• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
I have a question. Can following an npc in crouch when they are just doing random stuff also level you?

ShadowGambit

Sorry Carz101, I don't really understand the question

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
For instance, you follow Ysalda around as she walks around whiterun, will it level your sneak as you follow her?

ShadowGambit

If you are undetected yes.

You can do that with a guard in the Dragonsreach Great Hall. He is often alone in the hall. So as long as you are behind him and shadow him, you will level your sneak skill.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
I have a question. Can following an npc in crouch when they are just doing random stuff also level you?

1. no,They have to be a graybeard. They have the lowest detection rate in the game.

2. yes, you can sneak attack them when walking around but do not, they are more likely to detect you and if another graybeard sees you doing this you are most likely dead. Even if you escape HH and come back the glitch will never work again.

^^Shouldnt say no, as it does work...its just slower

Duon

Graphic Designer
I said no because there is a much higher risk of being detected, arrest etc. They also have to be essential NPCs and there are hardly any that are on there own and will not retaliate

There not talking about attacking the guard, just simply shadowing him in sneak mode in order to gain a slow but constant amount of sneak experience. This method does work but is way slower then the one featured in this guide.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
There not talking about attacking the guard, just simply shadowing him in sneak mode in order to gain a slow but constant amount of sneak experience. This method does work but is way slower then the one featured in this guide.

O yes sorry I misunderstood the conversation. I thought you meant sneak critical not just shadowing the lone guard>.>

I made an account just to say this...your technique is s**t, took one slash at them with an iron dagger in sneak mode, behind them, and he turned round and started attacking me. Spent the next hour getting killed by greybeards over and over.

I made an account just to say this...your technique is s**t, took one slash at them with an iron dagger in sneak mode, behind them, and he turned round and started attacking me. Spent the next hour getting killed by greybeards over and over.

youre doing it wrong then. Have you done any of the greybeards quests?

I've found the best way to do this is in the large hall they bow down and pray in. There's normally always two in the room. Sneak up on one, hit him three times(any more and he'll attack) then go right over to the other and do the same. Just bounce back and forth between the two. It's amazingly fast. Also works with archery of course.

^Catch all 4 of them sitting around the big table and sneak attack them one by one. You will level FAST

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est

Yes I understand your frustration. As of Skyrim Patch 1.8 for the Xbox 360 Graybeards have a higher detection rate. They will (as before) attack and shout at you until your dead if your caught.

The bottom line is, this guide now requires you to have 35 sneak at least.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts