Spoiler Um, bit confused about the ending?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Griogior

So basically, I've killed Harkon in the Vampire Faction, and I've noted there is no formal ceremony that makes you Lord of the Vampires.. Yes, you can use his coffin, and wear his robes etc etc, but there just doesn't seem to be a definitive end. Nobody really commented on me killing him and the castle falling to me, apart from asking me whether to repair a passageway. Everyone else around the castle keeps asking me to go and kill some necromancers, wipe out a vampire, turn someone into a vampire, make a public kill to draw attention to the Dawnguard, and it's kinda boring just doing it all these times, and I'd really like to know if anyone knows of any kind of DEFINITE ending? Or am I just doomed eternally to forever roam the lands of Skyrim, performing petty tasks for the underlings?

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Well, I've been doing some of the Side Quests, and it starts fixing the Castle and people start talking to you differently

Griogior

Thanks, yeah I got asked to fix the passage to the courtyard, but that's about it. It just seems strange that nobody has said, 'Oh well done, yey, you're now in charge.' Perhaps I chose the wrong faction, but I really can't be bothered to start again JUST to play Dawnguard, :) but thanks for that.

DawnGuardMaster

*Minor SPOILER

I have only played the Dawnguard faction, but from what I've heard on the Vampires side you getto become leader like the rest of the guilds, but when I finished the questline with the Dawwnguard I got nothing bbut full membership to the Dawnguard....Left me a bit dissappointed , So feel good you actually get something in the end, although I did get a really sick bow...Dunno if you get it on the other faction side :)

Griogior

*Spoiler here again

Auriel's Bow? If so, yeah, that's the one I got. But that's about it. And the robes that the vampire guy wears. But that's it, really.

DawnGuardMaster

Yeah Auriels Bow (and just in case you didnt know its special "ability" is you shoot one of the two types of arrows at the sun and it has a special effect). You get nothing from the Dawnguard side...

Griogior

Yeah I got the special abilities, I was quite happy with the corrupted arrows, I'm glad they still gave you the option of [*SPOILER*] darkening the sun still.. It was quite fun to do it the first time, and the sky to erupt in red. :p Everyone running around like "WHY IS DA SUN SO DARKKKKK?" But I'd like the respect from my fellow vampires, to call me 'm'lord' and stuff. But meh. Perhaps in an update!

Mathiark

Hardy Wood Elf
I agree, I thought there was more because it sure seemed it but it just ended. I tried to continue the dawnguard faction quest hoping they would GET RID OF THE COBWEBS in the castle but nothing has happened after 20 petty missions.

Griogior

It is very annoying. I've lost count of how many missions I've done, but I'll keep at it, until I lose the will to live.

Kage

Hmm, are you all sure about that? I don't really get any one saying: "Yo, boss man, what's up?" However, someone did indeed tell me that I was the boss, the guy at the end says so. You don't get to be Leader of the Dawnguard? How disappointing, I'm glad I chose Vampires first.

Kage

There should be some guy, who talks to you after killing Harkon. He's like: "Hey, mate, I acknowledge your power, which is, and I'm blind for not seeing this, far superior then Harkon's. So, yeah, your master now, help out around the Castle, will you?" That was pretty much what he said.

Maulhand

Actually from what I hear about the vamps, I'm glad I joined Dawnguard.

*spoiler spoiler spoiler

I think I'm just as bummed as you guys about the ending though. But the benefits are awesome! You get insane sun damage to undead in several different forms, buy armored trolls, crossbows and don't forget about the werewolf tree. Plus you can practically become a vampire lord at anytime.

I'm actually scourging the Soul Cairn in search of Valerica right now. No luck yet.

Honestly, who isn't disappointed by the end of the story. It should have elaborated just a tensy tiny bit more and not just done a "Yup, your finished. Time to get back to roaming the open land. Have a good day. See you next game you make." ending.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts