• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowMage

Article Writer
So a while ago I made a simple Mage Build, and here is a newer one.

The URL will be what perks that I recommend. You can use the other 20ish perks into what you want.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#56444

As for the race, it really doesn't matter.
You could be a High Elf, and have +50 magicka from the start, and the ability to 10x Magicka regen speed. My first Mage was a High Elf, and I enjoyed it.

A Breton is good for Magic Resistance, and has a good ability, Dragonskin, which absorbs 50% of hostile magic.

Dark Elves, all I can think about is their +10 Destruction at the start.

A Khajiit. Your probably like,"WTH", but unarmed attacks do +15 damage, which is a good, "Oh pl***' moments.

For the weapons, unless you choose to be a Khajiit, use a sword or dagger. That's pretty much all I have to say.

The apparel is to use robes and a hood, then simple boots and gloves.
The final apparel should be

Moreki(spelling)(Legendary) Dragon Priest mask(College of Winterhold)-100% magic regen

Arch-Mage robes(College of Winterhold)-100% magic regen; 15; spell cost reduction; and (I think) +50 magicka

Savos aren's amulet(College of Winterhold)-+50 magicka

Ring Of Major Magicka(Random Loot)-+20 magicka

Dragonscale gloves(Legendary)-Fortify Magicka enchant

Dragonscale boots(Legendary)-Fortify Magicka enchant

Llokin

For the equipment i'd like to say that you can't wear a mask with the arch-mage robes since they have a hood on them.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I know where your coming from, but it is possible. It did it for me and for a few 1000 others.

How exactly do you do that, since the Arch-Mage robes have a permanent hood. And also, do you have to smith to make Dragonscale boots and gloves?

Doomy

How exactly do you do that, since the Arch-Mage robes have a permanent hood. And also, do you have to smith to make Dragonscale boots and gloves?

1) Put on Arch-Mage Robes, Put on Mask - I guess you might call it a "bug"
2) Yes, the perk needs Smith at 100

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
1) Put on Arch-Mage Robes, Put on Mask - I guess you might call it a "bug"
2) Yes, the perk needs Smith at 100

Yes, I tried it. But I don't want to play without my character's face on.
And you need to get smithing to 100. That would be hard if you're playing a mage. It would be easier to go to the Atronach Forge and make Daedric equipment.

Jbcarey

Yes, I tried it. But I don't want to play without my character's face on.
And you need to get get smithing to 100. That would be hard if you're playing a mage. It would be easier to go to the Atronach Forge and make Daedric equipment.

After putting on the robes + mask, you should quick save, your face should pop back up.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Well I want to play as a lightly armored mage.
So The Atronach Forge is a good for Heavy armor mages.

Necromis

I might try this. I was thinking of trying a battle mage since I tried a straight mage she kept getting punk'd really easy. I am gonna go kitty with heavy armor, with the heavy armour perk for the hands and the gloves of the puglist she should be a beast in close, especially if they can be disenchanted. I forget if they can or not. Dragon gaunlets with +10 unarmed. Thanks for the info.

Beran

Official Writing Team
I'm gonna try this as well. Never been a heavily armoured mage before, and it should be fun :D

floydtaylor3

I love getting my Sneak up and sniping the Infidels to hell...saves on worrying about getting the first shot in... I can usually get 2 or 3 shots in before they even find me... :-)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts