• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I'm sure most are in the know and that I'm sadly behind the times, but I have today discovered that the land of Cyrodiil is present beyond the southern mountains of Skyrim, and that it's possible to go there! But is there more to this than simple PC sorcery which allows one to fly over a mountain to the land on the other side? I've seen that the capital city is there in some form, but why? Is there an impending DLC that will allow us to travel there in-game? Traveling to Cyrodiil is certainly not possible within the framework of the game at present. Is it?

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I remember when I found the gate at the border near Falkreath; I got got all excited that perhaps there was a quest or something that allowed me to pass beyond the gate and into Cyrodiil, but, alas, no.

I dabbled in some of that "PC sorcery" that you speak of, and floated through that gate and into the increasingly formless grey land beyond. Apparently the map of those lands is there (sort of) but there's no real intended way of getting there. LINK to story about this.

Morgan

The only reason there's any textures there is so the map looks complete when zoomed all the way out. There's no content at all. You're not missing out.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I once got lost around the Rift, walked through some gate. Ended up in a glitched out zone, opened my map and I wasn't in Skyrim but Morrowind.

I always assumed you couldn't walk through them, so either my game is glitched on all my characters. Or there was a patch/dlc that removed the invisible wall.

AS88

Staff member
I once got lost around the Rift, walked through some gate. Ended up in a glitched out zone, opened my map and I wasn't in Skyrim but Morrowind.

I always assumed you couldn't walk through them, so either my game is glitched on all my characters. Or there was a patch/dlc that removed the invisible wall.

I managed to get through that one on PS3, too

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Could either of you tell me the approximate location of this gate? I would like to see if I can get through, even knowing that there's nothing of importance on the other side.

AS88

Staff member
Head to the cave entrance where you enter the Fort Dawnguard vale, but keep heading east on the road. Don't go up the hill towards Forelhost, just follow the main road you're on.

khazan99

Head to the cave entrance where you enter the Fort Dawnguard vale, but keep heading east on the road. Don't go up the hill towards Forelhost, just follow the main road you're on.

Agreed ^

And there are 2 other gates as well:

One is just beyond Falkreath; follow the road from Falkreath up the hill toward Haldir's Cairn, and then just keep going. The road ends at the gate.

A less obvious gate is past Fort Neugard, up in the snowy mountains along the road to Southfringe Sanctum. I found it once whilst stumbling around completely lost up there.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Sadly, none of them will allow me to pass. I've even tried riding a horse over some of the mountain barriers, still to no avail.

khazan99

Sadly, none of them will allow me to pass. I've even tried riding a horse over some of the mountain barriers, still to no avail.

Yes, you're right, even climbing about on the mountainsides leads to the "You may not go that way" message popping up. I was only ever able to pass by using the no clip mode.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts