Toughest Fight (That you survived)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I once killed (and this is no lie) Two Dragons with a Band of Bandits smacking on me with no Follower as well as having my Girlfriend sticking her foot in my face trying to distract me. No Lie. I'm good like that.

*Breathes on his nails and polishes them on his shirt* :rale:

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
When I went with Mercer Fray to find Karliah. Those 12 Draugr Deathlords took me 11 tries to beat.

Morgan

Playing my dual-wielding dervish, and had a radiant mission to kill a giant. Pretty normal. I attacked the giant, but it was night and I hadn't noticed that there were two giants sitting there. So suddently I'm fighting both. Then two mammoths joined in (I had seen the mammoths but they were far away from the original giant. The second giant must have chain-pulled them). At this point I sort of resigned myself to reloading from a quicksave, but figured I'd give it my all just to see how far I got.

Now, this is the unbelievable part, but I promise it's true. Fast traveling to the camp must have spawned a dragon, but I never noticed until suddenly, amidst the giants and mammoths, I'm also being hit by frost-breath. Obviously it's impossible to switch to bow and shoot at the dragon as long as the giants and mammoths are alive, so I'm running around like crazy trying to focus on at least one of the things while avoiding the other four. Three wolves have joined in too. Not that they were dangerous at all, but they did contribute three extra red dots so I have no idea where anything was.

I actually managed to come through that fight without having to reload. Entirely with William Wallace style strike-hard-then-run-like-hell tactics. I only got hit a couple times (not counting dragon breath) but each took me ALMOST to dead. I didn't have enough potions to handle a third hit, so that would have been the end.

I'm only playing on Expert, but my hardest fight was against that lightning mage underneath the Honningbrew Meadery. I died like 5 times to him and his attacks would take me out so fast. He would also 1-hit my spellbreaker's ward.

Metal-Maniac

Those freakin dremoras inside Azura's star... Well the first time that is... I was so unprepared, they where harder than any dragon priest or Alduin himself.
Next time I went in with a level 40-ish mage and zapped their butts off :D

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Krosis and A Dragon simultaneously with my useless at that time lvl 11 `soon to be assassin`. (And I hadn't a clue what I was letting her in for). I also haven't a clue how I managed it. Basically just running in circles around the word wall, casting fast heal lots, shooting arrows until I ran out, then sprinting up, one soft hit with a sword, then running away again. It took my full inventory of potions (which was quite a few at the time), and took forever IRL...

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Toughest fight I've survived (never had to restart) was the final battle with Alduin against my Nord tank. Even with 70% frost resistance and 50% fire resistance, one puff of breath from him would leave me with 1/4 health. The fight that I died the most in was against that tough fire mage in Morvunskar while going after sanguine's rose. I was around level 15 at the time.....horrid experience.

leee242

Proventus wanted me to kill a giant at Bleakwind Basin. I thought, "Great. One of those things that sends me to the moon. Wonderful." So I got in a sneak arrow and the giant starts the chase. I run like a maniac back to Whiterun only pausing to keep him following me. Figured some of the guards would help me. Right before the giant sends me into orbit I ran into a small alcove. The giant couldn't get in and stood at the entry while I finished him off with arrows. But no Quest Completed message. Huh?? Finally, I realized I killed the wrong one. !!!! Had to go back and do it all over again. This time I ran right to the alcove.
Lydia insisted on a cruise vacation after it was all over.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
First time I killed Mercer Frey, I used fus ro dah and my arrows, which staggered him. He didn't touch me once. That wasn't very challenging. But a post about Mercer reminded me of that. XD

david_b

Ok so I was going to sovengod (I think that's how u spell it) I was being attacked by two dragons and this guy blocking the way to sovengod I trout died like 30 times then just ran into the portal w/skilling anyone but a couple of skeletons :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Train

Is that all you got?!
Toughest fight I've ever had was the one I just finished not 30 minutes ago. I don't know if anyone's done the East Empire side quest that you get from the docks in Windhelm, but it's hard, especially at the level I'm at. Some of the pirates are easy, others are equivalent or tougher than bandit marauders. Keep in mind I have a rule about ever taking the difficulty off Master, so I had to get super creative just to survive...lots of loading screens, so maybe, technically I didn't survive, but I did complete the quest.

Oh, and the Imperial captain isn't much help, she just stands there waiting for you letting the pirates beat on her like a drum...then they come after you. :eek:

Probably either Alduin or an elder dragon.

Sovngarde, but who's counting, it's supposed to be Valhalla anyway...

Soooo...ancient dragons aren't hard at all? :p
Excuse my noobness, but...

WTF is an Ancient Dragon? :confused:

Level 50? Crap?

Health points:...

3,071?!

*spits tea*

I'm so f***fed.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Yeah, have fun with that, people say dragons are easy to kill, I say they haven't met an ancient...

IpmaN

When I went with Mercer Fray to find Karliah. Those 12 Draugr Deathlords took me 11 tries to beat.

This is also one of my toughest fight and I just did it last night. I tried it like 5 times and was like OhmyGod! my arrows are like a pingpong balls to them! :eek: Even Mercer can't handle them!

ba1onypony

im not sure it was the toughest but when i was at the place to forge my amulet and you have too fight the three different spirits or whatever the hell they are and that god awful shout that strips you of your equipped weapon, i lost a bad ass enchanted axe.

Why didn't you just look around for your axe? Its just relentless force shout. It will knock it into the back of the room or something.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Saarthal fight with a draugr death overlord where he jumps out on a platform above you with stairs leading up both sides he killed me over and over but in the end....I decided to land a hit then run up one side then back down the other side, he followed and I waited for him landed another hit and ran again lol 30 mins later I continued on my way the victor, feeling very proud of myself.

However this fight is the reason I ended up on these forums since afterwards I scampered off in a hurry and failed to notice I was missing Lydia, I've been back she's not there, lost forever *sigh* I still miss you Lydia x

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts