Update 1.8 In Beta

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rittz

Skyrim Update 1.8 Enters Beta - News - www.GameInformer.com

If you're lazy, here's some copy/pasta:

Bethesda is still patching The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The latest 1.8 patch entered beta and is now available to download through Steam.
Below are the bugs being addressed in the update:
  • General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
  • Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
  • Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
  • Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
This update will later arrive on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Bethesda says.

rittz

Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but as far as fixes go, I'm pretty disappointed as well. The fixes in 1.8 seem to be for rare bugs; Aside from the fact that they're listed as rare, I know I, for one, have never had any of the problems in that list. I would love nothing more than to see a patch that addressed all of those little broken quests, and some of the less common glitches that interfere with completion of main story lines.

I'm really, sincerely hoping that there is a silver lining to this subpar patch, though. Maybe, just maybe, they're working really really hard on that next DLC, which is so very time consuming and attention demanding that they barely had time to worry about a patch at all, let alone a decent one. Fingers crossed! Here's to hoping, right?

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
My first thoughts on the 1.8 beta patch were that they would fix just general annoyences like quest entries that don't go away, e.g. collect bounty from Scald

It might be cool if they added a "Remove Quest" button for misc quests. This bounty is too hard, I want a different one.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I'm still very surprised that they haven't fixed the Conjuration/Atronach Stone bug.
Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

My first thoughts on the 1.8 beta patch were that they would fix just general annoyences like quest entries that don't go away, e.g. collect bounty from Scald
I have been baffled by this for months. I got Skyrim in January 2012 and was stunned that the bugs I experienced were reported right after launch.
  • I was sure they would iron them out by summer, now it's over a year since game launch and I have never found Lewie Letraush.
  • It took over a month to find Maven to get my house carl.
  • I still have a "report to 'whatever the Whiterun General's name is' on my quests list.
  • It took month to find the leader of the Silverhand.
  • Quest markers show up in the wrong location or not all all. I could go on and on.
I love this game but I think Bethesda needs to take the genius ideas they have and hire pros to develop glitchless game that works on all platforms.

It's also insane how slow they are. When will the next game come out? 2018? Look at Dice, Treyarch, Drake's Fortune, etc. They produce epic games with outstanding sequels in no time. Why can't Bethesda's CEO not see what mistakes they are making?

JClarke1953

I've gotten to the point of limiting my quest's, nothing from the Guild or Dark Brotherhood. I do a couple for the Dawnguard, but am mostly going after Word's of Power, which seems to be going more smoothly than before, so far (knock on wood). I'm not doing the Foresworn Conspiracy, as I've not read that too many got through it okay. I read about more problems with that, and even tho' I tried many different way, using the save's I had, I could never get it to go right. And I tried all kinds of tactic's that my XBox would push through.

What quest's I do, I've gotten so I take Mjoll because she can do some whoop-a__, and carry a LOT of loot!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts