks me right off that we can't even avoid vampire attacks in towns. At least dragon attacks don't happen until after you've handed in the dragon stone and been to the western watchtower - you can avoid dragons entirely or delay them for as long as you want to. Vampire attacks happen whether you like it or not. And this game is supposed to be about the DRAGONBORN, not the vampire slayer, I hate how those blood sucking c#nts become a more major threat than the dragons. It wouldn't be so bad if vampires only started hitting towns after you've met Isran, in which you are more likely to be pursuing a vampire hunting career.

I swear, if my brother didn't have a character where he was playing through Dawnguard, I'd have uninstalled it by now. I don't think I'd miss it.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
If you're on PC you can use the mods Run For Your Life and When Vampires Attack!. Run For Your Life causes unarmed citizens to seek shelter when a Dragon enters combat in the sky above them. When Vampires Attack does the same for vampires and (I believe) bandits. Characters that own a home head there, everyone else goes for the local inn.

Guards behave normally and potential follower/companion characters will still mix it up and defend the town. Pretty useful stuff, just a common-sense quality of life change. Gentle little Ysolda shouldn't throw down her flower basket and bare-knuckle-box a Nosferatu.

If you're on Xbox or PS3, there's not much you can do. Mourn your dead and move on. When I was playing on Xbox I'd usually bring fallen NPCs that I liked (like Adrianne) to the Hall of the Dead so they could find peace in the afterlife. NPCs I didn't care for I would strip and leave face down in the gutter (Oh Hi Belethor).

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
It f#cks me right off that we can't even avoid vampire attacks in towns. At least dragon attacks don't happen until after you've handed in the dragon stone and been to the western watchtower - you can avoid dragons entirely or delay them for as long as you want to. Vampire attacks happen whether you like it or not.

Vampire attacks don't start officially happening until you reach Level 10 (though I have been attacked by a small group as early as Level 8 out in the wilderness before)

rakkety

I hated the fact that if you fast traveled to a town, random vampire NPC`s would spawn on your position and try to take your life and any other bystanders in the area.
It's worst when somebody starts talking to you and you have to finish the conversion to do anything.

Sent from the Pony Express

sticky runes

It f#cks me right off that we can't even avoid vampire attacks in towns. At least dragon attacks don't happen until after you've handed in the dragon stone and been to the western watchtower - you can avoid dragons entirely or delay them for as long as you want to. Vampire attacks happen whether you like it or not.

Vampire attacks don't start officially happening until you reach Level 10 (though I have been attacked by a small group as early as Level 8 out in the wilderness before)
yes, and we all get to level 10 eventually, it doesn't exactly take a long time.

They should have made it so that vampire attacks don't happen until after you've spoken to Isran or something.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

yes, and we all get to level 10 eventually, it doesn't exactly take a long time.

They should have made it so that vampire attacks don't happen until after you've spoken to Isran or something.
Boy, you guys get them late. I get attacked all the time from about level 2 in the Riverwood/Falkreath area (I look for 'em since I want the armor). Admittedly, they don't attack in the cities until after I've spoken w/Isran (or at least heard about the Dawnguard), but I don't seem to have to wait so long to meet my first vampires as y'all do.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura

Boy, you guys get them late. I get attacked all the time from about level 2 in the Riverwood/Falkreath area (I look for 'em since I want the armor). Admittedly, they don't attack in the cities until after I've spoken w/Isran (or at least heard about the Dawnguard), but I don't seem to have to wait so long to meet my first vampires as y'all do.

I'm usually in the Reach when I play Skyrim so I don't see them. Only time that I do is when I'm either in Whiterun or the Pale.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Ok well what about when you're not even there?!?! Look at this..just look at it!
Whiterunmasacar.jpg

That ^ happened during my initiation into the Companions. Oh that ash pile is Adrianne.

Or the time when I came upon an equally horrid scene smack bang in the middle of the civil war questline? I was up in Dragonsreach for crying out loud!! :eek: That day I lost almost every single shop owner in Whiterun.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I hated the fact that if you fast traveled to a town, random vampire NPC`s would spawn on your position and try to take your life and any other bystanders in the area.
It's worst when somebody starts talking to you and you have to finish the conversion to do anything.

Every time I am talking to the dark elf at the shrine of Azura, a dragon attacks, and it always lands half way down the mountain.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura

Every time I am talking to the dark elf at the shrine of Azura, a dragon attacks, and it always lands half way down the mountain.

Seriously? Wow that's never happened to me and I always do the Azura quest with my characters

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Seriously? Wow that's never happened to me and I always do the Azura quest with my characters

It's happened so often I just stand there and wait for it now. Maybe once or twice it just flew around the next mountain where its word wall is, but more often than not it comes over and wants to roast/freeze me.

sticky runes

Ok well what about when you're not even there?!?! Look at this..just look at it!
Whiterunmasacar.jpg

That ^ happened during my initiation into the Companions. Oh that ash pile is Adrianne.

Or the time when I came upon an equally horrid scene smack bang in the middle of the civil war questline? I was up in Dragonsreach for crying out loud!! :eek: That day I lost almost every single shop owner in Whiterun.

And Jon Battleborn just happened to be walking down the street without his clothes on at the time? o_O

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Whiterunmasacar.jpg

And Jon Battleborn just happened to be walking down the street without his clothes on at the time? o_O

Of course not.. I looted his body as well as the two vamps, and Adrianne ash pile :p

Bulldog

I started a new character. Level 30 and I have only had one vampire attack and that was Whiterun. They were beat very quickly and no one else died.

Lucid

I keep waiting to get the side-eye and have villagers point out "this never happens when you're not in town..."

sticky runes

I recently arrived in Whiterun where vampires were attacking, but the two Alik'r warriors helped kill them. Makes me feel better knowing that they are there to keep Adrianne safe.

Bulldog

I started a new character Tuesday morning when I got off work. I got attacked for the first time yesterday morning in Whiterun and I was a level 25. After I obliterated them I haven't been attacked since, inside or outside the cities.

Brawnysilverfox

I have auto-saves on but will always try and ''save'' the townsfolk before going for the reload. I don't like any of the town NPC's dying, even beggars. Worst one I had was in solitude, i'd come out of the blue palace and head down for the main gate.....but when I reached the hall of the dead, battle music would start and a little further on there would be a huge fight going on with vampires. No matter how quickly I got there ( even with whirlwind sprint ) at least one of the townsfolk would already be dead - usually the female stallholder who's name escapes me.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
I have auto-saves on but will always try and ''save'' the townsfolk before going for the reload. I don't like any of the town NPC's dying, even beggars. Worst one I had was in solitude, i'd come out of the blue palace and head down for the main gate.....but when I reached the hall of the dead, battle music would start and a little further on there would be a huge fight going on with vampires. No matter how quickly I got there ( even with whirlwind sprint ) at least one of the townsfolk would already be dead - usually the female stallholder who's name escapes me.
Finish the Dawnguard quest, it will help with that issue.

Fraekith

Wood Elf Archer
Vampires killed Alvor and his wife Sigrid in my game. Making their kid up for adoption. I was going to resurrect them, but will their kid still be mine once they are alive? I guess it's a matter of custody for me :p. She's a cool daughter. I also have another daughter, some orphan that was living in Whiterun (not the a**hole girl who beats kids up). I think she was an orphan regardless though. Told me some sad story about her parents so I adopted her.

Vampires also killed Adrianne Avenicci in Whiterun. I couldn't find her one day, waited all times of the day, looked top and bottom around the city. Assumed she must have died in the Vampire attack I walked in on a while back. Sure enough, her body was in the WIDeadBodyCleanupCell place you can get to via console commands. I resurrected her back as soon as I found out. She sells good stuff :p.

Not sure about any others, if so they weren't important enough for me to notice though. Damn vampires!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts