• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Well, he challenged the High King to one-on-one combat, and he accepted - and was defeated by the Thu'um. According to the old Nordic ways that qualifies him for the position more than some Imperial dog.

psyk0

I forget what his name was (which is odd, considering I've done that starting quest about 20 times now.) But yeah he's just some stormcloak guy.

brandon

yeah the guy that dies is the one who was talking to you in the cart. and he sacrificed himself so ulfric could live a little longer. and ulfric is supposed to be high king but as a dark elf i wont let a bunch of racist pricks run skyrim. nope never no matter how much i believe in their cause i went to windhelm to join them and as soon as i enter the city some jack nugget wanted to brawl cause im a elf. f^ck him

Barakuza

if you actually talk to ulfric about the subject, he will inform you that he did NOT shout the king to death as everybody says, but instead used his thu'um to subdue the guards, then chop up the current high king with a simple axe

Stone

Retired Moderator
if you actually talk to ulfric about the subject, he will inform you that he did NOT shout the king to death as everybody says, but instead used his thu'um to subdue the guards, then chop up the current high king with a simple axe
Interesting. :eek:

psyk0

We assume he's being honest about that, though. It might be in his best interests to lie about using the Thu'um to kill the king, if it humanises him in the eyes of his subjects.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts