• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
During your adventuring, you may find a piece of parchment with a sketch on it. This is a treasure map, and there are 11 to find. Each leads to a particular location where a (usually well-hidden) small treasure chest can be opened and several valuable items pocketed.

Caution:You can’t simply ignore the maps and trot off to find the treasure chests; they appear only once the map is in your possession.

Fort Neugrad Treasure Map(not numbered)

Falkreath Hold—Fort Neugrad: In the half-buried chest, on the main building rooftop (accessed via climbing up through the interior).
standalone

Fort Neugrad Treasure Map: Showing the rocky crevasse dead-end path east of the fort.
standalone

Falkreath Hold—Fort Neugrad: When you look at this map, the top of the page is east, not north. Situate yourself with this in mind, following the path around the lake and up into the crevasse.

Treasure Map I

Falkreath Hold—Bandit Camp: Ilinalta Foothills: On one of the bandits, just south of the guardian stones.

Treasure Map: Showing the settlement of Riverwood and the fallen tree.
standalone

Whiterun Hold: Inside the fallen tree, on the north bank of the river, west of Riverwood.
standalone

Treasure Map II

Winterhold Hold—Journeyman’s Nook: Inside the knapsack, close to the fire and round table
Sorry map unavailable I sold it
Treasure Map II: Showing Valtheim Towers and the river underneath.
standalone

Whiterun: Valtheim Towers, by the riverbank close to the waterfall, partly hidden by rocks on the south bank.

Treasure Map III

Eastmarch—Riverside Shack: In the chest, inside the shack.
standalone

Treasure Map III: Showing Solitude Lighthouse and the surrounding rocks.
standalone

Haafingar —Solitude Lighthouse: Below the northeast corner of the lighthouse and rocks, by the shore of the Sea of Ghosts.

Treasure Map IV

Whiterun—Redoran’s Retreat: Inside the large treasure chest close to the Bandit Chief, inside the mine.
standalone

Treasure Map IV: Showing Whiterun and the path up to the chest above the windmill.
standalone

Whiterun: The cliffs above Pelagia Farm. Follow the track around and up to the chest, half hidden by saplings.

Treasure Map V

Falkreath Hold—Angi’s Cabin: Inside the cabin, on the end table by the bed.
standalone

Treasure Map V: Showing the waterfalls of Lost Valley Redoubt.
standalone

The Reach: Just east of Gloomreach, at the very bottom of Lost Valley Redoubt, on the riverbank at the base of the waterfall. If you’ve already discovered Lost Valley Redoubt, Fast-Travel there and you’re almost at the chest.

Treasure Map VI

The Pale. Point of Interest – Dead Wood Elf. Secondary Location: A Bloody Trail. On the corpse of the female elf, among the rocky summit northwest of Volunruud. You can find a male Wood Elf close by and follow the trail of blood to her.
standalone

Treasure Map VI: Showing showing Korvanjund.
standalone

The Pale—Korvanjund. The exterior entrance, atop the barrow arch next to the gnarled tree.

Treasure Map VII

Eastmarch—Traitor’s Post: In the chest, inside the bandit hideout.
standalone

Treasure Map VII: Showing Gallows Rock, within the outer walls.
standalone

Eastmarch—Gallows Rock: Within the outer wall ruins, near the main ground-level door, under the rock with the noose.

Treasure Map VIII

Winterhold—Secondary Location: Haul of the Horkers: On the corpse of a dead hunter.
standalone

Treasure Map VIII: Showing the town of Dragon Bridge.
standalone

Haafingar Hold—Dragon Bridge: In a satchel, next to the tree across from the bridge. This satchel holds the key to the chest, if you can’t open it.
Haafingar Hold—Dragon Bridge: In a chest, in the river northeast of the bridge, underwater (Master).

Treasure Map IX

Eastmarch—Secondary Location: Lucky Lorenz’s Shack. On the corpse of Lucky Lorenz, under a fallen tree in the ruined hut on the south side of the river from the Abandoned Prison.
standalone

Treasure Map IX: Showing the waterfall and bridge with Riften signpost.
standalone

The Rift: Halfway up the cascading waterfall; drop down the waterfall from the Broken Helm Hollow entrance.

Treasure Map X

Eastmarch—Stony Creek Cave: On the corpse of the bandit wizard.
standalone

Treasure Map X: Showing the Lady Stone and Ilinalta’s Deep.
{pic not included cause of image cap}
Falkreath Hold: Lake Ilinalta, south of Ilinalta’s Deep and northeast of the Lady Stone, on the flat stone lake bottom, underwater.
Quest Conclusion

Hope the loot was worth the running around
As always if this guide helped then please like and give Reputation

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Purpleshew, You never disappoint. Tbh i didn't even know these existed. Thanks for the post!

TD250

I'm still yet to find one, do you have a picture or an example of the rewards you find? Thanks :D

Shew

They are random and Level to your level

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
But the big question my friend is, are they available to Xbox players ? The reason I ask is that I've spent many a day trying to find these chests with the maps & it seems that since a patch or two back they became unavailable to us Xbox players.

Shew

Your right they are currently glitched for XBOX next patch is supposed to fix will update main post to reflect thanks for the catch

But the big question my friend is, are they available to Xbox players ? The reason I ask is that I've spent many a day trying to find these chests with the maps & it seems that since a patch or two back they became unavailable to us Xbox players.

i play on xbox and havent had any prblems finding the maps or their treasure, unless i was unknowing of the location shown on the map :)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I find that interesting because the treasure chests haven't worked since the last patch.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
That's why you can get them. If I really wanted to I could take my Xbox offline, manually delete the patch then get the treasure chests then go back online & get the patches again.

Shew

:)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Well the Treasure Chests are finally available to Xbox players with the 1.4 Patch as I just found the Treasure at Riverwood from Treasure Map 1.

Shew

Sweet:)

Shew

Thank you for your recent likes and reputation points.

Shew

Bump... :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts