• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I get Vampires quite often, have to carry my crossbow out due to there's a good chance I'll run into the blood suckers in the wild at night or in villages or outside towns, quite fun when there is a Vampire or two stalking you, quite a "Who's hunting whom?" moment when the sneak icon gets a bit of something is looking for me.

Bit creepy staring into the dark when you catch a glimpse of glowing eyes and a flash of movement in the dead of night.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
To respond to the original post, the only way that is guaranteed to get you the hood is to kill an NPC called the visiting advisor. The only guaranteed way to find said NPC is a dawnguard specific side quest. *However it is still possible, though highly unlikely to find this NPC as a vampire and there is an incredibly low chance that a random vampire will offer this as loot.
*Everything typed after this symbol in my post is not verified, it was found across several gaming message boards found via google.

Adam Warlock

^ Visiting Advisors are generally found in the respective Jarl`s Longhouse or Palace during those Dawnguard side quests (sometimes the Inns) so I`m guessing that if a Vampire Dragonborn is going to find one it will be in those locations.
Good hunting , Kruziik ! I hope you find your hood !

Kruziik Vampire

Ancient Master Vampire
^ Visiting Advisors are generally found in the respective Jarl`s Longhouse or Palace during those Dawnguard side quests (sometimes the Inns) so I`m guessing that if a Vampire Dragonborn is going to find one it will be in those locations.
Good hunting , Kruziik ! I hope you find your hood !

Thanks, I will not stop looking. Damn hood :p

Kruziik Vampire

Ancient Master Vampire
One final thing, I tried blocking out the sun and going into a city and there was no difference other than the citizens dialogue. "Why is it so dark?" etc. I also found one of those wild werewolfs that was spoke about earlier I think :)

Adam Warlock

^ I don`t even go to my beloved Riverwood anymore because of the way dragons and vampires follow me around.
So many dead to dragon attacks already and it didn`t stop with the death of Alduin.
These Legendary Dragons since Dawnguard are the most deadly yet.
And the Vampires have killed 7 named NPC that I know of do far !
It`s a dangerous thing to be a hero but even more so for the rest of Skyrim`s citizens
The Mourner's clothes aren't even that nice, I prefer the vampire robes. :)
My choice for the mourners clothes mainly based on the long sleeves and leggings on what otherwise is a plain black belted tunic.
With the vamp gauntlets only wrist length , the vampire robes had too much arm and leg skin showing for someone who likes to keep to the shadows

Adam Warlock

Master Vampire attacked in Windhelm . Killed the retired ship captain , the female blacksmith , and decapitated the male beggar !

Sadly went to Dawnguard HQ to report the news and Gunmar sent me to Riften to discreetly kill a Visiting Advisor.

The mark was sitting at the bar of The Bee and Barb when I shot him with a crossbow from hiding.

The hood he was wearing has the value of exactly one septim !

I`m going to enchant it with some Fortify Magicka and give it to J`zargo to wear with his Daedric armor

Ivory

Let's Player
Wasn`t Harkon wearing VL armor when he 1st transformed in front of you ?
Wiki often lists items that appear in the game even though they can`t be obtained by the player.
Let`s hope that`s not the case here.

I`ve always wanted to get a Dragr Deathlord`s Helmet but alas , it is not to be.
Actually, you can. It's called Ygnol's Helm. It's In his crypt east of windhelm.

Adam Warlock

Actually, you can. It's called Ygnol's Helm. It's In his crypt east of windhelm.
No the horns on that one(like the Helm of Winterhold) aren`t quite as long and upright as the ones the Deathlords and Death Overlords wear. The ones I want look more like the horns on the Mask of Clavicus Vile

More than the looks , I want one as a battle trophy.
Not even the dragons or falmer have killed me more times than those dragr bosses

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
Wasn`t Harkon wearing VL armor when he 1st transformed in front of you ?
Wiki often lists items that appear in the game even though they can`t be obtained by the player.
Let`s hope that`s not the case here.

I`ve always wanted to get a Dragr Deathlord`s Helmet but alas , it is not to be.

Helm of Yngol - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

There is one available. Fehl'Varra has it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts