Trouble Thinking of A Name....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Steve House

OK...I've already got my polls going and once they are closed..I will make a one day poll for the name of the character that you all helped me to create. Until then...I have a matter that I need help with lol. For my own personal character that I will be spending much much more time than any other of my characters...I need a name.

This particular character will be either all magic...pure warrior build or pure thief/assassin build. SO basically I'm asking for a name for each build. The character WILL be a male character. Which race..i'm not completely sure but probably Nord because I always tend to make my character's native to the province in which I'm playing in. That said...I need some suggestions for a Mage...a Warrior and a Thief/Assassin. Keep in mind that I'm the type of person who likes to have names that make sense in the game...Lore Friendly if you will. Thanks in advance ...all suggestions are welcome. Here are a couple that I've come up with so far

Storn Ice-Veins(Warrior)

Azantius Whitebeard(Mage)

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
This is a lousy one actually. I came up with Juri of Alleys. It's a russian name and I think it will suit a thief. Especially the original and imaginative "of Alleys" -part.

Me I chose Debenex because I shortened it to nex and Nex means death in Latin

So try something Latin it allways sounds cool :)

Hope it helped :D

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I'm terrible at coming up with names. Hex inspired my argonian's name, Argoham Lincoln. My orc will use Tusck. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Well, if you're going to do a barbarian, with low intelligence, what about Orc the Dork? I admit, it's a goofy one. Maybe I can up with a better one... Hocus Orcus?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's usually a good idea to find something meaningful or relevant and build your name from there. It's hard to stick with a name that just happen to sound cool. My Khajiit character's name will be Khanara the Grave Courier. The sound of her name is mostly based on a character from a webcomic. Just checked if the name fits with the lore, change it around to make it feel suitable for your character.

Steve House

Yea I mostly want serious type names...I like hex's name Khanara and Cyberote's names as well...those types of names are what I'm looking for ...I'll check out that site you posted too Cyberote..thanks everyone...if any good names come to mind..keep them coming :D

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
This is one of the hardest things for me as well as character creation..It takes me like an hour just to make my character perfect for me..But every RPG i play now i stick to it plain and simple. And i try to reflect it upon me so i chose with the name "Ricky" my name haha.

Travis

For me, I always play a mage first, so I think this go around I will go with Potestatem. Latin for power.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
This is one of the hardest things for me as well as character creation..It takes me like an hour just to make my character perfect for me..But every RPG i play now i stick to it plain and simple. And i try to reflect it upon me so i chose with the name "Ricky" my name haha.

Hmm... I haven't decided name yet. Usually I just sit for awhile, not concetrating on anything in particular. Whatever pops up in my mind, will be the name of my character. It's more spontaneous way to create, don't you agree?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
For me, I always play a mage first, so I think this go around I will go with Potestatem. Latin for power.
Sorry to interrupt but in what corner of the world did potestatem ever mean power? Are you sure you don’t actually mean “potentia” or “potestas”?

Also, “Moloch” will now probably be the name that I am definitely going to choose. After I read some lore about the Argonians’ history, culture and naming process I think that it actually fits pretty well even if it doesn’t adhere all the “laws” of their names. But whatever, my character will be extraordinary (since he’s dragonborn and stuff) so why not have his name be extraordinary as well :p ?

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
Hmm... I haven't decided name yet. Usually I just sit for awhile, not concetrating on anything in particular. Whatever pops up in my mind, will be the name of my character. It's more spontaneous way to create, don't you agree?
Yes that's also nice. But your character isn't a cool name you just randomly decided..It's you in the realm of skyrim. Your creating yourself in a 3d Universe filled with 300+ hours of gameplay. It's you so why not name it yourself right?

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
Yes that's also nice. But your character isn't a cool name you just randomly decided..It's you in the realm of skyrim. Your creating yourself in a 3d Universe filled with 300+ hours of gameplay. It's you so why not name it yourself right?
Also doesn't everyone have a little demon in them that wants to destroy or or kill everyone in a city? It's you just create your character to resemble you and play yourself:) name it your name.

Travis

Sorry to interrupt but in what corner of the world did potestatem ever mean power? Are you sure you don’t actually mean “potentia” or “potestas”?

Also, “Moloch” will now probably be the name that I am definitely going to choose. After I read some lore about the Argonians’ history, culture and naming process I think that it actually fits pretty well even if it doesn’t adhere all the “laws” of their names. But whatever, my character will be extraordinary (since he’s dragonborn and stuff) so why not have his name be extraordinary as well :p ?
Well, I just saw that online somewhere, I'm sure you are right. I don't speak latin at all :)

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well, everything you say in latin, will sound awesome anyway. Even though the meaning of the name would be pejorative. Hah, I immediatly thought about Moloch Vulgarus, when you mentioned that name. King of commoners.

Travis

True true. You could make up anything you wanted, and if it had a latin sound, it would sound sweet. Potestatem sounds latin right ;)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, if one doesn’t care whether one’s name means what one thinks it means ...
Hah, I immediatly thought about Moloch Vulgarus, when you mentioned that name. King of commoners.
Can you elucidate? I am not familiar with that term. When I use “Moloch” as a nickname I have the meaning “a merciless entity devouring everything” in mind and when using it in Skyrim I will also have the lizard “Moloch horridus” in mind.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts