1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Ulfric Stormcloak

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by SkyrimShieldSword, Dec 16, 2011.

1. SkyrimShieldSword

SkyrimShieldSword Member

Why do the stormcloaks think he has the right to be High King? What's his right to the throne?
  2. psyk0

psyk0 No soul gem large enough.

Well, he challenged the High King to one-on-one combat, and he accepted - and was defeated by the Thu'um. According to the old Nordic ways that qualifies him for the position more than some Imperial dog.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cade

Cade New Member

And he has the Thu'um. Other than that, he just seems like some random punk to me.
  4. MrCostari

MrCostari Member

He did survived the execution, right?
    Who died on the block? Just some random stormcloack soldier?
  5. psyk0

I forget what his name was (which is odd, considering I've done that starting quest about 20 times now.) But yeah he's just some stormcloak guy.
  6. brandon

brandon Active Member

yeah the guy that dies is the one who was talking to you in the cart. and he sacrificed himself so ulfric could live a little longer. and ulfric is supposed to be high king but as a dark elf i wont let a bunch of racist pricks run skyrim. nope never no matter how much i believe in their cause i went to windhelm to join them and as soon as i enter the city some jack nugget wanted to brawl cause im a elf. f^ck him
  7. Barakuza

Barakuza New Member

if you actually talk to ulfric about the subject, he will inform you that he did NOT shout the king to death as everybody says, but instead used his thu'um to subdue the guards, then chop up the current high king with a simple axe
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Retired Moderator

Interesting. :eek:
  9. psyk0

We assume he's being honest about that, though. It might be in his best interests to lie about using the Thu'um to kill the king, if it humanises him in the eyes of his subjects.