• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Before answering her question, Juggles sat down and made himself comfortable. He then said, Let's just say that I'm a member of an organization made up of like-minded individuals. We are all skilled in the arts, he gestured toward her before going on, your juggling being a perfect example.

My brothers and sisters and I are also quite skilled in the art of, he cleared his throat while searching for the perfect word, shall we say, elimination. We are paid extremely well for eliminating these chosen few. And know this. We do not take innocent lives and we always have the right and the power to reject any elimination requests that come our way.

The juggler waited a moment, allowing his words to sink in. As it happens, I am here in Solitude for one such request. But here's the thing. This request involves a pair of marks. I have no doubt that I can take care of them on my own. If, however, you are looking for a new lease on life, there are two of them. And then there's the two of us. Interested? He stared hard at her, searching for any kind of clue from her eyes to her body language as to how she'd answer his invitation.

Mistress Jess

Duon's Gurl
    “As long as you can get away that’s all I need to know.” Sofi spoke pulling her knees back up against her chest as she stared into the orange flames licking in the hearth, her concern for her friend clearly evident in her tone of speech. pushing herself deeper into the soft cushions of the ancient armchair she did her best to get more comfy, rubbing her eyes and yawning widely. “I really wanted to get some sleep…” She sighed reluctantly getting back to her feet. “I suppose we should get this done though.” Sofi added walking back over to the fire and warming herself once more in its glow; checking the straps on her hidden blades before walking over to the armchair and picking up her bag, slinging it over her shoulder before grabbing Buttons hand and leading the way back out into the cold snowy darkness of Windhelms streets.

Checking for guards each time they turned one of Windhelms labyrinth like streets, Sofi let her mind drift in the cold as she stared back up at the giant snowflakes falling from the sky even heavier than before, again thinking of her time spent at collage with Buttons.

Memory
    -----------------------------------------​

“Are you day dreaming again?” Buttons laughed walking up to Sofi an playfully pushing her as she leaned against the bridge to Winterhold staring out into the snow covered horizon and the shoreline below the high perch of the Mages Collage and its spire-like tower. “Just waiting for you…” Sofi smiled looking over her shoulder at her dear friend. “So what did the old man want, finally find out about those books we took from the Arcanium?” “No it’s not that…” Buttons giggled locking her arm with Sofi’s and starting to walk back towards the collage, slowing down as to stay behind a group of students in front of them. “He actually wants us to do him a favor…” “A favor..?” Sofi giggled almost laughing with a mix of curiosity and surprise. “He wants us to steal something.” Buttons winked smilingly slyly awaiting her friends shocked expression. “WANTS us to STEAL something…?” Sofi blurted her mouth gaping open in surprise; the two had had plenty of run-ins with the aging arch-mage in the past, most always while they were in some sort of trouble.

“Yeah I was surprised too; I guess he noticed our uhm… unique skills.” She smiled back at Sofi as she swung open the large door leading the way into the warm candle lit halls of the collage. “Apparently some seedy types have acquired a amulet of some kind, he was kinda hazy on the details like always but it’s either powerful or valuable I guess… Anyway, he wants us to get it for him.” “About time someone recognizes our talents.” Sofi laughed playfully bumping Buttons with her side, taking her hand in her own and starting to pull her down the hall. “Come on we can talk about this while we eat, I’m starving…” She added picking up her pace still dragging along Buttons as they disappeared into the Dining Hall.

Perching herself atop a high tree branch outside the large three story Manor Sofi surveyed her surroundings with the careful trained eye of a thief, letting the corners of her mouth curl up into a sly smirk as she caught sight of the dark outline of a figure dressed in a maids dress walking down the tree lined private dirt road leading up to the house. Shivering in the cold nights air Buttons slid her hands into the sleeves of the uncomfortable black dress she had stolen in town from one of the Manors servants “Who might you be?” A gravely male voice spoke from the shadows next to the door, stopping Buttons in her tracks as the mountain of a Nord stepped out into the light both arms crossed and a stern expression on his face. “I’m just a maid…” Buttons lied with a smile, batting her eyes at the door guard an stepping into the torch light in front of the door. “I’m new.”

“Oh well aren’t you a pretty one to… I might just have to get to know you a little better…” He laughed to himself with a dumb expression taking a couple steps closer to Buttons. “Anything could happen…” Buttons giggled keeping up her act but rolling her eyes at his brutish comments. “Right now I better get to work though.” She added touching him on the shoulder as she walked past, opening the door and vanishing inside. “Bravo!” Sofi clapped quietly giggling from her viewpoint in the treetop; getting to her feet she carefully worked her way along the branch until she reached its very tip which butted up along a second story window. Peering through the window Sofi smiled as the door opened and Buttons entered walking over to the window, opening it up and letting her inside. “I think you two would make a wonderful couple my precious.” Sofi teased stretching her tense muscles watching Buttons take off the dress revealing her outfit below. “Oh you know it…” Buttons rolled her eyes playfully pushing Sofi before walking over to the door and peaking outside. “It’s pretty empty up here, just a few servants but there is some kind of party going on downstairs…”

“Come on let’s get this over with then.” Sofi giggled opening the door and pushing her way past Buttons, starting to creep her way down the hall in the direction of their goal. Reaching the end of the hallway Sofi crept to its edge, beginning to peak around but stopping as another male voice reached her ears. “Is it put away? All these party goers make me nervous, what if someone finds it…” “Relax Vallin, pour yourself another drink and have a good time… It’s locked up in the shrine in the attic, now quit worrying already.” Another male voice, this one drunk answered back from inside the ajar door around the corner. Buttons tugging lightly on Sofi’s shirt she pointed out the dark attic staircase at the far end of the hall, both exchanging sly smiles and nods before slowly creeping past the half open door and up the steep narrow staircase.

Spinning the brass door knob and stepping inside the two entered a large circular attic with high bookshelf covered walls, wrapping around all but one corner directly across from the entrance where a large stone alter covered in unknown ruins stood. Fresh dried blood covered it top while several skulls and decorative weapons sat atop its stone table flanking a bust of a Daedric head with a gold and onyx skull shaped amulet seated around its stone shoulders. “Grab it and let’s get the hell out of this place, its giving me the creeps…” Sofi whispered eyes still wondering around the makeshift shrine.

-----------------------------------------​

“Are you day dreaming?” Buttons giggling voice reached Sofi’s ears zapping her back to reality. “Perhaps…” Sofi smiled shaking off the cold as the chill of Windhelm once again grabbed hold of her senses. “I was just thinking about the last time we were on a mission together…”

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag was skeptical as she listened to beginning of Juggle's offer. She crossed her arms as he explained his offer more. "So, what you're trying to explain to me is you want me to help you eliminate two targets? And you're saying that you get paid to kill said targets. Well then, how I could I say no?" Zigzag said. She grabbed her bag off the bed and slung it around her shoulders, her knives going into two sheathes that were attached to her legs. "Glad to be apart of this little 'group'." Zigzag said, shaking Juggles' hand. She began to walk out the door, when she paused mid-step. "One more thing Juggles. You wouldn't happen to know where a girl could find a rose in, where are we again, Solitude was it?"

Lifts-Her-Tail

Shinny waited his eyes interlocked onto his unwary prey, his tongue rearing up onto his lips imagining biting deep into the neck of his prey oh how nice the taste of fresh blood would taste. He crept so he was so close to his prey that the mans sent was clear and he smelled like fish. Very smelly fish. He looked at the man who looked like an obese pig as he sniffed his arm pits and wiped the snot from his face with his arm like a creepy little creep man. Shinny was so excited just to get a taste of the mans fat body and eat till he was full.

Shinny's claws pointed outwards like long deadly kitchen knives, strong and powerful enough to cut through flesh like he was cutting through something simple and weak with no protection. He was a deadly predator and he could kill this pathetic fat man with one simple movement. He crept so closer so he was only a foot away, but the ugly cretin hadn't noticed and then in one swift movement he jumped up towards the oath and when he got hold of the man his claws dug deep into his fat belly and the man fell backwards onto the graveled road.

The man tried to cry out, but Shinny was fast and he slit across the mans throat and he dies almost instantly. A evil, cruel, malicious looking smile crept over his face. It was time to feast! He sunk his teeth deep into the mans neck and very slowly he began to suck the blood out of his poor weak body and soon he was nearly completely drained of blood and it was now filling his stomach. The blood filled him up and he couldn't even manage to eat the mans flesh. He decided he would leave the body for the creatures of the night and he then picked himself up and left the mans corpse lying motionless and dead on the road where so many would see this poor mans body...

Shinny was hasty and he was making his way to High Hrothgar where he might feast on some very well deserved shouting crazy men's blood, oh how nice it would be to sink into their necks! Feasting on their powerful bodies, he would be so respected and well looked after by so many! He would be like a god to all those below him. He was near the bottom of the seven thousand steps within a hour or so. Shinny then began his ascent and it wasnt long before he saw a strange looking woman fighting a man.

This was no way a man should behave fighting a poor defenceless women. Shinny quickly climbed upwards and stealthily up above them and he looked down upon them both and then he looked around for a weapon and he saw a rock and then picked it up in his paws and then pointed it right above the mans head and with one simple movement he let go of the rock and it hit the man right on the head.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
    Cassandra fought valiantly. The Dragonborn was surprised at her ferocity. She started her dance of death, using her ring blade as an extension of her own body. The Dragonborn was confused by her movements at first. He had never seen this style before. Lightning-quick circular slashes left little cuts on his arms, torso and legs. He was on the defensive, but started to catch on....

The Dragonborn noticed Cassandra had little refinement to her assault. She was all offense. He knew what to do. He had to counter her. He patiently waited until Cassandra began to tire slightly, and timed a shield bash that landed square on Cassandra's face, sending her reeling. Cassandra staggered backwards, knowing the end would come soon. Cassandra's style worked on most opponents. Most did not catch on in time and her aggressive style usually won the day before they would have the chance to counter it. But not this man.

Holding her face from the pain, tears stinging her eyes and blood flowing from her nose, Cassandra barely recovered in time to see the Dragonborn's next attack sweeping at her torso. She caught his sword in the center of her ring blade, but the blow was so powerful she could not deflect the full force of it. His sword cut deep into the flesh below her left rib cage. With a deep, guttural growl of defiance, Cassandra twisted her ring blade to the right, disarming the Dragonborn and throwing his sword to the ground beside her. She immediately followed-up with a backwards spin kick at the Dragonborns head, but her kick missed it's mark. The Dragonborn had stepped back to avoid her follow-up attack, and began sucking in air for a massive shout attack....

"FUS RO DAH!!!" The shout hit Cassandra like the mighty winds of a hurricane. Her ears popped from the deafening power of the Voice, and her body was sent flying over the edge of the mountain path. The world around her sank into darkness....

Cassandra awoke on a large table in the center of Ivarstead's tavern. Looking up from her back, she could see a large hole in the ceiling where she had made her entrance. She didn't know how she survived the fall. Perhaps Sithis softened the blow for her. Whatever the case, she knew she had to get out of here, and back to the Sanctuary. She could barely walk, making her way out of the tavern and ignoring the shocked faces of the tavern patrons. Then, to her horror, as soon as she was outside the door, she could see the Dragonborn running toward her from the bridge to the mountain path. "Oh fl*ff me", she spat under her breath, now accepting her death.

Within moments, the Dragonborn disarmed Cassandra, who was so weak she could barely grasp her ring blade at this point. Cassandra closed her eyes and fell to her knees, waiting for the final blow. "Any last words assassin?" She looked up, ready to speak the last words of her life, but she saw someone...or something....she was too weak to see straight.... behind the Dragonborn on the roof of the tavern with a rock raised, ready to drop it on his head. Cassandra replied, "Yeah. I hope you got a strong helmet." With that, the rock fell on the Dragonborn's head with a sickening thud, knocking him unconscious. Cassandra thought about finishing him off for a moment, but knew that killing the Dragonborn in the center of town with several witnesses would not be wise. The best course of action now was to flee with the person that saved her life before the guards came. Introductions would come later.

Shinny quickly commandeered a horse drawn wagon and Cassandra jumped in the back. "We must head towards Riften". With that, Cassandra passed out, weak form blood loss.

dunklunk

You misunderstand my offer, replied Juggles. It's not that I need your help in taking care of these two targets. The timing, however, is perfect. As a rite of passage, this would be a most opportune way for you to enter our "family."

The juggler continued before Zigzag could respond, as he wanted to give her as much information as possible before making her final decision. Though from the sound of things, he got the impression she was all-in. The pair of targets are Argonians. Brother and sister, as a matter of fact, he began. The brother, Jaree-Ra, is mine. I have my suspicions of his involvement in the disappearance of one of my good friends a while back. But that's another story for another time. His sister's name is Deeja, and she's all yours. It's also totally up to you as to how she meets her Maker.

Juggles stood as he reached into his coat, while making his way to be near Zigzag. Just one minor, yet huge detail. He handed her a folded piece of parchment. Once Deeja has met her end, unfold that and leave it somewhere on the body. He waited with anticipation as she unfolded the paper, thus revealing the Brotherhood's infamous hand print. He was eager to hear what kind of reaction the hand print made on Zigzag.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    “I was just thinking about the last time we were on a mission together…” the words drifted in her head, remembering what had happen, turning towards Sofi “Why do you think about the weird stuff like that? That was so long ago, and something that I would like to forget” she smiled at her as she bumped her with her hip “Good thing the arch-mage came for us or else, we’d be in the belly of those cultist” she shook her head at what went down that night.

“Just grab it and get out of here this place is giving me the creeps” Buttons elbowed her friend putting her finger to her lips, she looked around the corner watching the two men who, took to drinking, one slightly taller than the other, she smiled somewhat checking them out “Hmm not bad looking for weirdos, but then here I am dressed as a damn maid” softly laughing to herself she looked back over towards Sofi “Wait here” she whispered to her, crouching down, Buttons made her way slowly towards the amulet, each time looking back towards the two men, that finally sat down with their backs towards her. Not looking where she was stepping her foot landed on something that had fallen off the little shrine, making a snapping sound, Buttons froze in place and looked at the two men who had turned around and started running for her “plops!” she looked back towards Sofi “Run!” Buttons turned on her heels and ran at Sofi who, got a good head start, the men where hot on their heels, Sofi taking a quick turn around the corner smacked into one of the men, as Buttons slid into her, grabbing her friends hand she pulled her the other way and stop dead in her tracks with the other man towering over them, Buttons smiled weakly “Uh.. hi”. The two men grabbed them both by the wrist and dragged them back upstairs towards their shrine “The god will be pleased of such… fine offerings” throwing the two girls on the floor and binding them together, they left the room “We’ll be back”. Buttons and Sofi stood together “This gives a new meaning of getting close together Sofi” Buttons laughed at little, while she started looking around the room “Look for something sharp” The girls looked around the room, lucky for them the men didn’t tie to something just each other, they shuffled across the room towards the table, finding nothing of use “What the hell?” Buttons grunted “This isn’t good Sofi… Not good at all… Damn them!”

The two men had returned dressed in what appeared to be some kind of dead animal grab “Oh Dear Talos” Buttons whispered “Ummm I don’t think you’d want to sacrifice us, we are not the sacrificing type, ya know what I mean, I mean we aren’t even virgins, pure… all that crap” the two men looked at each other then back at them “Doesn’t matter our lord likes all kinds of sacrifices” they started to get closer and closer towards Buttons and Sofi with each step they took Buttons heart raced faster “Sofi, Before we die, You’re my best friend and glad I’m tied to you then someone else”, Buttons closed her eyes, and quickly opened them when screaming and sounds a flames surrounded them “TALOS WE ARE GOING TO BE BURNED!!!?”. Buttons looked through the flame, seeing the arch mage “Oh crap, think I’d rather be sacrificed then be at the end of the arch-mages fury” she whispered to Sofi “We are going to be in soooo much trouble… so much” the two men had fallen burnt to a crisp, Buttons and Sofi looked up at the mage giving him their goofy smiles “Hiiiii”

They had reached the gates and Buttons lightly shoved Sofi into a dark corner, covering her up from the guards that patrolled around, looking at Sofi “Promise me no matter what, you hit him you run you wait at the stables for about 3 minutes if I am not out you run, you run to Riften you have the carriage man take you there and you find Delvin and give him that letter…” grabbing her by the shoulders “Promise me Sofi you will do that and not come back looking for me” After awhile Sofi finally nodded “I promise” she whispered under her breath, Buttons smiled at her and headed towards the Palace, nodding at the guards she stepped through.

“Ah my dear friend Buttons” the voice boomed from the end of the table “Come come sit” she smiled as she headed towards that direction “Why thank you Ulfric, but I must decline on important business actually to see Wuunferth and ask him about something I had seen outside, where can I find him?” she said as she leaned against the chair and him, somewhat putting the moves on him, Ulfric grunted a bit looking her up and down, smiling “In his chambers” she smiled and started to bounce over towards the door when Ulfri grabbed her arm pulling her down on his lap “Perhaps we could go to mine for awhile” she smiled at him “Oh Ulfric, I have to take a rain check as this is really important,” she whispered in his ear “Maybe afterwards” she winked and jumped off and walked towards Wuunferths room.

Pushing the door open “I know why you are really here” she looked on towards the man hunched over his enchanting table “Then you know that Id at least like to make this less difficult for you old friend” he turned around looking at her “Why didn’t you just pay her?” he moved towards the left of the room almost circling her, keeping her front towards him and her back against the wall “Wuunferth, please just come outside with me, and lets just end this” he looked at her nodded and walked out the door with her following behind him “You know you wont get away with this Buttons” “I know”.

Once outside, he dismissed the guards “It will give you enough time to reach the gate before you know your freedom is over” she smiled at him, as Sofi came from the dark corner, striking him in the neck with her dagger “Get out of here Sofi, Ill clean this up” Buttons watched as Sofi left the scene and outside of Windhelm gates, Buttons grabbed the wizards cloak and started to drag him towards a corner “HALT! You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people, what say you in your defense?" “fluff” Buttons dropped him and slowly turned around holding her hands up “It wasn’t me?” she smiled at then before she took off running towards the docks.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag stopped mid step as Juggles explained the real purpose of this task. An initiation huh? She thought to herself. Well I guess that makes sense. He wants to see if I can actually do kill this Deeja. I'll show him what I can do. As Zigzag tried to motivate herself to pass Juggles' little 'test', Juggles handed her a note, telling her to place it on the corpse of her target. He looked excited, as if he was waiting for something to happen. "Okay, I'll place the note, but is it that important that I do.?" Zigzag questioned as she flipped open the note. There was no lettering on the parchment, much to Zigzag's surprise, but only one large looking handprint made from black ink. Zigzag raised her eyebrow quizzically, cause she didn't recognize the symbol. "I don't think I get...Wait. I remember this. One of my old 'employers'" Zigzag said that word with some disgust. "found his friend's body with that symbol on his bed. Juggles, is this....are you apart of the Dark Brotherhood?"

dunklunk

I am indeed, he replied. I hope that won't be a problem. It appears to me that you've had some kind of interaction with the Brotherhood. Again, I hope your history with the organization will not affect your decision to join us.

Juggles then eyed her cautiously, not knowing which way she'd lean now. Weapons were within his reach, in case Zigzag chose to take the offensive with one of her own drawn. He tried to put her more at ease by saying, Our targets are, shall we say, "deserving" of being a target. We do not touch the innocents or domestic squabbles of any kind.

Shrugging, he continued, A worker unfairly relieved of his job wants his boss dead? Uh, no. A wife upset and hurt at her cheating husband? Won't happen. A student severly embarrassed at her spanking for not doing her homework? Don't think so. I think you get the picture, Zigzag.

He smiled at her, as he was about to conclude his recruitment speech. I cannot stress enough that you are always free to reject any contract that comes your way. For whatever reasons and we do not question. Just know this, he stated with as much resolve as he could muster, while staring deep into her eyes, professional assassination is the highest form of public service.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag listened to Juggles explanation of the type of jobs the Dark Brotherhood took. "Listen, I had no personal interaction with the Dark Brotherhood. They did me a favor by killing that guy all those years ago. The bastard had it coming. But I get it, you guys stay out of the petty squabbles and focus on the more important jobs you find. That's something I agree with." Zigzag replied. "I'm more then happy enough to do this type of 'public service'. Better then living in a little shack back in High Rock. Do you know where I could this Deeja, or is finding her part of my initiation?"

dunklunk

Very well, Juggles responded. I have all the confidence in the world that you'll fit right in with our merry band of assassins. And truthfully, we really don't have an initiation of any kind to join our family. He winked at her again. I just made that part up while we were standing here talking.

He shook his head while continuing, And no, I have no idea where Deeja is, but I'm sure Jaree-Ra does. See, the slimy lizard usually lurks in the shadows, waiting for inebriated passersby leaving the Winking Skeever. He mentions a quick way to make some gold, and the next thing you know, you're caught in his trap. Which is also known as "an offer you just can't refuse." By now, a scowl had creased the juggler's face.

He approached me and a friend a year or so ago. I drunkenly declined his offer. My friend drunkenly accepted. And I haven't seen him since that night. His eyes now cast downward, Juggles softly said, Find out her whereabouts any way you can. Looking Zigzag up and down, he smiled as he said, I'm sure your womanly charms will definitely assist you in that regard.

Oh, and to answer an earlier question of yours, he began. Check with Angeline next door. She has all kinds of ingredients for potions. I'm sure she has a rose that would suit your needs. If she has none, check around the city. There are flowers everywhere, roses included.

Reaching into his coat, he pulled out the silver blow gun from Buttons. Twirling it between his fingers, he stated matter-of-factly, I'd like to introduce you to the manner in which Jaree-Ra will meet his demise. He suddenly put it to his lips and blew into the empty dart gun, which made a soft pfft sound. A dart dipped in poison would then be somewhere on Jaree-Ra's person. He shrugged while smiling. End of Jaree-Ra.

Mistress Jess

Duon's Gurl
    Quickly losing the guards giving chase by ducking into a dark cramped alleyway between the cities high walls and the building closest to the courtyard Sofi cursed listening to the guard confronting Buttons. “I knew this was a terrible idea…” She sighed remembering what Buttons told her about what to do if she was caught; hesitating for a moment as the voices of Buttons and the guards started to grow further away Sofi crept silently to the alleys exit, peaking out at the street making sure the coast was clear. Reaching into her bag and digging around Sofi extracted a long black cloak, fastening the sliding bead clasp around her neck and pulling the hood down low over her face letting the cloaks cape fall around her concealing her outfit and bloody wrist blades from view.

Following the guards shouts Sofi took advantage of her high level of familiarity with the cities back streets and alleyways to quickly catch up with Buttons. Climbing a stack of crates to reach the thatch roof of a small house addition Sofi pulled herself onto the higher section of the home, giving her a birds eye view of the area below as she caught sight of Buttons turn onto the far end of the street heading her way still running for the gate to the docks at the streets other end. Thinking about what to do Sofi looked around for anything to use as a weapon, grinning slyly as she spotted a pile of barrels stacked on the fourth floor balcony below her. Jumping down and landing on the balcony with a roll she ran at the barrels, slamming her shoulder into the pile and setting them in motion right as Buttons past beneath her.

Rolling with force the heavy kegs smashed through the rail falling down into the streets and onto the heads of the unwitting guards passing beneath, knocking them out or burying them beneath the stack of crushed barrels as ale pooled out around them in a slippery mess. Laughing as she ran after Buttons Sofi jumped balcony to balcony lowering herself closer to the ground before leaping down onto the ground, landing with a quiet roll next to Buttons. “Didn’t think I would really leave you behind now did you?” Sofi giggled pushing open the door to the docks letting Buttons run through before slamming it closed and grabbing a boat oar from against the wall, jamming it up against the door at a angle blocking anyone from opening it from the other side.

Running down the dock to join Buttons in a small boat Sofi sliced the mooring rope with her wrist blade, pushing off the boat with her foot before jumping in and lowering her cloak. “Good thing I've always sucked at listening to you.” Sofi giggled winking at Buttons and taking one look back at the cities snow covered walls before sitting down on the opposite wooden bench, picking up the oars and placing them into their brass rings starting to row toward the opposite shoreline.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    leaning back in the boat before they had reached the shore "No you never listen. Ever." shaking her head, as the boat bumped the shore, she stood and walked over and out of the boat "Well then, my friend" locking arms with her as they walked fast towards the stables "Lets get the hell out of here, and get home" she smiled at her as they jumped in the back of the carriage, taking their seats "Riften" she told the driver as he cracked the whip and the horses shot forward, Buttons looked over towards Sofi "Its going to be a long trip, might as well get some sleep on the way there" smiling at her, Buttons turned toward the driver "No stops and stay off the main road please" he looked over his shoulder, nodded and continued on his way, as Buttons turned back around and shifted into a comfortable spot, closing her eyes she drifted off to sleep, letting the cool air blow on her skin (sorry its short im at work and cant write a whole bunch)

Duon

Graphic Designer
    Resting comfortably upon the mound of hay in the back of a horse drawn wagon Riazen stretched out flexing his tired muscles and glancing to his right at the river that snaked its way toward Riften. Grabbing the strap of his pack and getting up brushing himself off and walking to the front of the traveling cart, steadying himself with one hand on the carts wooden frame and tapping the driver lightly on the shoulder getting his attention. “This is close enough for me.” Riazen spoke reaching into his bag past the black mask and taking a small handful of coins and handing them over. “Thanks friend, I was just happy for the company. Roads are dangerous for us merchants now days between here and the Imperial city with the rebels about you know…” The driver droned on as Riazen paid little attention, instead staring intently at a box of parchments stacked among the merchants goods and the figure that glared back at him from the freshly inked page.

“Rebels aren’t the scariest thing out there.” Riazen said in a cold smirking tone pulling out one of the parchments, rolling it up and hiding it inside his jacket pocket before jumping over the carts railing and landing on his feet on the dirt road and walking into the tree line before the traveling merchant could say anything more. Following the same path he had taken before Riazen quickly reached the oddly placed grove of dark skeletal trees and the sanctuaries black door. “Home sweet home…” He sighed sarcastically approaching the door and pushing it open steeping inside as the heavy door shut itself behind him with a metallic creaking sound leaving him alone in the dim torch lit entrance tunnel.

Hearing little noise coming from within Riazen assumed he was the first one home; making his way to the kitchen he retrieved a bottle of ale and a apple, taking a bite out of the apple and knocking the cork out of his ale as he casually began to explore the sanctuary. Examining the shelves of books Riazen pulled one of the ancient tomes from its place; walking over to the blood red sofa and falling back onto its soft cushions, putting up his feet and having a sip of ale before opening the book and sitting the bottle on the floor. Quickly losing himself within the pages he continued to snack noisily on the apple unaware of the large black spider quietly creeping its way into the room and up the sofa’s arm at Riazen’s feet. Jumping as one of the beasts hairy legs came down on his knee Riazen tossed the book obscuring his view and leaving him face to face with the monstrous creature.

“What the hell!” Riazen screamed frantically crawling backwards over the opposite sofa arm and crashing in a heap on the floor of the lounge before scrambling back to his feet and backing up preparing to launch the apple at the dog sized spider which stood curiously on the couch staring back at him with its many eyes not moving. Doing his best to regain his composure his eyes caught sight of the giant dark purple bow tied around the spider’s neck with a small brass nametag hanging from the bottom of the bow. “Amy?” Riazen read lowering his guard jaw dropping in disbelief as the spider clicked back happily prancing up and down on its eight long hairy legs.

Standing dumbstruck for a moment Riazen dropped the half eaten apple, abandoning his ale and book as he walked a wide circle around the sofa before backing down the hallway toward his room. “What kind of person keeps a pet like that?” Riazen whispered to himself shaking his head as he shut the bedroom door close tight behind him. Emptying the contents of his bag onto the bed Riazen opened the drawers of his dresser and began to put away his traveling supplies and the bags of stolen loot. Picking up the steel black mask and turning it over once in his hand before hanging it by its leather strap from the top corner of the broken mirror.

Walking over to the closest he fished out a broom from the very back, using it to sweep the broken glass that littered the floor out into the hallway before closing the door again. Smirking as he tossed the broom back into the open closet Riazen took off his jacket and hung it on the chair before releasing the silver shoulder clasp of his blades and sitting them down on top of the dresser. Remembering the parchment he reached back into the breast pocket of his jacket; pulling out the yellowing paper and unfolding it revealing the word WANTED and a image of a black figure with a featureless face marked only with dark piercing slotted eyes and a hand print running across its length.

Smiling conceitedly he pushed the wanted posters edge into the top corner of the broken mirrors frame displaying it just below where the black mask hung. Satisfied with his new surroundings Riazen kicked off his boots and collapsed back onto the bed awaiting the others return.

Lifts-Her-Tail

The Dragonborn was now lying unconscious and the crazy looking woman had refused to kill the truly ugly Dragonborn and she just left him there. Shinny saw a horse drawn wagon and decided it would be the exact right moment to take it as it was unattended and the wagon would come in handy to get away from the watchful eyes of the lingering crowds of people in the small village of Ivarstead. Shinny ran over to the wagon and quickly servaid the area, to see if anyone was watching.

Shinny was sneaky and very clever. He was quick and stealthy and would easily get the wagon, collect the woman and then ride off towards wherever as long as it wasn't nearby, so if guards ever saw them, it wouldn't be a complete disaster as they hopefully wouldn't be recognised for beating up the Dragonborn, but if any guards saw them they would probably still think it would be weird to see ruthless looking Khajiit and a crazy bloody defeater of the almighty Dragonborn no matter where they were.

Shinny decided the close was clear and he then hoisted himself up onto the front of the wagon and then with one large crack of a whip which was at the front also he got the horse to move and he rode right towards the woman and she jumped into the back, ordering Shinny to ride towards Riften and with that the woman fainted. Shinny thought it would be wise to follow the woman's orders considering she probably knew Skyrim better than he did. Shinny rode to where the arrow posts showed him to go and eventually he arrived, just before sunset, considering he hated horses he took his time riding it incase the horse got out of control.

Shinny pulled down his linen hood and climbed down from the front of the wagon walked over to the back to see the woman lying motionless, blood soaked into the wood and more still seeping out of the wounds that covered the woman. Shinny heaved himself up to the back and then knelt beside the woman whispering in her ear.
    "Are you awake?"

Medea

The Shadow Queen
    Cassandra awoke to a whispering in her ear. Delirious and weak from her blood loss, she giggled like a little girl when she felt the soft breath tickle her ear and the whiskers brush her cheeks. She put her hand on Shinny's face to playfully push it away, but feeling his cat-like face suddenly jolted Cassandra into reality. She moaned in agony from her wounds and at first feared the Khajiit might take advantage of her weakened state, to rob her... or worse...but then she remembered that he was the one that had saved her from the Dragonborn's coup de grace.

"I must thank you for saving me", Cassandra told him, "but I'm too weak to walk right now. You have to carry me to the Sanctuary". Cassandra hated having to rely on others for help. Not because it made her look weak in front of others, but because she always prided herself on her own strength.

Shinny lifted her lithe body into his powerful arms with ease, and Cassandra gave him directions to the Sanctuary as they traveled home.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Shinny had watched as the weak woman awoke and then to be be asked to get her back to the 'sanctuary'. What on earth could that be? Thoughts quickly began to form in his mind and he was unsure of what to do maybe he should take her or not. He finally realised that he couldn't just leave her to die. Or could he? He decided against abandoning her and he lifted her up and began to follow the directions the woman was pointing to.

Finally after a quite long walk they came to a small clearing where Shinny put the woman down and he stood looking down at her. He wanted answers.
    "Before I go any further I want explanations! First name. Then occupation. Then where the fluff are you taking me? And finally what the fluff is this sanctuary?! And finally finally why the hell were you fighting with the bloody fluffing Dragonborn?!?!?!"

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag listened to Juggles' description Jaree-ra. She had never met the argonian, but she could tell he's the type of guy that was would instantly get under her skin. "The Winking Skeever huh? I'll head over there now." Zigzag said as she put her bag over her shoulder. Her knives, which were laying on the table were put back into their proper sheathes, one on Zigzag's waist, the other on her the side of her leg. Any other knives were put in her bag along with her gold. Zigzag strolled out of the room and headed downstairs. "Wait a second." She said to herself as she walked through the main room of the inn. "Where is the Winking Skeever?" Zigzag paused as she heard someone knock on a table behind. "Uh miss." The bartender said. "This is the Winking Skeever." He said, rolling his eyes. "Oh. Thank you."

Just like Juggles said, there he was. Zigzag observed this 'Jaree-ra' from behind a wall. He was a slightly pale-skinned Argonian, wearing what the young Breton assumed was some type of leather armor and matching boots. He was leaning on a nearby support beam. He looked like the type of person Zigzag would normally steer clear of back home in Wayrest, standing in a corner or dark alley, ready to strike or steal your purse. Most often it was both. But if this was a way to prove herself to Juggles, Zigzag had to give it a shot. She got off the wall she was leaning on and started to walk over to the Argonian. Zigzag stopped right in front of Jaree-Ra. "Hello." Zigzag said with a small wave. The argonian, intrigued by the young woman in front of him, got off the support beam and started to walk around Zigzag. "Well hello there." Jaree-Ra said, pausing his walk to get a view of Zigzag's derriere. As she realized why he paused his walk, Zigzag very quickly turned around, somewhat embarrassed.

"You look like a very, capable young lady. I have a job that's just perfect for you." He said. "Oh really? And what type of job are we talking about?" Zigzag asked, taking a small step back from the argonian. "You see, I have a 'package' waiting at the store over there, waiting for me to pick it up, but I find myself preoccupied at the moment, so if you could receive the package and deliver it to my sister over at the docks, it would be an easy way to earn 500 septims, don't you agree? How about it?" Jaree-Ra said. Zigzag couldn't help but smile. This is perfect. He's practically serving me his sister on a petri dish. "Sure. I'll go deliver it right now." As Zigzag walked towards the store, Jaree-Ra put his hands together. "Good. Good."

A.Auditore

maybe...
    (double posting here for the sake of it)

the wagon bounced up and down along the road, Buttons feeling a slight difference in the air started to stir and as the wheel axle broke, the two females where thrown from the carriage "What the hell?!" Buttons stood brushing herself off and offering her hand to help Sofi up, Buttons ran to the front where the driver had sit, he was thrown from his seat and met his end with a rock, he laid there bleeding out, throwing her hands up "Well isnt this just freaking great" she untied the horse as it started to rear and buck, whispering softly to the horse to calm him down Buttons softly petting the beast until he nudged her with his head "Good Boy, now hold still" she grabbed hold the reins and started to walk him around towards Sofi "You got everything?" she handed the reins to Sofi as she started to search the wagon for anything that she could use, looking at the broken wheel, she saw an arrow lodged in it, raising her eyebrow she grabbed and pulled the arrow out, examing it "Hmm" she dropped the arrow and started looking around before walking fast over towards Sofi grabbing the reins and getting on the horse, holding her hand up and holsting Sofi up behind her "We better move from this area, I dont like the feeling.... YAH" the horse took off, they were not far from the little place of Shors Stone.

When they reached Shors, Buttons dismounted from the horse pulling her hood over her head covering her face, with Sofi walking beside her "We'll stay here for the night before heading home, can't wait to introduce you to the rest of the family" Buttons smiled at Sofi. She tied up the horse (for the sake of it and because there is not a place with a inn besides Riften, and I know that Shors Stone doesnt have one, Im just going to write that it does and say because of the mining it grew, which is true for mining towns ;) ) outside the little taverns post as they headed up the stairs and inside the Red BellyMine Tavern (ya like that ;) ) the warm air hit their faces and the smell of Elsweyr Fondue, Steamed Mud Crablegs and brandy swirled in the air, taking a deep breath in "I know what I am having to eat" she turned looking at Sofi, only her digfigured smile showed, she grabbed her hand and rushed over towards an empty table in the corner. Soon the miners started to fill the tavern, drinking and getting louder with each swig of brandy to their lips. Buttons looked at Sofi "This is going to be a fun night... Waitress!!!!"

Mistress Jess

Duon's Gurl
    “Wuunferth’s buying.” Sofi giggled pulling a bag of coins from the folds of her black satin cloak and laying it out on the wooden table top between them. “Picked his pocket when I slid my blade across his wrinkled neck…” She added with a wicked grin withdrawing her arms from inside the cloak and brandishing one of her hidden blades hinged to her forearm, carefully running two fingers along its razor sharp edge still lightly stained with the old wizards dried blood. Hearing the footsteps of the waitress approaching Sofi hid her arms back within the cloaks folds. “What can I get you ladies?” “A couple bottles of ale and some of those delicious smelling Crab legs please, oh and a bottle of your best Brandy.” Sofi smiled at the brunette waitress removing several coins from the bag and handing them over. “I’ll get your drinks now but the Crab legs will be a moment.” She answered accepting the coins and walking off as Sofi nodded that it was fine.

“I knew it was crazy for you to go in there alone… If Ulfric’s pissed enough he could spread word that you did it to the other provinces…” Sofi spoke quietly leaning across the table to keep their conversation private. “We could be wanted already.” She continued pausing for a moment as she remembered the incident with the cart that caused them to come here. “I wouldn't be surprised if that arrow was meant to slow us down.” Sofi whispered cutting herself off as the waitress returned with their drinks placing them on the table before going to check on the Crab legs. “If so they succeeded…”

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts