• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I been workin my way thru Dawnguard , this time at my own pace , much slower then normal . I keep runnin into this some kind of wannabe Vampire called the Traveler in the different holds . Where did this hooded wonder come from LOL He really has no power that I can tell . Im playin on Expert lvl at lvl 65 . Reason for this post ..... I have been at this game a long time and have never ever run into this , hit man sent from Serana's father , and was wondering if anyone else has been hunted by this certain Vamp ?? Thanks , any input would be apprreciated .

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Just a random encounter dude.
Are you sided with the vamps or the hunters?
Fyi. Iv heard he makes an awesome thrall if your in2 that kinda thing

Just a random encounter dude.
Are you sided with the vamps or the hunters?
Fyi. Iv heard he makes an awesome thrall if your in2 that kinda thing

I love hunting Vampires , always side with the Dawnguard . First time I saw him was in riften , He showed up with a Gargoyle and the whole market place stomped the Holy Vampire crap out of them LOL Man I was like right on , like ten NPC's in the beat down :eek: I loved it . Since then he has attacked me solo in , Markarth 1 time , and in Solitude 3 times . I'm being stalked but it , is a really fun and breaks up the boredom when it happens . When I loot him I get a cheap 3 gold black robe , Vamp boots and , some real wicked looking 25 gold gloves with fingers that look like really sharp points on all digits , both hands . and yer regular Vamp dust . Today I spotted him in Riften across the Market place , and stuck an arrow right in his face . I was thinkin mabye they ran a new patch that slipped by me ?? Any way thanks Irish for your responce , really appriciate it .

Wildroses

Some more general information: He's a random encounter which only happens on roads and in cities. It's also possible to outrun him if you don't feel like fighting him. Once the Dawnguard questline is over I believe he is supposed to stop appearing. Pity, I quite like him.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Oh... another source for vampire gauntlets. I should start looting him apparently.

LotusEater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Oh... another source for vampire gauntlets. I should start looting him apparently.

If your after vampire gauntlets and (im assuming) your with the dawnguard, volkihor castle spawns 2sets of them every 10days. Its been ages since I done the dawnguard faction missions but im pretty sure volkihor castle remains open once you clear out all the vamps at the end...

LotusEater

If your after vampire gauntlets and (im assuming) your with the dawnguard, volkihor castle spawns 2sets of them every 10days. Its been ages since I done the dawnguard faction missions but im pretty sure volkihor castle remains open once you clear out all the vamps at the end...

Ya. But it's pita to get there. Hounds respawn too. I see that guy a lot so it will save me a trip. I don't use them very often lately. Been playing a lot of mage builds.

LotusEater

I have yet to run into the traveler on this character build and I am on level 62

You may have and not realized it. He isn't always openly hostile. I've had him walk up and walk away before.

Bulldog

No, I'm 99.9% positive I haven't seen him this time. He is pretty easy to tell apart from the normal crowd you see in the cities.

Unless I just turned blind or something.

Who is the traveler? I've been through it 1/2 a dozen times and I've yet to run in to him/her. Is there something distinctive that I should look for?

He is dressed in a black robe with hood . He just seems to hang out in places near your residence ( like P.S.M. in Solitude) just stands in one place , not moving until you go past him , then he attacks , and some times he use a Gargoyle . In Markarth , he would stand just around the corner from the Silver Blood Inn , ( like if you were trying to go to the Blacksmith ), from the front gate he would try ambush just around the corner. He really stands out , but you have make sure at times your not looking at say a Court Mage , that are in all the main holds .

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Who is the traveler? I've been through it 1/2 a dozen times and I've yet to run in to him/her. Is there something distinctive that I should look for?

He is dressed in a black robe with hood . He just seems to hang out in places near your residence ( like P.S.M. in Solitude) just stands in one place , not moving until you go past him , then he attacks , and some times he use a Gargoyle . In Markarth , he would stand just around the corner from the Silver Blood Inn , ( like if you were trying to go to the Blacksmith ), from the front gate he would try ambush just around the corner. He really stands out , but you have make sure at times your not looking at say a Court Mage , that are in all the main holds .
Never run in to him. How far along do you need to be in DG before he shows up?

Never run in to him. How far along do you need to be in DG before he shows up?

He showed up when I was taking my time going thru Dawnguard . I was LvL 65 , and had gone right up to the Forgotten Vale Quest. I had taken about 5 in game days and just stopped the quest line to do other things . Then The Traveler first showed up in Riften and attacked me . After that he stalked me from then on , till I completed up the whole Quest Line . He jumped me in Riften , but after that I was watching for him , killed him estimated probley 7 times . He's very easy to kill on Expert lvl , He only wears cloth so one swat and he's DEAD .

LotusEater

Maybe that is why I haven't seen him this go around. I have started the dawnguard yet.

Ya, even with Dawnguard running you may not run in to him unless you deviate from the questline as the questline itself doesn't really send you to any cities unless you do some side quests. I often leave Dawnguard hanging so that would explain why I see him so much. I've gotten to where I kind of enjoy the vampire attacks. More chaos the better. :)

On a sidenote, I happened across a Vampire Mistwalker the other night just running down the road up around Sarthaal. She wasn't hostile and I couldn't open dialogue with her but she was still polite. She was trucking north towards the north shore underneath the College and I had to stop following her because she was leading me in the wrong direction and I had important business in Riften. Killed a couple horkers and a cave bear with her though. Heh. Wish I knew where she was heading. Should have followed her.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Maybe that is why I haven't seen him this go around. I have started the dawnguard yet.

Ya, even with Dawnguard running you may not run in to him unless you deviate from the questline as the questline itself doesn't really send you to any cities unless you do some side quests. I often leave Dawnguard hanging so that would explain why I see him so much. I've gotten to where I kind of enjoy the vampire attacks. More chaos the better. :)

On a sidenote, I happened across a Vampire Mistwalker the other night just running down the road up around Sarthaal. She wasn't hostile and I couldn't open dialogue with her but she was still polite. She was trucking north towards the north shore underneath the College and I had to stop following her because she was leading me in the wrong direction and I had important business in Riften. Killed a couple horkers and a cave bear with her though. Heh. Wish I knew where she was heading. Should have followed her.

You have to be sided with dawnguard 2. Not the volkihars.

you so shoulda followed her Lotus! Iv followed a friendly bandit maurader for a while once down below falkreath, killing bears and wolves together for awile. We made it to the orc majority bandit hideout (the same cave i killed boethiahs champ) and as soon as the orcs started shootinig arrows at me, the maurader tunred hostile towards me! Cheeky bugger led me into a trap.

that was the last trap any of them ever sprung on any1...

Annageckos

I ran into him the other day for the the first time in Solitude. I was actually doing the quest looking fro the traveling pilgrim. I thought maybe he was the pilgrim I was looking for so I tried to talk to him, and he attacked and summonsed a gargoyle. A bunch of guards jumped in and he was dead in no time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts