Unlimited Dragons and Quests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/18/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-to-have-an-unlimited-number-of-dragons/
Todd Howard has stated that there will be unlimited dragons in the game and that they will be dynamically encountered. He also mentioned dragons speaking in common language and a scene where you fought three dragons at once, but they decided to remove it.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/09/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-has-infinite-quests-says-howard/
In this video/article, Todd said that Radiant Storytelling will continue to generate randomized side quests infinitely along side the scripted quests which do have randomized portions. This is very nice because there will always be quests for thieves guild and dark brotherhood which have unlimited potential. Hopefully these quests will be actually interesting and not just repeats of the same boring tasks and fetch quests. I wonder how they can do the dialogue for something like that?

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Oh wow. I was afraid of completing the main quest and having no more dragons to fight. I guess I can lay that to rest now! This is absolutely amazing. I'm excited to test out this radiant AI and story. Unlimited Thieve's Guild eh? That sounds great to me :3

Flamingtaco

Oh wow. I was afraid of completing the main quest and having no more dragons to fight. I guess I can lay that to rest now! This is absolutely amazing. I'm excited to test out this radiant AI and story. Unlimited Thieve's Guild eh? That sounds great to me :3
Yeah, after all there will always be things to steal and people to kill.

Travis

I hope it doesn't get boring. I am a little bit worried that, by know it is endless, I won't be motivated to progress. With no finish line, why run? But I'm excited to see how it plays out. I just don't want it to turn into an MMO where there are billions of quests, each more meaningless than the next.

Flamingtaco

I hope it doesn't get boring. I am a little bit worried that, by know it is endless, I won't be motivated to progress. With no finish line, why run? But I'm excited to see how it plays out. I just don't want it to turn into an MMO where there are billions of quests, each more meaningless than the next.
Elder Scrolls games have never had an end. Fallout 3 had an end but then everyone complained so they made it so you could free roam after you beat it. But now there will still be stuff to do when you've beat all quests. And you can always make a new character. Replaying quests will be more interesting since they're partly randomized.

I like the idea of infinite quests but my main worry is that after a while you will have levelled up so much that there to easy and they could get repetitive. I remember on Red Dead Redemption, there were a few quick things like a bar fight, helping a stranger fight off cougars but after a while I just started to ignore them because they were all the same. Maybe I just get easily bored but I'm sure there will be enough there to keep me happy for a good few months :D

Flamingtaco

I like the idea of infinite quests but my main worry is that after a while you will have levelled up so much that there to easy and they could get repetitive. I remember on Red Dead Redemption, there were a few quick things like a bar fight, helping a stranger fight off cougars but after a while I just started to ignore them because they were all the same. Maybe I just get easily bored but I'm sure there will be enough there to keep me happy for a good few months :D
Well that's when you would restart with a new character.

HaxAras

Exactly!! I Listened to Somebody Playing the Skyrim opening and the Dialogue Was Different Because He Was A Different Race, Had I Chosen TO Be A Khajiit IN Whiterun an Interesting Convo Might Have Come Up.
Some Traveling Khakiit's weren't Allowed Into The City Because Some Were Thieves.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Or crank up the difficulty. =) I'm starting out pretty low because of the skills I chose. Archery and sneaking don't lend themselves well to higher difficulties without having enough skill to one-shot or at least be able to kill something before it reaches you... because it's never pretty taking a shot to the face when you don't have any survivability X_o.

iLLoNyX

Arch Mage to Clan Thu'um.
So very true. I'm also archery and sneak as well. Is rather harm them as much as possible before they reach me.

kane lindstrom

it's a bit easier on me because im a full on mage/swordsman sorta like a battle mage with a bit of stealth here and there so im well balanced ....but anyway i love the idea of infintite dragons and quest for the dark brotherhood because i love those things :D the only downfall to that is that it might start to reapeat the geneticly randomly generated infinite quests after a long time....because randomization can only go so far untill you have no combinations for anything else new to happen but whatever i will be happy for the next 8 or so months

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts