Using the Blades after "Paarthurnax" Quest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

geraldino

Tried to make the title as spoiler free as possible so apologies if it wasnt...

My question is this:

I know that if I choose not to kill Paarthurnax I won't be able to get any more Dragon hunting quests with the Blades from that right old slag Delphine (who I took an instant dislike to after she accused me of "poking around" Riverwood; I've just fled from a dragon so cut me some slack lady, even if I've been stealing from the entire village).

But will the guys I recruited into the Blades still talk to me and be my follower or do they become hostile too. I think UESP wiki says something about them still functioning as a normal companion so does it become the case that I can ask them individually to follow me or can I still go on little outings with all 3 even if they havnt been given by Delphine. I intended to use hirelings for Blades recruits so that I wouldn't have to pay them but if I can't really use them after i'm half minded to choose really weak NPCs and wipe out the blades once and for all...

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I refused to kill Paarthurnax. So I never got to the point were I could recruit new blades. It really irritated me to be honest, I liked the blades and I always have, however being a dovah I had to side with Paarthurnax and the wisdom of the Greybeards.

I wish I had the option to lie to Delphine and say he was dead :sadface:

You can not use any followers once the Blades stop talking to you ( boy I learn that one the hard way) so just give them the weak ones you dont like if you want, you really dont have to.

I hated the Blades pretty early on after Delphine back talked me about the horn she took. So hears my advice, moral choice none withstanding The Greybeards are much more useful then the Blades since they give you Word Wall quests, while the Blades only give you Dragon local, and you can get that on a bounty and get PAID to do it.

So in short, Pax rocks, Blades suck, if you play on PC you should totaly kill them.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I could never kill Paarthurnax. He is just an great character. I could listen to him all day. And like Hobo said, The Greybeards are more helpful.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I could never kill Paarthurnax. He is just an great character. I could listen to him all day. And like Hobo said, The Greybeards are more helpful.
Yeah, I saw Paarthurnax as like the Grandfather figure of Skyrim. He was to old and feeble for you to hurt, you just wanted to listen to him tell stories :D

J

Jeremius

You can not use any followers once the Blades stop talking to you ( boy I learn that one the hard way) so just give them the weak ones you dont like if you want, you really dont have to.

I hated the Blades pretty early on after Delphine back talked me about the horn she took. So hears my advice, moral choice none withstanding The Greybeards are much more useful then the Blades since they give you Word Wall quests, while the Blades only give you Dragon local, and you can get that on a bounty and get PAID to do it.

So in short, Pax rocks, Blades suck, if you play on PC you should totaly kill them.

to all who read this post and have Skyrim for PC, there is a mod that lets you get both, it allows you to bully the blades into letting Paarthurnax Live and following your orders.

Meh. I just kill gramps Pax everytime. After all, i see myself as the man who needs to cleanse Tamriel from all dragons.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!

Pjusken

I killed Pax on my third playtrough, and I felt really bad afterwards. He didnt even got a chance to strike back. :sadface: And its not worth it!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
to all who read this post and have Skyrim for PC, there is a mod that lets you get both, it allows you to bully the blades into letting Paarthurnax Live and following your orders.
I thought about getting one of those mods, but it feels like a cheat to me. Part of the appeal to me in this conflict is that I can't have it both ways. All I ask is a mod that lets me officially cut ties with the Blades by waltzing in and saying "No, guys, I'm not killing Big P. Shove it," and then walking out, removing the "Kill Big P" quest from my list.

I thought about getting one of those mods, but it feels like a cheat to me. Part of the appeal to me in this conflict is that I can't have it both ways. All I ask is a mod that lets me officially cut ties with the Blades by waltzing in and saying "No, guys, I'm not killing Big P. Shove it," and then walking out, removing the "Kill Big P" quest from my list.

there is! A mod that lets you KILL those jerk Blades. They will never stop hunting Pax even if you dont, remeber what they said, "the Blades memory is long" its the only way you can make sure he stays safe.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
One time I "killed" him while he was trying to talk to me, and I guess he was still tagged as "essential" at that point, but his health went all the way down, and then I hit him even more, then he flew away (at the time i thought he flew away to die for some reason), and I was so sad I just ran away, later to realize I actually hadn't killed him. But from then I knew I could never kill him in any playthrough, I wish I could just kill the Blades for their ignorance.

Janus3003

there is! A mod that lets you KILL those jerk Blades. They will never stop hunting Pax even if you dont, remeber what they said, "the Blades memory is long" its the only way you can make sure he stays safe.
Eh, I'd still prefer that they make the first move. Kind of a "If you're not with us, then you're against us!" thing. Waltzing in and whacking them isn't my main character's style.

Eh, I'd still prefer that they make the first move. Kind of a "If you're not with us, then you're against us!" thing. Waltzing in and whacking them isn't my main character's style.

fair nuff...well.... You can try stealing their stuff, or maybe kill a chicken. Then they attack you. XD Then again sometimes you have to "pretend" something happens in the game so your chacter can do something. You have to get creative some times with Skyrim.

Janus3003

Then again sometimes you have to "pretend" something happens in the game so your chacter can do something. You have to get creative some times with Skyrim.
I know what you mean. I'm still trying to figure out what "really happened" between my main guy and Grelod the Kind. So far I just think of it like the Noodle Incident from Calvin & Hobbes.

I know what you mean. I'm still trying to figure out what "really happened" between my main guy and Grelod the Kind. So far I just think of it like the Noodle Incident from Calvin & Hobbes.

Same here, well not the same person but yeah. So you can just have the Blaces "attack" you for saying no, that way you can kill them, steal their souls into gems, then use those souls to enchant your wepons. XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts