• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this helpful

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrimPanda

So you are trying to hunt for Trolls, Giants, and Mammoths.

Trolls

When you trying to find trolls I recommend searching up in snowy mountains near Dawnstar.
But now you've found one and don't know what to do! Well if you have joined The Companions you have The Beast power which is quite useful when fighting trolls. If not then use dual-flames when it gets near run away turn around and light him up.

Giants
With giants bring a horse for a fast get-away I recommend Orc-ish bow and arrows (My character being an orc) Remember sneak attacks do x2 the damage. If you are detected get on the horse ride for a while then repeat the attack process.

Mammoths

Something to remember is that mammoths can't go in a body of shoulder deep water (Shoulder deep to your character not the mammoth). I use Fire breath for this but most anything but melee works for this.

Conclusion

Now you know how to take down some of the biggest monster in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

(CC) Some rights reserved under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
CC BY-NC-SA

Creative Commons Legal Code

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
First off: I am not trying to be mean with any of what I am saying, I am simply stating my opinion of this guide and trying to offer some constructive criticism.

The guide was far too short to be any help, not enough detail, and is based on the assumption that someone is using the same build as you with the same stuff being done. I personally found troll section was the only part I can call a good start and it wasn't very good, the other sections weren't even a start and were nearly completely useless. You only proposed one tactic for each section besides the troll section, which had two very conditional tactics for what the player must have or have done. Try to offer multiple detailed tactics for each enemy for each of the three main combat-types (archer, mage, melee), and specify if one type should not be used for an enemy and why.

Another issue was it felt very choppy to read, and either unresearched or incomplete. For example with the Deadly Aim perk sneak attacks with a bow do 3x damage, but you failed to mention this, mentioning only the base 2x damage in your guide. Not to mention the lack of details on what each enemy can do and how it behaves. This led to the whole guide feeling like it was rushed, had a CC slapped on the bottom (which is high discouraged on a forums like this), and posted. Due to this incompleteness of this guide I see a new player finding himself dead if he follows your vague suggestions for the giants and mammoths, however the troll section once again shows superiority in quality over the other two sections and offers some hope of the players survival.

Suggestions for guide improvement:
  • More detail.
  • Multiple tactics for each enemy.
  • Suggested equipment.
  • Rough level estimation.
  • Enemy weaknesses and strength listings.
  • Improved spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
  • Improve the flow of the guide so it feels less choppy to read.

All in all a poorly written guide with little to offer on all but trolls, which is still a rather poor section. Please rewrite and expand upon greatly.

Can a mod please delete the double of this guide.

Thank you,

~ Squirrel_killer-

GrimPanda

First off: I am not trying to be mean with any of what I am saying, I am simply stating my opinion of this guide and trying to offer some constructive criticism.

The guide was far too short to be any help, not enough detail, and is based on the assumption that someone is using the same build as you with the same stuff being done. I personally found troll section was the only part I can call a good start and it wasn't very good, the other sections weren't even a start and were nearly completely useless. You only proposed one tactic for each section besides the troll section, which had two very conditional tactics for what the player must have or have done. Try to offer multiple detailed tactics for each enemy for each of the three main combat-types (archer, mage, melee), and specify if one type should not be used for an enemy and why.

Another issue was it felt very choppy to read, and either unresearched or incomplete. For example with the Deadly Aim perk sneak attacks with a bow do 3x damage, but you failed to mention this, mentioning only the base 2x damage in your guide. Not to mention the lack of details on what each enemy can do and how it behaves. This led to the whole guide feeling like it was rushed, had a CC slapped on the bottom (which is high discouraged on a forums like this), and posted. Due to this incompleteness of this guide I see a new player finding himself dead if he follows your vague suggestions for the giants and mammoths, however the troll section once again shows superiority in quality over the other two sections and offers some hope of the players survival.

All in all a poorly written guide with little to offer on all but trolls, which is still a rather poor section. Please rewrite and expand upon greatly.

Can a mod please delete the double of this guide.

Thank you,

~ Squirrel_killer-
I thoroughly agree and originally I thought I would have a lot of time to make this but found I only had about 10 minutes. I was planning on taking this down and re -writing it but It being 3:00 in the morning I will do it tomorrow.

And PS: I tried to delete the copy when I posted this and I cant

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
And PS: I tried to delete the copy when I posted this and I cant

Only a mod can delete a thread. That's why I asked the mods to do it rather than you. You just simply can't do it.

And here is a guide I wrote on Falmer. It talks about different ways to handle Falmer and might give an example on a few ways to improve this guide. I like to try to use other guides on similar topics before writing my own to see what I may need.

Falmer Hunting - A Guide For New Players On Taking On Those Annoying Snow Elves | Skyrim Forums

And a tip, I always write my guides in a program like MS Word. It really improves the quality with the grammar check and spell check. An amazing source to try is:

Skyrim:Skyrim - UESPWiki

That is my go to for finding those details you would otherwise never know. For example did you know giants have a 33% Magic Resistance? Make sure to check that for anything you may have missed.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts