• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thecelticlatino

What would be a good formula for an unarmed character build? Either a heavily armed brawler or a 'spirit monk' style character that uses robes or light armor and mixes unarmed with restoration and archery. I would like some ideas (I'm aware that there is no hand to hand perks, sadly enough).

Thinking-
Race- Khajiit (bonus to unarmed, natural claw attacks), Orc (bonus to heavy armor) or Imperial (bonus to Restoration)
Armor- Heavy (there's a perk that improves unarmed damage)
Restoration- Good for healing and adds to the idea of being a monk
Archery- For those long distance battles you just *have* to use a ranged weapon

Ideas anyone? :-)

Divinity

Sounds good. Down side tho- it will take you longer to level because unarmed doesnt grant xp also might want to pick up enchanting so you can put unarmed dmg% enchants on everything

Titanburner

Premium Member
What would be a good formula for an unarmed character build? Either a heavily armed brawler or a 'spirit monk' style character that uses robes or light armor and mixes unarmed with restoration and archery. I would like some ideas (I'm aware that there is no hand to hand perks, sadly enough).

Thinking-
Race- Khajiit (bonus to unarmed, natural claw attacks), Orc (bonus to heavy armor) or Imperial (bonus to Restoration)
Armor- Heavy (there's a perk that improves unarmed damage)
Restoration- Good for healing and adds to the idea of being a monk
Archery- For those long distance battles you just *have* to use a ranged weapon

Ideas anyone? :-)

Your almost restricted to Khajiit to this one for it to be viable. The claws with the Heavy armor perk (Fists of Steel -Unarmed Attacks with heavy armor gauntlets do their armor rating in extra damage) for heavy armor hands might work for awhile, but seeing as how it doesn't scale and youll always be locked to that amount of damage I dont think it would stay viable for long. Although Khajiit's claws do 15 points of damage by themselves, so maybe if you put on a REALLY nice pair of heavy armor gloves it might work. Let me know how it works. Certainly interested.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I would also add enchanting for unarmed damage boost on your equipment and alteration for that extra defense

Kai

It would be cool coupled with good shouts, you should do a kajiit monk with light armour, since they have unarmed attacks, then get good at avoiding weapon attacks and that would be a pretty sick character.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Must haves: Khajiit, heavy armor, enchanting. Resto and Arch would be optional, but I think they would make awesome additions to this build. I might have to try this myself; sounds fun. :)

Flamingtaco

Sounds good. Down side tho- it will take you longer to level because unarmed doesnt grant xp also might want to pick up enchanting so you can put unarmed dmg% enchants on everything
Well there isn't any xp in skyrim but yeah theres no unarmed skill so it doesnt do anything for you.

Onyx

When entering the ratways yesterday (to get to thieves guild in Riften) one of the guys dropped gloves that gave + unarmed damage. If these are static, would be a good to disenchant them for the damage bonus then enchant some heavy duty gauntletts

Good luck, let us know how it goes

Divinity

When entering the ratways yesterday (to get to thieves guild in Riften) one of the guys dropped gloves that gave + unarmed damage. If these are static, would be a good to disenchant them for the damage bonus then enchant some heavy duty gauntletts

Good luck, let us know how it goes

They are the Pugulist's Gloves or something to that extent right? drops from the guy who is in the room with all the bear traps, those always drop.

Well there isn't any xp in skyrim but yeah theres no unarmed skill so it doesnt do anything for you.

Meaning that while your other character is using a sword they will level up faster because they are gained expirience using that one-handed weapon. there is a Xp system at work here

Onyx

They are the Pugulist's Gloves or something to that extent right? drops from the guy who is in the room with all the bear traps, those always drop.

Meaning that while your other character is using a sword they will level up faster because they are gained expirience using that one-handed weapon. there is a Xp system at work here

Yup was the Pugulist's Gloves:)

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Yeah just disenchanted my Pug Gloves, with my current 'chanting skill I can use that chant and a grand soul to put +11 to unarmed on gloves, a ring... and not sure what else, don't remember off the top of my head, but worth it to D/E them and use the chant for (slightly) better gloves (heavy armor version!) and for whatever other item the enchant will go on.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Pugilist Gloves can be Disenchanted?! Oh happy day!

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Question is; does Unarmed get buffed by any of the one-hand such as Dual flurry or Twohanded dmg?

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Appreciateed

Lilith

Question is; does Unarmed get buffed by any of the one-hand such as Dual flurry or Twohanded dmg?
With Juggernaut from Heavy Armor you get something like the first 5 points in the Two-Handed and One-Handed Trees. With the Armor rating increased your gauntlets also do more damage. And this has the added benefit of making you even less squishy. But nothing like the speed or special dmg buffs. Only flat dmg.

yes i was basically have been playing this char for the past ?? hours and all i can come up with is to do these things.

1. Make the char a Khajiit for +15 claw damage from being unarmed
2. Spec into the Heavy Armor tree to get the Fists of Steel and then the rest of the tree to max out your Armor Rating
3. Spec into the Smithing tree to be able to upgrade your gauntlets to their max AR.
4. Find the Pugilist's Glove in the Ratways leading to The Ragged Flagon, spec into the Enchant tree at least to the to skill bonus one and also max out the first slot.
5. Finally spec into the Alchemy tree to max out the skill potions you will pop right before upgrading your armor and also before enchanting your armor.

I think I'm going to investigate into if being unarmed works with the shout that increases your attack speed (Elemental Fury?) so as to max out your DPS. Anyhow I've also been developing him otherwise.

Restoration- IMO necesarry for all melee chars if not just all of them
Novice
Dual Casting
Regeneration (+50% amount healed)

Illusion- Haven't tried it out on a char yet but it's been playing out nicely because i got the perk that all illusion spells work on higher level enemies so now the spell just determines the length of the buff or debuff
Novice
Apprentice
Animage
Kindred Mage

Also been putting points into pickpocketing but thats just kinda a roleplaying thing for me. I haven't gotten close to finishing him, I'm only lvl 17. But from what I've done I think I'm doing 52 (Orc Gauntlets Flawless AR) +15 (claws)= 67 unarmed damage. It's hard to tell because Bethesda decided to go a steamy number 2 on unarmed/hand to hand in this game. I mean there is a +unarmed dmg % enchant plus a skill point dedicated to it PLUS there are special kill scenes for unarmed, but they don't show how much damage you're doing when you go the weapons tab. Not to mention the fact that there is no skill lvling for it so using it gives you 0 xp which makes it real friggin difficult to lvl in general since its your main combat. I mean they could've at least grouped it with one-handed and put 1 or 2 skill points in the tree to make it so you could disarm and something else or ANYTHING.

Zacchaeus

This thread inspirited me to go and do it myself as you can see in my signature and my notes on an Unarmed character are: Magic, Light Armor, and Archery are for pussies, you must use a Khajiit with Enchanting, Smithing, Alchemy, and Heavy Armor, and boosting is key. When I created my character, during the tutorial quest, I did a bit of boosting to unlock perks and raise my character level because Unarmed is no longer a skill. So I actually began the game around level 10, beat the main questline around 35, and I really haven't had any significant problems. I can beat Elder Dragons and Giants. Training has been vital to raise difficult skills like Enchanting and just slow skills like Heavy Armor. Disenchanting Pugilist Gloves is required and you should always have a Ring and Heavy Armor Gauntlets with Fortify Unarmed Damage. I don't think I would trust the Skyrim Wiki with the Dual One-Handed perks helping Unarmed, but if I can manage to get 3 unused perk unlocks accumulated I'll save and test it myself. A lot of sources complain about how Unarmed damage is really limited and doesn't seem to do what the perks and things say but it works wonders for me. Finally, you can never lose a Brawl if you make an Unarmed character

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts