• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Ultimate Guide To 100 Sneak
This guide will show how to get to 100 sneak in 30 minutes flat. This does not require you to be any race, level have any kind of armor. Although I recommend having high-level gear because you will level up drastically when you do this guide.
I have written a guide to get such gear, it can be found here -> God Weapons and Armor Guide For Dummies | Skyrim Forums
*Note if you have ever harmed a graybeard this guide will not work.*
Requirements: A dagger of any kind (I recommend iron for low damage.) I highly recommend not doing this on a lower level. Must have progressed in the main quest line to be able to access High Hrothgar and the Greybeards.
Method:
1. Travel to High Hrothgar and enter. Proceed straight throughout the building until you go up a stone stairs and reach the courtyard door.
2. At this point the door will be in right front of you and 2 walkways on your right side and left side. From 8am-8pm (wait if it is 8pm) There will almost be always a graybeard along this walkway kneeling down and praying
3. Now walk down either walkway (the one were a graybeard is present.)
4. When you reach him pull out your dagger (I Recommend iron) and go into sneak crouch behind him.
5. From here you can hit him non-stop and it will ALWAYS be a sneak-critical which is awesome so your sneak skill will sky-rocket. I recommend an iron dagger so you will do minimum damage so the graybeard will get knocked down less but saves you time.
6. Literally just keep hitting the poor bastard and it will amx your sneak. if you are too obvious and he manages to detect you the glitch will NOT work anymore even if you comeback later, the graybeard will always detect you.)
7. If you followed all these steps correctly you should have mastered the sneak skill in less than 30minutes.
This where you should be (but behind him :D) Google Image Result for http://i.ytimg.com/vi/asTDzI4ZNL0/0.jpg
*Please give feedback of any kind outlining what you thought of the guide.*
Happy Stealth Hunting,
Get sm0ked

Duon

Graphic Designer
This method works best if you save the perks until you reach level 100, if you do this and you're already dealing 30x damage they start spotting you after every strike and you gotta wait 4-5 seconds for the icon to change back. (this was even when i hit him with fists lol)

Also cranking the game difficulty to Master makes it go faster.

ShadowGambit

My only problem with that is that if you already have access to High Hrothgar and the Greybeards, that means pretty much that you killed your first dragon and that Dragons are starting to spawn and hunt you. I'd rather avoid that before I get to level 30-35.

Another method: in Dragonsreach Great Porch, there is a single guard doing his round. You can shadow him during his round and you will gain sneak level. Longer than the other method though, but you can do that very early in the game. And no dragon spawning yet.

Note: you use Get Smoked's method with Rolof in Helgen, before the Bear episode. He is and essential NPC and cannot die. And he will not turn against you. It is funny that the Bear episode is design to teach you how to sneak... and by sneak attacking Rolof over and over again, you will MASTER the sneaking :)

Demoraj

I find it much easier to do this technique at the beginning of the game with relof or hadvar. You have to wait until he asks if you want to sneak by or kill the bear.", when he does this, he'll wait for you to do something when he's proned. He won't ever attack you, it's best you get him in a corner, just don't go past the bear.

ShadowGambit

The only problem that I see with the Helgen method, is that when you then get out of Helgen you will be leveled.

If you leveled your sneak only, you should be around level 18-20. If you also leveled one of your melee skill, as you should, then you will be around level 28.

You have the level but you don't have the weapon/spell/armor to compete with leveled hostiles. Your steel weapon will be too weak. Your steel armor won't absorb much of the damage and you will have nearly no spell you can use outside of the lowest one in the list.

Bandits and Thugs will crush you if you cross their paths.

Chaomas

You will have poor gear and be very under level. This is the best method

Actually all depends on the class you going for, For me i played an archer class, assassin class, assassin/mage and archer/assassin class, then doing helgon method is easier and earler to get sneak, restoration, one handed and two handed all of them up to lvl 100 then save all those perks for my sneak type classes and when you leave the tutoral dungeon you be around lvl 25........ and sure you will have the steel armor , steal weapons and those are temporary to use, since for myself, ill go straight off to join thieves guild and dark brotherhood, through all those quests from those two guilds you will get awesome armor and weapons. So depending on your class your going to play,So if going to play the type of classes i played^^^^^^ then helgon method is easier and faster and YOU WILL NOT BE GIMPED AT ALL.

;):):)

Totally works. I forged 2 ebony daggers and upgraded them to dealing ~100 damage. Went to town on the GreyBeards as they were sitting around the table in one of the rooms, took my sneak from the 60's to 100 in about 20 minutes

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Actually all depends on the class you going for, For me i played an archer class, assassin class, assassin/mage and archer/assassin class, then doing helgon method is easier and earler to get sneak, restoration, one handed and two handed all of them up to lvl 100 then save all those perks for my sneak type classes and when you leave the tutoral dungeon you be around lvl 25........ and sure you will have the steel armor , steal weapons and those are temporary to use, since for myself, ill go straight off to join thieves guild and dark brotherhood, through all those quests from those two guilds you will get awesome armor and weapons. So depending on your class your going to play,So if going to play the type of classes i played^^^^^^ then helgon method is easier and faster and YOU WILL NOT BE GIMPED AT ALL.

;):):)

No it isnt -.- i did my reasearch if I thought the helgen method is better I would have made a guide on that..

ALso are you high it does not depend on your class you will stilll have terriblequipment and get owned even if you are doing the DB or Tg questline.

Duon

Graphic Designer
It's not really all that hard Smoked, I've done the Helgen method and with maxed/sneak+blade I just walked down to road a bit and stabbed the first bandit i saw in the back. Pulled enough gear off him to get me going smoothly. Both methods have there use, one could argue that your method also makes the game harder because you have to go ahead and become the Dovahkiin, which totally sucks if your not already level 30-35 (at least if u play on the difficulty i do).

Both ways work well, just one method works for those power-leveling from the beginning and one method works for those that already have decent levels but just want to get sneak up quickly.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
It's not really all that hard Smoked, I've done the Helgen method and with maxed/sneak+blade I just walked down to road a bit and stabbed the first bandit i saw in the back. Pulled enough gear off him to get me going smoothly. Both methods have there use, one could argue that your method also makes the game harder because you have to go ahead and become the Dovahkiin, which totally sucks if your not already level 30-35 (at least if u play on the difficulty i do).

Both ways work well, just one method works for those power-leveling from the beginning and one method works for those that already have decent levels but just want to get sneak up quickly.

yes, no you dont have to become davakiin at all..... just kill 1 dragon then tarvel to high hroghgar..

Duon

Graphic Designer
yes, no you dont have to become davakiin at all..... just kill 1 dragon then tarvel to high hroghgar..

When you kill Mirmulnir (your first dragon) this instantly activates all other dragons in the game, which is the hard part about being Dovahkiin for a low level assassin playing on "Very Hard" difficulty just looking to power level some sneak early without activating dragons just yet.

^Aquire Giant Toes, Wheat and River Betty's....go to town at an Apothecary table

Tyrone

I dressed up my Redguard in a doo-rag and a shiv when doing this ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts