• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeffrey

I am trying to do maximum bow and arrow damage and I am trying to find gear with "Bows do % more damage."
Is there a necklace or helm that does more than 20% bow damage, I already have 35% gloves, 40% ring but I cant find a necklace piece or helm piece that does more than 20%.
If there is one, does anyone know it's location or how to make it?

Speech500

Krosis the dragon priest has a mask that makes archery 20% better

Jeffrey

Thanks, I was actually in the middle of fighting him when I read this, awesome to know I chose the right dungeon to walk in! :p

Shmaglum

Knee Repair Extraordinaire
20% blows. either enchant and get it up to 47% or more or get the ancient dark brotherhood assassin's hood. Its 35% and looks aight.

ShadowGambit

Depends if you use enchantments or not.

On my Fully Upgrade Crafted Elven bow, I use Fiery Soultrap and Shock Damage. SHock is good against caster and Dragon.

if you are crafting, the max per item you can have is +48%, for a total of +192%. Also, don't forget Potion of Fortify Archery, they can give you +147% in archery, for the strongest potion you can craft

If you are not crafting, then the Nightingale bow is the best in the game. Or if you use conjuration, the Bound bow is very nice and you can get it early.

You can find some tips about archery here:

Archer Help | Skyrim Forums

sahqonsah

The best bow is the elven bow, daedric may be stronger shot for shot but elven has the second fastest draw speed. When you reach higher levels doing something like 300 damage per shot, then what difference is an extra 10 or even 25 damage per shot when you can shoot 4 arrows with an elven bow to 3 arrows with a daedric bow. 3 x 300. = 900. Whereas 4 x 275 = 1100. That's just an opinion though, as its easier to hit with 3 arrows then 4

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
ShadowGambit, always beating me to the punch here haha. I'll add this:

Skyrim:Generic Magic Apparel - UESPWiki

As you can see, the earliest the +40% gear shows up is at level 40 via a Circlet and Ring, and 47 for Gauntlets and Helmet. Unless you are looking for Heavy armor, you'll have to wait til level 55.

You will notice that Necklaces are strangely missing from this list, that means they don't appear "in the wild" and you'll have to enchant your own.

Edit: I just realized this thread is from January 1!? Well, I guess my info is still valid to others, now that the thread is alive again.

Bob1121123

Hey Guys I'm new to this so forgive me if it is bad

I have daedric armour cause I like having the extra protection although may not be needed and dragonscale would work well too (with fully enhanced daedric I have 1168 armour rating). I have enchanted the armour with as much archery stuff I can using a grand sould gem, 100 enchanting and most of the enchanting perks that give better enchantments and stuff. So you drink a potion (enchanters elixir is the strongest) this increases the % that it raises it and enchant everything you can with archery stuff. I then put on more carry weight, breathing underwater, faster health regen, more heavy armour and more stealth. It works well. Improve it either before or after enchanting doesn't really matter and use a blacksmiths elixir to help improve more as well as 100 smithing and all the perks and stuff as well as better smithing gear.

Before Dawnguard. I had a daedric bow improved using blacksmiths elixir to help improve more as well as 100 smithing and all the perks and stuff as well as better smithing gear and daedric arrows. I had it up to 418 damage plus 22 i think from the arrows and I had 35 fire damage and 35 shock damage. The fire damage is best against trolls and the shock works well against mages and stuff cause it drains the magicka.

After dawnguard. Enhanced dwarven cross bow. The same as the dadric bow except it does 430 damage plus 14 for the bolts and 10 for either shock or fire damage from the bolts as well as 35 fire and shock and ignores 50% of armour which makes it destroy.

Perks are pretty obvious either heavy or light armour up to you which one you use. Best heavy= daedric even after dawnguard. Best light= dragonscale. All archery things stealth I found really helps especially with 3x damage nothing survives really. You can just run through as well :p.

Before I made my own I just had an assortment of random things i had found around the place and at one point I had some convict come up to me and give me a helm which had 20% better archery which was pretty cool at like level 10. Pretty sure it is a random encounter. Anyway hope this helped anyone and that you guys didn't get too bored reading have fun playing skyrim great game :)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
It might be helpful if you listed the items that give you a bonus to archery. For example, my character has the ancient shrouded cowl which gives 35% bonus to archery.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Hey Guys I'm new to this so forgive me if it is bad

I have daedric armour cause I like having the extra protection although may not be needed and dragonscale would work well too (with fully enhanced daedric I have 1168 armour rating).

Hello there friend, and welcome to the forums! I wanted to let you know for your benefit, that the physical armor rating actually caps at 567 armor. The formula is percentage based, and 80% is the maximum damage reduction which happens at 567 armor. That means you can take off your Heavy Armor enchantments in favor of something else more useful!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
anybody ever get the bow called Zephyr? It has a 30% faster draw speed. I'm waiting to get the dwarven knowledge perk to improve it b/c I don't want to waste a perk on dwarven smithing for my light armor character.

Bob1121123

Hello there friend, and welcome to the forums! I wanted to let you know for your benefit, that the physical armor rating actually caps at 567 armor. The formula is percentage based, and 80% is the maximum damage reduction which happens at 567 armor. That means you can take off your Heavy Armor enchantments in favor of something else more useful!

Bob1121123

If you are wondering you can give an enchantment for archery to a ring, helm, necklace and gauntlets and the best follower for archery is really up to you. I had aela and she was sheet kept getting downed but she's alright jenessa I haven't tried but I've got Serena now and she is boss durak sucked and mojll or whatever is good and faendel is pretty good as well

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts