Quest Trapped in Morthal Jail

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bridgetann1295

I joined the dark brother hood and I was sent to kill someone in Morthal. I did, and guards came after me. I decided to let them jail me thinking I could just sleep until my sentence was over. Well I was wrong. Every time I try the game says "you cannot sleep while guards are trying to pursue you." Which doesn't makes sense because here I am standing in jail already persued. I don't even think guards are around me because I've been using my magic to get their attention and no one is coming over to me. Is there anything I can do?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
You have a few options. Enter sneak mode until you are hidden, that should remove the guard pursue status from you and allow you to sneak. If that doesn't work, then there should be a dead body or something in your cell that will give you one lockpick which will let you pick your way through the grate in the floor/the cell door and get out. Make sure to save before attempting to pick the lock just in case. If neither of these things work for your case, your best bet is to load back to before you were arrested if you are able.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
You have a few options. Enter sneak mode until you are hidden, that should remove the guard pursue status from you and allow you to sneak. If that doesn't work, then there should be a dead body or something in your cell that will give you one lockpick which will let you pick your way through the grate in the floor/the cell door and get out. Make sure to save before attempting to pick the lock just in case. If neither of these things work for your case, your best bet is to load back to before you were arrested if you are able.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts