• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
We added our new news section. You can find that on the skyrim forums home page. http://skyrimforum.com
We're actively populating it with news. So, fairly soon you'll see news updates for each of the home page sections. The latest four articles will appear in the home page slideshow. As soon as there's a few more articles, I'll adjust some of the settings so that there's less duplicate content on the hp. Every time an article is published, a new thread will be created in the forums. Your replies will appear here on the forums and in the article.

If you have news you'd like to submit, please do so here:
http://skyrimforum.com/gaming-news/contact/

If you happen across any glitches from the shifting of the forum to the sf sub-directory, please report them here. Thank you!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
So far I'm seeing about 50% compliance with finding content in /sf. On a clean install, the forum link on the nav bar gives a 404. Typing it out longhand with the /sf also pops the 404. However, going to skyrimforum.com and clicking on the forums link from my usual browser, I had no issues.

AS88

Staff member
I had loads of problems earlier, I couldn't get anywhere near the actual forums without 404 Errors. Seems to be sorted now, though :)

Lucid

A few things I've noticed:

1. The post "rating" buttons have disappeared (Funny, Agree, Disagree, etc.)
  2. Some links to album images are broken
  3. Unable to access forum through Tapatalk app on iOS or Android - error reads "Cannot connect to forum. This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working."

AS88

Staff member

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I noticed several pages on the main that lead to nothing. Also a 'mature' rpg section that has something with Thomas the tank engine mod?

What is up with the main page? Is it finished, unfinished, or an error?

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
It'll take a bit for the categories to fill in with article. There's only one author and me. Though, soon as we get some more of the glitches ironed out, I'll see what I can do about working out a way for programming a "new" badge to come up whenever a category has new content.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Don't forget to add the Temple of the DrunkenMage. Where will my disciples gather? :cool:

Though hopefully all will go well in regards to sorting out the glitches and other foul demons that haunt the coding.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I've noticed the "Recent status updates" box went missing, it used to be on the old homepage, but I can't find it since. I mean, from messages people write on their own wall.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Can we get rid of that "Obnoxious signs" notification that pops up? Or put the "X" button back on it? It used to have an exit button on it, but that is gone and now it hovers there over things I need to read. It eventually disappears, but is a little annoying while waiting for it to go, especially when it pops up on every page I open.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I didnt wanna create a new thread for this, but those TESO animated ads are making my Pc run really slow. Typing in particular is VERY painful. I dont mind going to on the 'More Options..' window, but there is even an ad in there!

For small posts like this its annoying, I can only imagine how infuriating writing a post for a FanFic or Roleplay would be...

Lucid

I didnt wanna create a new thread for this, but those TESO animated ads are making my Pc run really slow. Typing in particular is VERY painful. I dont mind going to on the 'More Options..' window, but there is even an ad in there!

For small posts like this its annoying, I can only imagine how infuriating writing a post for a FanFic or Roleplay would be...

You can use browser add-ons to disable them. I run a really locked down version of Firefox but you should be able to do the same with whatever browser you use.

I don't even see the banners on most sites unless I'm on somebody else's rig. Then I'm reminded that I don't care for the default internet experience. :)

But it's worth noting that ads keep forums like this running, and the sponsors don't look favorably upon everybody shutting them down.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts