• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LordDavidson25

Hey guys, I am about to start a vampire roleplay in Skyrim. I plan to get "lesser" vampiric blood (not a vampire lord) and truly act as a vampire would. It should be interesting to see how it plays out because I've never really used vampire powers and such due to their weaknesses. Anyways, I was curious about if anyone else has role played as a vampire and what their thoughts are. Thanks in advance!

Pete

My vamps:
  • Your dead. No potions on self ever. Only potions are those that effect others.
  • Healing - vampire drain only
  • Never summon, only raise dead, Staff / Scrolls of summon ok
  • Stone: Ritual Stone -- raise undead army when needed
  • Feed. Stay well fed
  • Master illusion, destruction, conjuration, sneak, speech
  • Daggers or 1H, light armor only
Have fun!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
My vamps:
  • Your dead. No potions on self ever. Only potions are those that effect others.
  • Healing - vampire drain only
  • Never summon, only raise dead, Staff / Scrolls of summon ok
  • Stone: Ritual Stone -- raise undead army when needed
  • Feed. Stay well fed
  • Master illusion, destruction, conjuration, sneak, speech
  • Daggers or 1H, light armor only
Have fun!
so what he cant summon gargoyles? and potions of Blood are vampire potions so he cant drink them?

tx12001

For me:
  • Summing from the soul carn is ok
  • Only blood from the living
so you just completely try to deny the fact that their are vampires in Castle Volkihar drinking blood out of cups and why would they need blood from the living Blood is Blood many vampires including Harkon threaten to drain other vampires of their blood and they are Undead not dead, dead is not moving at all with no life undead is moving with no life and gargoyles don't come from the soul cairn

LordDavidson25

I thought we were talking about 'lesser vampires'
We are. I don't plan to join the volkihar anytime soon. The only reason why I would join is if the vampires start to attack "my turf" lol or the dawnguard start attacking. Then I see it as a reasonable roleplay choice to start seeking out allies.

Ooh, I've done this. Was on a Vampire: The Masquerade binge a few months ago and made a wandering herbalist in Skyrim who was turned by accident while investigating the mysterious burnt-down house in Morthal, and then simply immersed mysef in the night-to-night of being a vampire in the middle ages.

Here is my personal recipe:

Only ever go out at night. Skyrim is being a pussy about it by just freezing your regeneration, a true vampire takes lethal damage from sunlight. Your two main priorities for survival should always be:
1. Blood.
2. Shelter from the sun during the day.

There can be no compromise. If you've gotten lost somewhere in the Rift minutes before dawn and your only source of shelter is some poor farmer's hut, then you must do everything in your power to occupy it so you can sleep through the day, up to and including killing him. Drop fast travel and keep an eye on the sky when traveling by foot so that this is always a concern.

Feeding on the sleeping is also nice, but I've always found it more interesting to only feed every second night, using the stage 2 charm ability to feed on beggers and guards and travelers and whatnot in deserted alleys and wherever I can be reasonably sure not to be seen while doing it.

Otherwise, you need to travel. Staying in one place for too long means that someone is that much more likely to realize your affliction. You should still keep to the major and semi-major cities, though, as that's where the blood is. You're a social creature, and immortality is going to be very boring if you can't indulge your curiosity if there's a mystery in town, or someone has a story to tell. Also stay the **** away from dragons. You're a vampire, fire and sunlight are your two greatest fears in the world.

Sneaking through the night looking for easy prey, securing bolt holes and hiding through the day to survive as you wander from place to place looking for anything to make your unlife more interesting than simple survival is what I imagine being a vampire to be all about. I also like to think that Vampirism slowly corrodes your humanity, gradually making you more ruthless and amoral no matter what sort of personality you started out with.

Different flavors of mind control is also a staple of vampire lore, so if you think you'd enjoy the Illusion skill tree and find it compatible with your character then definitely go for that. You can just say that the powers are a feature of vampirism if your character wasn't magically inclined before, and it'd be perfectly true.

And after a good long while, when you're comfortable with your unlife, if you can divine a reason for your character to go look up the Dawnguard in the first place(I couldn't), you can eventually join the Volkihar and engage in the cutthroat politics of vampiric royalty. Not before, though.

Also, I often use an interactive character sheet to figure out what my character's strengths and weaknesses are and the Dark Ages sheets from White Wolf fit the Elder Scrolls setting pretty much perfectly. Here's a basic sheet that you can fill out using any PDF reader:

Attachments

• DarkAges_Mortal_1-Page_Interactive.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

LordDavidson25

Sweet! That sounds really cool Thomas. I started my vampire and I actually had to look up locations with vampires so I can get the disease to start the roleplay. I think my character will hear about the dawnguard by either guards mentioning it or that dawnguard guy that actually is out recruiting people.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I've been wanting to do a vampire roleplay, too, since I haven't done the Dawnguard questline on the vampire's side, but I didn't want to be a vampire lord, either. Apparently if you become a vampire lord to appease Harkon, then get cured by Falion, then contract regular vampirism again, you can continue with the Volkihar clan as normal.

I'll be following this thread in case any other suggestions and tips come up. :D

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Why would you want HARKON to be the one to make you a VL?! O.O That's just disturbing...

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Because... that's kind of what you have to do to proceed with the vampire side of the Dawnguard questline?
They're side of the questline is virtually pointless except for RP purposes... but RP purposes just makes it even more disturbingo_O

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
They're side of the questline is virtually pointless except for RP purposes... but RP purposes just makes it even more disturbingo_O
That's nice, but I'm still going to play the questline, because I never have before. Also, I happen to like disturbing.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
First and foremost I would recommend that you download this mod (If you're running a PC) to make your vampire experience to be 10x better.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717/?

Secondary I'm not a big fan of sun damage. Just because you're a vampire doesn't mean that you should be punished for getting a tan so I'd recommend this mod to allow you to travel during the day.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31221/?

As far as potions usages goes I don't see a reason not to use it. Feran Sadri is a vampire and hes an alchemist who sells his potions to you in Volkihar's Keep.

tx12001

First and foremost I would recommend that you download this mod (If you're running a PC) to make your vampire experience to be 10x better.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717/?

Secondary I'm not a big fan of sun damage. Just because you're a vampire doesn't mean that you should be punished for getting a tan so I'd recommend this mod to allow you to travel during the day.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31221/?

As far as potions usages goes I don't see a reason not to use it. Feran Sadri is a vampire and hes an alchemist who sells his potions to you in Volkihar's Keep.
that mod is up to version 6.6 it has been updated 3 times since that video was made

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
All I play is vampire roleplays in Skyrim, save for my only human character who's just a Hunter.

How I play my vampires (lesser or VL) largely depends on the character I'm trying to develop.

Here are my basic Rules for both vampire types (which always change based on the character):

Lesser:
1. Never travels during the day.
2. No potions whatsoever
3. Blend into to society
4. Feed nightly.
5. Do whatever it takes to survive any confrontation

Vampire Lord:
1. Travel during day if needed
2. Use Blood Potions
3. Terrify or Blend into society
4. Feed whenever
5. Use Vampire Lord form to battle all foes

Nothing major or too restrictive, yet all depends on where I go with the character and the story I'm trying to tell. Sometimes I don't follow these rules or I make them extremely hardcore. Almost unpleasant. I just go where the story leads.

tx12001

All I play is vampire roleplays in Skyrim, save for my only human character who's just a Hunter.

How I play my vampires (lesser or VL) largely depends on the character I'm trying to develop.

Here are my basic Rules for both vampire types (which always change based on the character):

Lesser:
2. No potions whatsoever
3. Blend into to society
4. Feed nightly.

Vampire Lord:
2. Use Blood Potions
4. Feed whenever

Nothing major or too restrictive, yet all depends on where I go with the character and the story I'm trying to tell. Sometimes I don't follow these rules or I make them extremely hardcore. Almost unpleasant. I just go where the story leads.
That sounds like it a Vampire Lord he just don't Care cause he is strong enough to defy the weakness of a lesser vampire

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

Lesser:
2. No potions whatsoever
3. Blend into to society
4. Feed nightly.

Vampire Lord:
2. Use Blood Potions
4. Feed whenever

That sounds like it a Vampire Lord he just don't Care cause he is strong enough to defy the weakness of a lesser vampire

Exactly. ;)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Lesser:
2. No potions whatsoever
3. Blend into to society
4. Feed nightly.

I'll be employing these rules for my vampire. Any suggestions on bartering, if shops are all closed by the time the sun's down and you can go outside?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts