Vampire Lord vs. Vampirism

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drex

I apologize if there is already a thread about this. I did not find it. However I was wondering if your Skyrim character has Vampirism will that affect being able to become a Vampire Lord in Dawnguard? In other words are the two treated differently? one as a desease and the other as a race?

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
If your character has Vampirism you can still become a Vampire Lord , there will just be different dialogue. But yes , once you're a Vampire Lord that will count as your race , where as Vampirism will just count as the disease Sanguinare Vampiris.

Also once you're a vampire lord you will still be a normal vampire also ( still have all the powers )

It's really just a vampire promotion. :D

Mattius

I contracted the vampire disease on the quest right before you decide wether or not you want become a vampire lord. It didn't effect anything. I only had the disease for 1/2 a day though.

NewZodiac

I apologize if there is already a thread about this. I did not find it. However I was wondering if your Skyrim character has Vampirism will that affect being able to become a Vampire Lord in Dawnguard? In other words are the two treated differently? one as a desease and the other as a race?

As it's displayed in game, Vampirism starts off as a disease (Sanguinare Vampiris), but after three days it changes to full Vampirism and your race changes to Vampire. In game, you are treated as Undead (evidenced by the perk called "Necromage", that boosts any spell effects you cast on Undead, which include yourself).

Having regular Vampirism isn't a disease; it can't be cleansed by cure disease, and the game changes your race to Vampire (NPCs stop recognizing you as a Nord, for example. Guards won't say "What can I do for a fellow Nord?" or "Greetings, kinsman".)

Being a Vampire -Lord- however, means you're part of a bloodline that is closer to the source of where the Vampire race comes from. It means your blood is purer than a regular Vampires. Your race in game is still registered as Vampire, however. It's just you have more powers, and are part of an elite family.

Drex

Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to make sure I would still be able to become a vampire lord when the expansion comes out, with my Altmer who has caught Vampirism.

my_mind_007

The Guild Killer
Wait so I am playing through Dawnguard as a vamp hunter but when i had to go into the soul cairn, i chose to have serrana bite me rather than have half my soul taken away. Now I am a vampire lord. can i cure the vampirism along with being a vampire lord?

I intend to play through. As a vampire who joins dawnguard due to hating vampires, (if that makes sense) and is also a werepyre due to a certain glitch. So does becoming a vampire lord cure your werewolf disease, whatever it's called?

Bump*

Tman2177

Wait so I am playing through Dawnguard as a vamp hunter but when i had to go into the soul cairn, i chose to have serrana bite me rather than have half my soul taken away. Now I am a vampire lord. can i cure the vampirism along with being a vampire lord?
I suppose you could speak to Falion, in Morthal, about that. He can still probably cure you,but he may or may not require extra materials or whatnot in order to make a potion/spell powerful enough to do the trick. **NEW INFO** Falion of Morthal can cure vampire lords with nothing more than was required in the quest "Rising at dawn". (tested on 07/03/2012 at 6:45 am)

Tman2177

I intend to play through. As a vampire who joins dawnguard due to hating vampires, (if that makes sense) and is also a werepyre due to a certain glitch. So does becoming a vampire lord cure your werewolf disease, whatever it's called?

Bump*
Yes, becoming a vampire lord cures all diseases even full blown lycanthropy. Just as becoming a werewolf would cure a person of vampirism.

I don't know what that blade thing is, but my character's backstory has to do with him being tricked into becoming a vamp, and him trying to cure himself. Thanks to my glitch, his attempt to cure it with lynchothopy backfired, as he just became a werepyre, and even more of an outcast.

If you want to read my guys backstory, visit the character backstory thread, made by ron, and look for the really long story. Here's the URL, but I'm not certain if this will bring you to the page:

Character backstories? | Skyrim Forums

By the way, I'm glad to say that through a bit of looking for loopholes I have found a new way to be a werepyre so that it shouldn't be cured if I become a vamp lord.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts