Two handed weapons VS. One handed + Shield

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Two handed weapons VS. One handed + Shield

• Two handed

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • One handed + Shield

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
im a two handed man, but then i just like being a bad ass cutting peoples heads off

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I prefer playing sword and shield. But I did have a lot of fun with my 2 handed warrior build.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I began with an Orc and went with Two handed. Let me tell you w/ his rage power he was a killing machine. Hulk Smash describes it well. When you level up health/armor enough it protects you against the slower wind up time. Second time around I'm playing a Redguard, so decided to go with the more agile one handed/shield combo. I love using block effectively making the shield into another weapon and favor a mace with replicates the heavy hitting power of a two hander but is faster. Each style has it's pros and cons so just go with what you feel most comfortable with and with what suits your character.

Ironclad

2-handed! Smash EVERYTHING! Multiple strikes on all enemies in a sweeping sword strike - crush armoured dudes like they are wearing paper hats - bleed them. BLEED THEM!
errr... yeh. :oops:

Purr

:3
I never use two-handed weapons (too slow and heavy) but it's the same thing with shield, it's not my thing. It just seems so hard and stupid... @_@ When I have one-handed weapon my other hand is empty (or sometimes I use magic with it). So I say neither! Only one-handed weapon, no shield.

BurnBabyBurn

2 handed all the way. Swing on a grounded dragon's neck, stand on its head and cleave its skull with a 2 handed overhead smash of a battleaxe. How can you beat that?

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Sword / Shield. Much more versatile, so you can switch out one for a hand of magic without having to completely holster/re-equip your two hander. Plus I like to just Captain America everything. It would be pretty cool if the shield were throwable.

I think if you want to go two handed, in my opinion, you have to use either Elemental Fury Shout or The Longhammer, because otherwise they are too slow.

Latest posts