• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Derpilocity

Ever consider being a Vampire Hunter? You know, those badass guys who kill Vampires in mid evil times with musket pistols and rapiers? Well you can try it in skyrim (With a few exceptions.)

Your backstory
I really don't care what it is, but I recommend something to do with your family being vampire hunters and you decided to follow in their footsteps... Or you could try having your family and lover being killed by vampires, and you desire revenge.

Your skills... I would say One-Handed, Light Armor, Archery and Restoration. With the new release of Dawnguard on June 27th, all your archery based bonuses will apply to your crossbow (as a vampire hunter, you have no need for silly bows... You need the proper ranged weapon, a crossbow.)

If you want a somewhat cooler backstory, you could get Vamprism, using your powers to kill the rest of the vampires and eventually the one that gave you it, thus being cured of it. WARNING: Upon reaching level 4 Vamprism, every NPC (Except the ones in your guild) will attack you and you will be very weak to fire... Which is bad if you want to kill dragons. You can take sneak over restoration since being a vampire makes you more undetectable.

Thanks for reading :)

Duon

Graphic Designer
You left out the "Werewolf vs. Vampire" angle, and also might include a list of common places to find Vampires pre-Dawnguard.

Broken Fang Cave
Pinemoon Cave
Mara's Eye Pond
Harmar's Shame
Morvath's Lair
Bloodlet Throne
Fellglow Keep
Shiekwind Bastion

just to name a few...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'd say add enchanting, so you can put fire damage on the crossbow, burn the unholy bastards.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
The Dawnguard faction, in all honesty is a joke. All it offers are armored trolls which are in all honesty a nuisance and only temporary companions which you have to pay for them to follow you. And a unique crossbow which can not be better than soul trap and maybe if your lucky a second enchantment of absurd health or magic damage. (details on crossbow not released).

The vampires offer a whole new form, the vampire lord (change in and out at will, unlike werewolf) this form comes with a whole new way of leveling and 10 new skills exclusive to the vampire lord (these include:Teleport and Vampire Grip which lets you suspend enemies above the ground while strangling them and absorbing their health).

The Dawnguard side is based for less-experienced, lower leveled dragon born, while the vampires are the exact opposite.

ShadowGambit

Van Helsing is the best vampire hunter :)

Duon

Graphic Designer
Get Sm0ked
I completely agree there going to have to do allot more then what they have shown to make the two factions somewhat equal. I'm just glad I got a character with the ranged and shadow skills to go either way at least once. :)

Van Helsing is the best vampire hunter :)

Blade would totally take him if he wasn't you know... locked up for not paying his taxes... lmao

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Get Sm0ked
I completely agree there going to have to do allot more then what they have shown to make the two factions somewhat equal. I'm just glad I got a character with the ranged and shadow skills to go either way at least once. :)

Blade would totally take him if he wasn't you know... locked up for not paying his taxes... lmao

Agreed

ShadowGambit

I forgot about blade... but a little too "modern" for this in my taste.

But a redguard in light armor with a kind of a katana (Ebony blade style?) should do. We will need a mod for the shades though replacing the helmet or the circlet. That would be cool.

Oh and Jessica Biel in revealing Leather Armor with a badass bow as a follower :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts