Vampire Necroblade Build (Contains Spoliers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El Fonz0

Note: This build is only a theory. I don't know if it actually will work as well in practice as it does on "paper".

The Vampire Necroblade is a mix of the Necromancer and Nightblade, with Vampirism included. When playing the Vampire Necroblade, it's important to have a minion fight alongside you so it can serve as a distraction, allowing you to easily absorb your enemies' health and deal sneak attacks.

Recommended Races: Altmer, Dunmer, Breton
Primary Skills: Destruction, Conjuration, Sneak, One-Handed
Secondary Skills: Illusion, Enchanting, Restoration, Light Armor
Additional Skills: Alteration, Archery, Lockpicking, Pickpocket
Recommended Shouts: Soul Tear, Drain Vitality, Marked for Death, Dismay

For Destruction, specialize in Frost and Shock magic, using frost magic to slow done melee enemies and shock magic for mage enemies, making it easier to absorb their health as they crawl towards you or are forced into close-quarters combat, respectively. Take perks that will increase frost and shock damage, as well as improve runes, as runes are key for Destruction using sneakers.

For Conjuration, you should obviously use the Raise Dead spells, and perks relating to Necromancy. If there are no bodies to raise, or you wish to cause havok while sneaking, then summon a Boneman, Mistman, or Wrathman from the Soul Cairn, as these summons are affected by Necromancy perks. The Boneman is an archer, the Mistman is a mage, and the Wrathman is a warrior, so plan accordingly.

The primary weapon of the Vampire Necroblade is a mace, specifically, the Mace of Molag Bal, as the weapon ties in with Enchanting purposes, with it's Soul Trap effect. When Enchanting, given the Vampire's weaknesses, such as weakness to Fire, weakened health/stamina/magicka regeneration in the sunlight, and other weaknesses, you can negate them. Although, the weakness to fire can be ignored by choosing a Dunmer, and the weakened regen can be thrown out the window by
shooting a Bloodcursed Elven arrow into the sun with Auriel's Bow.
Alternatively, if you don't want to use a mace, you can use Harkon's Sword, obtained by
killing Harkon at the end of the DLC's main questline
, as it's effect only works for a Vampire, and absorbs Health, Magicka, and Stamina, perfect for a Vampire.
Note: You don't need to use these exact weapons, it's just these are recommended weapons for a roleplaying-feel.

As a Vampire, Illusion magic is more effective, and, with the Necromage perk, Restoration magic is more effective. With Illusion, you can Calm your enemies, allowing you to easily feed on them, Frenzy them, you they kill each other, or Fear them so the tougher ones are either alone or running for their mothers, the latter allowing you to kill his weaker buddies. Quiet Casting is a must-have perk with this build, allowing you to Frenzy entire groups of enemies without being seen or heard. Muffle and Invisibility are useful spells for sneaking around, undetected, helping even further in sneak attacks and sneak-spells.
With Restoration, it's straight forward. Necromage makes healing spells more potent on yourself because of the effect, and with Necromantic Healing, allows you to heal your undead or Soul Cairn summons more.

It's recommended to enchant your armor and weapons with effects that boost your abilities, such as Destruction, Conjuration, Absorb Health, etc. Not much to explain here, just enchant to boost your main abilities or complement them.

Light Armor because Vampire Armor is light armor, and it helps with sneaking. Durr.

I'll probably add more to it at a later time, so tell me what you think!

Im going to make this build probably I want to do the vampire side. Id say add archery too. I love stealth archer... My build will lean a lot to archer. But be able to use dagger and cloak to wreck from the shadows. As well as be unstoppable if Im seen by using harkons sword and hopefully shadow warrior perk. May do the thieves guild for the nightingale stuff and will prob do dark brotherhood. Well see If I like it better than my existing khajiit stealth archer who did the dawnguard.

Why would you build a vamp who doesn't use magicka? Vamps are all about the magicka.
My vampire is an interesting mix of magic and martial prowess. He actually specializes in sneaking with the Ebony Mail. He also uses the Ebony Blade as his primary weapon in open combat with the Mehrunes' Razor for stealth kills (mixed with invisibility) and bound bow for range. If things get really hairy, I go lord form and rip 'n tear. So while I do use a fair amount of magic, a good portion of my level ups also go towards health and stamina so I don't go down easily in a combat encounter.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts