True dovahkiin warrior build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RoG Delta

This is my first thread, so bear with me.

I have this character, his name is Thor, and I want him to be a true dovahkiin warrior. He's a nord, uses only iron armor, steel sword, iron helmet, banded iron shield, iron gauntlets, and so on. He enchants necklaces and rings and his armor with useful enchantments such as block more damage, one handed damage, and fortify heavy armor.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated on how to make this character better or more authentic.

XboxDovahkiin

I'm guessing your going for the stereotypical dovahkiin in the trailer. If you are he wears studded armor.This is a bit hard to play because studded armor is a light armor when the rest of his armor is light. So you have to balance out the perks. It would would probably easier to go full iron but if your determined to be the dovahkiin in the trailer then pick up some studded armor. Here I'll make a picture to show you.

dovahkiin.jpg

sahqonsah

Yup that's the originall dovakhin alrite, I'd reccomend follwing all the 'letters from a friend' that you get from using shouts a lot in citys or villages. Get an amulet of talos and I'd recommend taking the stormcloak side of the civil war, a dovakhin trying to outlaw talos dosent seem right to me, just an opinion tho.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You could opt out of the civil war entirely. Supporting an egomaniacal narcissistic usurper doesn't exactly sit well either. You could simply focus on the main questline because it's more fun and challenging at lower levels and then spend the rest of the game moving from town to town helping people.

I would recommend light armor instead of heavy. Lorewise, Nords predominantly use light armor, it's why they receive the bonus to light armor. If you're okay with it, check the Skyrim wiki for more Nord lore. Understanding the Nord culture can help you in making your character more " authentic". GL!

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Limit your magic usage. Traditionally, Nords look down on mages, claiming that relying on magic instead of brute strength isn't "the Nord way."

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I would probably opt-out of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines also. Although you could use the "Destroy The Dark Brotherhood" option. The main quest is completable without touching either of these. You could opt to take the Silver-Blood side in the Forsworn Conspiracy also.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Players who RP usually restrict themselves to 1 or 2 guilds anyway. The obvious choice for this kind of Dovahkiin would be The Companions.

FreyjaFireMane

In my opinion, for a true Nord, I'd go with the traditional blonde hair, blue eyes look. Light armor, with a greatsword, or a war axe and shield. Nords aren't trusting of mages or magic, so keep spellcasting to a bare minimum. Let's see..You're not going to have a lot of love, or tolerance for thieves and cutthroats skulking around in the shadows, so the Thieves Guild, and the Brotherhood are definately out. The companions would be the best option. However. DO NOT accespt the werewolf gift. Werewolves are drawn to Hircine, and you'll be dreaming of Sovngard as a true Nord warrior would. Last but not least, no self respecting Nord would be caught dead without his/her mead. Stock up on galons of it. Hope this helps :D

TJ0331

Nords forever
There is a way to get max armor rating without smithing but i doubt you want to use a glitch so I would get my smithing really high as well as block. Enchanting will help the build a lot too.

TrollingTalos343

This is my first thread, so bear with me.

I have this character, his name is Thor, and I want him to be a true dovahkiin warrior. He's a nord, uses only iron armor, steel sword, iron helmet, banded iron shield, iron gauntlets, and so on. He enchants necklaces and rings and his armor with useful enchantments such as block more damage, one handed damage, and fortify heavy armor.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated on how to make this character better or more authentic.

Armor: Iron Helmet, Studded Armor, Iron Gauntlets, and Iron Boots.
Weapons: Banded Iron Shield, and any current level sword. (Iron to Dragon Bone). Skills: Block, Smithing (to 100 so make all armor and weapons Legendary), One-Handed, Two-Handed (Opitonal), Heavy Armor, Archery, Sneak (Optional, For Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild purposes), and Light Armor. NOTE: Need all shouts, (complete by doing side quest by shouting in cities or asking graybeards) Don't change look in character creation, MUST get smithing to 90-100 or else you will die immedietly by falmer, or a elder dragon, must be male, have Lydia or Frea as follower, and must not die against the hardest of enemies, Ancient/Legendary Dragons, Miraak, Alduin, Harkon, Ebony Warrior, Giants, Frost Giants, Frost Trolls, Spriggan Earth Mother/Matron, etc.

jarif

What is a true Dovahkiin warrior? I did not realize you had to wear heavy armor to make you feel like your taking a massive dump or to wear a skirt that shows off your pants, speaking of pants what if your sitting in a log and you get ants in your pants? Adding insult to injury, its freaking freezing, your exposing your arms, legs and maybe even your balls dude! No thank you... o_O
Just kidding :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts