Trying to use controller on PC--not working

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
Couple months back I got Morrowind GOTY edition for PC, and found it unplayable with how the controls were set up with the mouse (partly due to having chronic problems with my hands and wrists from being an aging musician). So I got an Xbox controller for Windows, got it installed, my system says it's working and all, but when I start Morrowind, it's only responding to keyboard and mouse commands still. Can anyone help me out? Has anyone else been able to use a controller with this game on PC?

Saozig

Hippy
OK, got the Activate Joystick to actually activate but now having some problems with the moving around. How do I look up or down with the controller? I can't seem to set those myself and can't figure out what on the controller is set by default to let you do it. Jesus this is so fricking, massively annoying...

I need some emoticons right now:

:mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Saozig

Hippy
I'm still having no luck figuring out how to move on the vertical axis with the controller. /sigh Will have to deal with this another day.

But on a more amusing note: my character was in a shop while I was trying to see if I could use the controller to use the menus is this EXCESSIVELY MENU-LADEN game, and I managed to get my guy out of his clothes. So he's standing in this shop nearly butt nekkid and before I can get clothes back on him, the shop keeper goes "It's been a long time since I've seen one of those!" Yeah, about fell out of my seat LOL'ing.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I posted this in the other thread not sure if you seen it or not, this is in no way perfect and takes a while to get used to. You still need to use and a mouse for diolouge options etc... but moving and fighting can be done using a controller.

Use - joy5 - RB
Activate - joy4 - LB
Ready Weapon - joy2 - X
Run - joy0 - A
Jump - joy3 - Y
Next Weapon - joy8 - Right Stick
Toggle pov - joy1 - D-Pad (right)
Menu Mode - joy7 - Start
Journal - joy6 - Select
Rest - joy8 - Left Stick

Saozig

Hippy
I posted this in the other thread not sure if you seen it or not, this is in no way perfect and takes a while to get used to. You still need to use and a mouse for diolouge options etc... but moving and fighting can be done using a controller.

Use - joy5 - RB
Activate - joy4 - LB
Ready Weapon - joy2 - X
Run - joy0 - A
Jump - joy3 - Y
Next Weapon - joy8 - Right Stick
Toggle pov - joy1 - D-Pad (right)
Menu Mode - joy7 - Start
Journal - joy6 - Select
Rest - joy8 - Left Stick

Yeah, I didn't see your other post. I appreciate you re-posting this. What about simply looking up or down via the controller? That's the main issue I'm having.

Brizzle Kicks

That should already
Yeah, I didn't see your other post. I appreciate you re-posting this. What about simply looking up or down via the controller? That's the main issue I'm having.

Have you got the invert Y axsis turned off.

Saozig

Hippy
I tried it with and without the Y axis turned on. Couldn't get it to work. But then again I had to exit and restart the game 3 times before the Activate Joystick would actually activate. I'll try this again.

Saozig

Hippy
Still no luck with the vertical axis, with and without y axis turned on. Add to that annoynance, the menu which lists powers/magic appears to be stuck--can't close it, can't select anything in it.

Brizzle Kicks

Still no luck with the vertical axis, with and without y axis turned on. Add to that annoynance, the menu which lists powers/magic appears to be stuck--can't close it, can't select anything in it.

Damm it sounds like you have a screwed up game have you thought about deleting it and re-installing it to see if that helps.

Saozig

Hippy
Yeah, I have. Was going to be my next step once I get the time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts