Useful Shouts for Assassins?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Andre2807

Hi guys. I would just like to get a general idea of what Shouts assassins find useful and why. A short explanation of the usefulness of the Shout will be more than welcome.

Once you unlock Quiet Casting (Illusion) your Shouts are silent too. Become Ethereal is nice for getting the drop on people from instadeath heights. Also, Wuld (Whirlwind Sprint, I generally just use the first Word unless there's a long Gap) is handy to get close with a quickness. Ice Form is Paralysis anyone can use with a 100% chance of success, and you can hit multiple targets if they're close enough together. Ironically enough (Because of where you find it) I'm not a big fan of Marked for Death, anyone hit by it all of a sudden is alerted, and 9 times out of 10, you're better off sticking a dagger, or two in their kidneys. Dragonrend is nice to bring down Dragons which you may be weak against because of character focus. Elemental Fury really helps with clearing out a crouded room, especially stacked with Dual Flurry daggers, or a Sword/Dagger combo like the Blade of Woe, and Windshear. (The BoW in the offhand, Windshear isn't technically enchanted, so you get the Dagger accelleration for it being in your offhand, and the EF accelleration from the scimitar in your right, plus the Stagger effect. This is why I generally just Temper Windshear, but leave it unenchanted.)

Also Aura Whisper is truly great so you know where everyone is, and there's no surprises (for you!) Probably the best shout for an Assassin, and it's already silent. The distraction one (I can't recall the name right off hand) isn't worth the fights up on Shearpoint just to get it. You can shoot an arrow, or cast a projectile spell (as long as it's quiet, and not too bright, I generally use Calm, or Raise Zombie) for the exact same effect.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I always relate the "Marked for Death" shout to assassins. Purely because it's found in The Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary. The shout damages the armor and drains the health of the enemy you use it on and lasts for 60 seconds. I've found it to be quite useful.

I always relate the "Marked for Death" shout to assassins. Purely because it's found in The Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary. The shout damages the armor and drains the health of the enemy you use it on and lasts for 60 seconds. I've found it to be quite useful.
Just personal preferance. i'f I'm going to bust myself that badly, I'd rather hit them with Thunderbolt, and Disintigrate Festus style. It does more damage, and you can combo it with Impact, or Critical Charge for the Coup De Gras. Unless you have Quiet Casting, you might as wll send up Candlight as an Alarm Flare anyway, but if I'm going to do it, I might as well make sure it's the Last thing they hear. }:|

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts