• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Agentoringe

Ok, I am now officially both a werewolf and a vampire lord, true hybrid, no console commands or tricks to a game save, did it straight up in game. And it's AWESOME! For all intensive purposes, your a vampire, but same goes for the werewolf...I has access to both perk trees. 100% resist to disease and poison, and I have vampire sight, but i don't keep vampiric drain (who would really miss it? lol) I lose the 25% bonus to illusion spells and my sneak and my extra frost resist from vampirism, but I also lose my weakness to fire and sunlight! The bonus from necromage still applies so yay that. For the most part I get most of the strengths and none of the weaknesses! :)

Agentoringe

lol got ya, ok...first things first, start tw companion quest line, when you finish the quest into dustmans cairn the next one you start is called "the silver hand" ok, that's the quest where you become a werewolf. At this point go start the dawnguard quest chain, doesn't matter which side, one just takes a little more work, if you pick vampire, you will have to cure your vampirism via the guy in morthal, and if you pick dawnguard your good to go. If you pick the vampire side, which I did, it is IMPERATIVE that you WAIT until after finishing the "prophet" quest, because once you do this you don't progress in stages of vampirism anymore, which is essential to have vp seduction to complete the quest, and if you do like I did earlier today, you will waste 4 hours of gameplay to realize you have to do it over again -_- lol always save before attempting weird stuff lol

Ok, here's the tricky part...1: assuming both earlier stated conditions are met, go to the under forge and wait til dark to talk to Skjor, once you do he will walk into the under forge.

2: at this point have serana turn you into a vampire lord BEFORE walking inside as she can't follow.

3: after Skjor asks you if your ready say yes, get your vampire lord powers to your action (Right Bumper) button, when you have the option to click on the fountain of blood, hit the A button to accept AND the right bumper at the same time. This triggers the quest progression AND the vampire lord transformation at the same time, when your screen comes back you will be in werewolf form and immediately burst into vampire lord form.

4: here's where time is precious, immediately revert form back to human, then talk to serana and have her turn you into a vampire lord again, it makes the change permanent. Then access your beast form from your powers list and use it immediately to turn back into a werewolf before you black out and the quest progresses.

5: when you come to, you will be outside the silver hand fort, and possibly have a odd shell like thing over you that looks like the werewolf body, only had that happen once, but either way, at this point, it doesn't matter which, just use either the vampire lord or werewolf (gotta wait 24 hours) form and it will go away...

And there ya go! You have both abilities, both perk trees, you can continue both quests like normal. For all intensive purposes you are considered both a vampire AND a werewolf, I have received comments "your skin is as pale as the snow" "don't like those eyes you got..." "have you been taking care of the animals or something? You smell like wet dog"

The only thing that's noticeable is this, no weakness to sunlight, no vampiric progression, no vampiric drain spell, no beast blood debuff to keep you from getting the rested bonus, also, you keep the Passives of the last transformation you did, so if the last you did was a werewolf, then you will have resist disease but not resist poison, if vampire, you will have 2 instances of resist disease, one for beast blood an one for vampiric blood, and the vampiric blood for poison resist. You can also use the ring of hircine, you can use the face sculptor in the ragged flagon (couldn't if you were a vampire before) and you still retain the necromage bonus if your speced into it. All tested and working, no problems with either transformations or interactions...it also works really well together for raiding forts (especially the ones that repopulate with imperial/stormcloak soldiers after clearing them) to Go through and kill them all with the vampire lord powers and get the perks, then go back over the dead bodies and feed on them as a werewolf to increase its perks, your also considered friendly to the WEREBEARS in Solstheim, so you can buy the other 4 rings from them. And you can continue and finish the vampire side of the dawnguard quest chain with all appropriate dialogue including the fitting comment by harkon during kindred judgment where he says "you would choose this...half breed? over your own family?" of course in reference to you not originally being a vampire lord but hey it works lol

Agentoringe

I also have video of me transforming into both, if you want to PM me a phone number il be glad to forward it to you,it's pretty funny because right after I do my werewolf transformation a random dragon attacks me >_> lol

Ivory

Let's Player
So in theory if someone wanted to do the Dawnguard side, wouldn't they have to complete Dawnguard to get Vampire Lord available? I'll be willing to test this longer way if the vampire way is indeed truly successful.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
So in theory if someone wanted to do the Dawnguard side, wouldn't they have to complete Dawnguard to get Vampire Lord available? I'll be willing to test this longer way if the vampire way is indeed truly successful.
I thought you just have to pass the soul cairn, where serana turns you into a vampire if you don't want half your soul taken.

Anyway, this is pretty cool and im going to try it.

Ivory

Let's Player
I don't think so. Serana doesn't leave that area until you make a choice. I think..? Plus doesn't only Harkon replace the VL when its cured for the vampire side until the end of the questline?

Agentoringe

I don't think so. Serana doesn't leave that area until you make a choice. I think..? Plus doesn't only Harkon replace the VL when its cured for the vampire side until the end of the questline?

No, actually after you complete red water den quest and have serana following you, she can turn you into a vampire lord at any time as far as the vampire side goes, w the dawnguard side you have to wait until the start of chasing echoes, she should still offer the choice even if you haven't gotten to the soul cairn part yet.

Agentoringe

lol and I know for a fact that the vampire side is successful, lol you just have to wait until after the prophet quest

coinop25

I used this same glitch playing on the Dawnguard side. I didn't check whether you can make Serana leave Valerica's lab once you get her there, but once you go into the Soul Cairn, you have to complete the rest of the Dawnguard quest line before she'll offer to change you again.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious

you have to get through the soul cairn first.

Agentoringe

When becoming hybrid, do you stay with the orange vampire eyes?

That depends on your last transformation, if it was werewolf you will look like a normal person, if a vampire then you will look like a vampire, however without the sunk in features, you will only have the eyes and that odd red stripe over your lips...

There is a way to get your vampire progression back. Anywhere else in game it will no longer give you the option to feed. However if you go to the Thralls in the Castle and feed on them, your vampiric powers will begin to grow again. Take care though as this will bring the tyranny of the sun back. And you will be weaker after transforming into VL. To cure this just use BF. Once you plops back sun damage is gone.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts