• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do You Think that the Upload Max is too low

• Yes, i want them to raise it

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, it's enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
I was making an Album and alot of Pictures to upload, most of them being 1.35 MB, when i was ready to upload i found that the upload max is only 1MB???? how can i upload even half a picture like this, i think that the Upload max is just too low, i think we raise it a bit

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Sorry if i shouldn't say this, but what do you mean by Renegader, oh....you were calling Renegader, right? or i am wrong?

Yes, I'm "calling" him :) If you do @Renegader it will put an alert for him. Since he's the only one who can actually address this issue, I figured I'd ping him.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I was making an Album and alot of Pictures to upload, most of them being 1.35 MB, when i was ready to upload i found that the upload max is only 1MB???? how can i upload even half a picture like this, i think that the Upload max is just too low, i think we raise it a bit

1.35Mb, damn, have you ever thought of resizing the photos with IrfanView or a similar program. I use IrfanView a lot & resize photos to 1000 x 750 Pixels, in other words from 1.35Mb to 166Kb, which is a big difference. There is no need to upload pics or photos over 1Mb.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
No Worries.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
What format are your pics in? JPG? And what program are you using for them now?
I am using Fraps to take screenshots and i am using the program XsuioveDX told me about to re-size my pictures, since i am using the free version of Fraps they are BMP, i use paint to ''convert'' them to PNG.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
And if you use IrfanView you will convert them to JPGs & save yourself a lot of space.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Thanks Again, i uploaded some pictures, and i am still uploading more, i hope they are nice

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
GIMP is also really good. It does a whole lot more than resize images.

If you're saving png to jpg, you can keep the quality high as long as you don't continue to open and resave the jpg over and over. A single save on high quality settings is going to be fine for images viewed on computer monitors. If your images involve any kind of transparency, you'll need to stay with png though.

Renegader upped the limit so it shouldn't be a problem anyway but if you need help with the conversions, you are welcome to post them in a normal thread (I think the limit is 4MB) or ask me through conversation and I'll give you an email address to send images.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I am using Fraps to take screenshots and i am using the program XsuioveDX told me about to re-size my pictures, since i am using the free version of Fraps they are BMP, i use paint to ''convert'' them to PNG.

Just for future reference, I've always used an amazing program called "Format Factory" which lets you convert everything to everything. Sound files, image files, etc.

Format Factory - Free media file format converter :)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
On the Mac , Graphic Converter is an excellent tool that does what it says, and thoroughly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts