Urgent help please.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fayde

So today I thought I'd start up a new game of Skyrim after not playing it for almost a year. I wiped my ps3 clear of all saves and reinstalled Skyrim. Everything went fine until I got to the loading screen after you press start to start the new game. All I could see was the dragon and random facts popping up and it stays on that screen. I really want to play this game again but so far its not going to plan. Any help really appreciated. Thanks.

Fayde

I've had that happen before. I manually restarted the PS3 and it worked fine after that. Have you tried restarting? Or clearing off some extra room from your PS3s hard drive, then running the game? Skyrim is a fairly large game and needs a lot of room to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I've wiped my ps3 so theres no other game data at all I have the 180gb PS3 Slimline. So I decided to delete the game data and try reinstalling and I've ran into more problems now, its been stuck on 17% for the past 20mins lol any ideas? Maybe I'm just not meant to play skyrim again :sadface:

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Hello! :3
I've had this happen to me on multiple occasions. I don't know exactly what I did, but I will say everything I did in order.

1. I wiped the memory clean. New fresh game and data.
2. I installed the game to the harddrive.
3. I turned off the console and turned it back on.
The loading screen took about 15-20 minutes.
The game functioned perfectly and Xander was happy :)
Note: This was on Xbox 360.

Fayde

Found a new system update. Updating now and then we'll test Skyrim and see if it works. Thanks for the input Xander we'll see how this goes! Also theres a patch for Skyrim when I loaded it up the first time, should I install it or will that make things worse this time round?

General Charles Xander

Found a new system update. Updating now and then we'll test Skyrim and see if it works. Thanks for the input Xander we'll see how this goes! Also theres a patch for Skyrim when I loaded it up the first time, should I install it or will that make things worse this time round?
Install, Bethesda is known for funny bugs and great games, not screwing people over. :D

General Charles Xander

Ok patch installed, now installing Skyrim game data. Hopefully it doesnt freeze here :eek:
It won't I promise, trust meh..... ;)

General Charles Xander

Fayde

I'll just wait for it so and see what happens. No doubt I'll run into more problems even if it does install :sadface:
In which case a good old fashion fix will be required hammer vs Ps3 :D

Fayde

Lol let us know what happens.

Will do. I dont get how this works lol. First time I installed Skyrim today it installed fine it froze on 16% too but not for long. Oh it just went to 17% now but its not moving to 18. Could be a long wait :L

General Charles Xander

Is it really meant to take this long to install, I'm still on 16% lol.
Every harddrive Is different, so it takes different times for each individual.
Still 17%. Keep waiting?
don't quit now! You're far to deep to turn back. Do this for Talos! Wait like you've never waited before!!
Lol let us know what happens.

Will do. I dont get how this works lol. First time I installed Skyrim today it installed fine it froze on 16% too but not for long. Oh it just went to 17% now but its not moving to 18. Could be a long wait :L
Still 17%. Keep waiting?
You're in far too deep to turn back now! Wait like you've never waited before!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts