Uninstalling Convenient Horses breaks owned horse

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ClairelyClaire

I had Convenient Horses installed but never really used its features, so I've tried to uninstall it. However, if I uninstall it, my owned horse (purchased at Whiterun) wanders off and goes back to Whiterun stables instead of staying where I dismount it.

I completed the quest to gain ownership of Frost, so I have another horse, and she stays where I dismount. It's just the horse I bought at Whiterun that's bugged.

I already tried setownership from the console with no luck. I already own the horse - hovering over it confirms that. If I re-enable Convenient Horses, that horse stops wandering off. I did run StopQuest CH from the console prior to removing the CH plugin files from my Skyrim directory.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

Dandros

I had Convenient Horses installed but never really used its features, so I've tried to uninstall it. However, if I uninstall it, my owned horse (purchased at Whiterun) wanders off and goes back to Whiterun stables instead of staying where I dismount it.

I completed the quest to gain ownership of Frost, so I have another horse, and she stays where I dismount. It's just the horse I bought at Whiterun that's bugged.

I already tried setownership from the console with no luck. I already own the horse - hovering over it confirms that. If I re-enable Convenient Horses, that horse stops wandering off. I did run StopQuest CH from the console prior to removing the CH plugin files from my Skyrim directory.

How can I fix this? Thanks!

install the mod again, check if it works fine, then go to some are where the horse data wont be loaded (ej a dungeon or city like solitude) then uninstall the mod and check your horse, other option is using console to reset the horse's AI, although this may erase the purchase

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts