Info Useful Character Creation Info

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

haafingar hell

So, I was reading into all of the different character profiles in the thread for it, and I'm a rather detail-oriented person. Since I joined this forum, I had been wanting to make a thread where people posted bits of lore to help each other with character creation. I've collected a lot of information regarding character creation for a TES universe, but one of the ones I've been particularly picky about is height based on race. Now this can vary, but I personally like to use the scale they use in Oblivion (because I love the idea of male wood elves being that tiny compared to everyone else). This is what I personally use.

Transposed into this post, here are the heights.

Altmer: 6'5"
    Argonians: 6'1" male, 5'9" female
    Bosmer: 5'3" male, 5'9" female
    Breton: 5'9" male, 5'6" female
    Dunmer: 5'9"
    Imperial: 5'9"
    Khajiit: 5'9" male, 5'6" female
    Nord: 6'3"
    Orc: 6'3"
    Redguard: 6'1" male, 5'9" female

Personally, I just use those as "averages" and as a point of reference when I say my character is, say, tall for a female Breton or short for a male Redguard, just as examples.

Another thing I noticed is the prevalence of half-breeds in people's characters. And most people don't seem to know this based on how they address it in their character sheets, but if you're born from two different races then you take on your mother's race. However, you also inherit characteristics from your father. Your mother's is just dominant. Example of a character I have like this, his mother was a wood elf and his father was a Nord. So he's a wood elf, but he's closer in height to a female wood elf than male, square-jawed, and much more muscular as well as having inherited his father's frost resistance.

Feel free to add more things that you've noticed in character creation, or just interesting and useful bits of lore! I want this thread to be as useful as possible.

kenia153

Ugh yes, thank you so much. I've seen people around using characters that are half breeds and making them hybrids like that. Already knowing this info bothers me so much. I secretly just pretend they are the race they appear most similar to....xD

However I was never sure about height averages so I always left it out. Now I can add height to my CCs lol! That's cute though, bosmer being so tiny.

haafingar hell

Ugh yes, thank you so much. I've seen people around using characters that are half breeds and making them hybrids like that. Already knowing this info bothers me so much. I secretly just pretend they are the race they appear most similar to....xD

However I was never sure about height averages so I always left it out. Now I can add height to my CCs lol! That's cute though, bosmer being so tiny.

Oh god yeah, I was reading through that character profiles thread and? Honestly having mixed lineage isn't a problem but the lore does address it and people don't do it according to the lore (probably cause they don't know though).

This is more of a personal thing too, but I make all of my TES characters bisexual since in Skyrim you can marry the same or opposite sex and all marriage options will be interested either way (provided you do the required quests).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenia153

Yeah :sadface: even if you don't know, I'd look it up first anyway. Because if you don't know that, how do you know that races can even reproduce with other races? *scratches head*

Hm, that's certainly something I have not thought of before. I still don't automatically make my characters bisexual though because even if marriage candidates are interested in you, it doesn't mean you have to be the same way. Everyone is still going to have sexual preferences, I think all the candidates being interested in you is more of a gameplay mechanic than it is lore that everyone is bisexual. Like the option is there, if you wish to take that route. *shrug*

haafingar hell

Yeah :sadface: even if you don't know, I'd look it up first anyway. Because if you don't know that, how do you know that races can even reproduce with other races? *scratches head*

Hm, that's certainly something I have not thought of before. I still don't automatically make my characters bisexual though because even if marriage candidates are interested in you, it doesn't mean you have to be the same way. Everyone is still going to have sexual preferences, I think all the candidates being interested in you is more of a gameplay mechanic than it is lore that everyone is bisexual. Like the option is there, if you wish to take that route. *shrug*

Like I said, for me the sexuality thing is just a personal preference and how I like to do things. It also simplifies things a lot for me, as someone who puts a lot into my characters' identities and for where they fit into society so it just. Works. Plus I'm bi as hell so most of them are gonna be the same way anyway (though more often than not they lean one way or the other). So it just works for my processes?

But yeah! Doing all that race research is how I found out that orcs are technically Mer, Bretons have some elves blood in them (why do you think they're so good with magic, and why some of them have faintly pointed ears?), and that any race can interbreed if they so choose. And that's just exactly what this thread is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts