PC Trouble starting the Dawnguard main quest?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Scorpio

***Dragonborn*** - sorry, typo!

I've had the DLC for a while, and I'm currently at Level 52 so it's nothing to do with that. When the cultists attacked me in Skyrim I retrieved the note and read it, but no quest was launched. I went to Solstheim anyway hoping that something would start there. Alas, nothing. After looking at the forums I've tried approaching Adril Arano but he won't give me any leads, of even mention Miraak... And when I toil at the Earth Stone Neloth never approaches me... in fact, he's not even there! I tracked him down eventually but again he would give nothing away.

I've done a few smaller quests and walked pretty much all over the island looking for quests, but i don't really seem to be coming up with much... just a few barrows, although I've managed to unearth two of those black book quest thingies.

What do you all suggest? Must I restart the DLC? If so, how?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Having wondered the Island have you come across the Temple of Miraak? try going there. If not then you probably need to find a forum (here or another one) that knows of a patch/fix. I'm sure the Moderators might know of something :)

Scorpio

***FIXED***

I uninstalled all my mods - including the Dragonborn DLC - and then re-installed them to take me back to where I was before I started it. Cultists attacked immediately and the quest line began. Now working brilliantly.

Thanks!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts