Toughest Fight (That you survived)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
before i knew giants were ALOT harder to kill than dragons i ran into a dragon fighting a giant. thought no worries, giant can help me kill the dragon and ill take care of him after. kill the dragon no worries, i take a little bit of health damage cos i got too close to his tale.

lydias back firing arrows, i wield a 2 handed sword, usual tactic of block till they attack, then counter when the stagger. run upto the giant, block enabled. BOOM over 3 quarters of my health gone. fluff. that.

Used Whirlwind Sprint and ran a big ass circle until Lydia took the giant down with arrows. at one point i turned around and used Unrelenting Force but the Giant ran straight through it haha. funny to think my big fearless Nord warrior running away dodging giant attacks haha

thecelticlatino

My Breton Emile recently took on an ice troll and a frost dragon at the same time. It was not easy since I had no companions and he relies on bound weapons. Fortunately the dragon's frost breath hurt the troll. I took out the troll first (tough but doable) and the dragon was pretty easy. But together...yeah. He also took on a tough dragon early level that knocked him off a waterfall and didn't seem to want to come to the ground (he uses bound weapons so ranged magic/archery is not for him). Once the dragon decided to come down it was the worst decision (for the beast...that is).

My Argonian's toughest fight was The Caller (Winterhold dungeon). Since he generally wields a dagger and doesn't specialize in healing/restorative magic it was a damn tough fight since she kept spamming atronachs. Took a LOT of reloads but eventually brought her down. Had to suck up my roleplaying by having him use an orcish axe to take out the hostiles. Very satisfying once she died.

My Nord's toughest fight would probably be the Alik'r warriors she fought early on. Eight men versus a lone, light armored, low level barbarian woman? Not an easy fight but she took 'em out. After a few reloads of course, several including cutscenes of her getting owned Assassin's Creed style. Now though most human enemies would be lucky if they SCRATCHED her and survive a single hit (and I'm not playing on Easy).

Kimbomynizzo

During the Silenced Tongues quest in Voluunrun, you fight Tongue Chief Knevel who hits like a mo*uckin truck with his 2 1handers and an array of Unrelenting Force shouts. Took me 5 tries at lvl22 as a Redguard 1hand/Resto Crusader. Couldnt outheal his damage output without popping expensive scrolls/potions.

thraashman

The toughest fight I had was the Draugr Death Overlord in Volskygge.
I ran into one of those too (in fact I think it was that same one). But seeing as how this is a "that you survived" thread, I can't mention that one. He killed me in one shot and I chose to come back to that later. Later has not yet arrived.

My toughest fight that I survived actually took me like 10 tries to win. The final fight associated with the Daedra quest for Meridia. The guy has several shades, hits with an area affect magic that if hit me directly would one shot me, and would freaking heal himself whenever he got to about 20% health. I finally had to work him to near that 20% mark, use my Fire Breath Shout as it stunned him for about a second, then charge in and wail on him with my sword ... he then turns into his own shade and killed me in shade form. Luckily I was quicksaving incrementally through the fight and was able to do it again but this time beat the shade form too.

brandon

at level 17 trying to get my one handed skill up fighting wolves around whiterun. i ran into a lone kajit named somethin or other. dude aint wearing any armor and raises his dukes like he wants to brawl. i said bring it pulled out my exquisite steel warhammer and before i can pound his face in the dirt he freaking did a sweet ass screen shot of him punching me in the face and i died in the first two punches freaking bullsh@t

Garrison

Doesn't really qualify, but I ran to meet a couple of bandits in a room and tripped the big spiked door trap... Killed me instantly. I reloaded, and approached the room slowly... and the two bandits ran out to get me... and tripped their own big spiked door trap, killing them both instantly! HAHAHA!!

Dyspareunia

*bit of a spoiler here*

My game has been bugging a lot, anyway, I've had to do the fight for Whiterun a few times now.

This time I just ran a head of everyone during the speech, and soloed the whole friggin town. I think I killed 30 guards!

It was pretty rough there for a bit, but I kept a level up at my disposal knowing it would fill my health bar when I needed it :D

Stone

Retired Moderator
I actually think the toughest fight I've ever had was at the end quest of the College of Winterhold, where you * SLIGHT SPOILER * have to kill that mage which summons those storm atronach things and hits you with fireballs. Took me like 10 tries, bearing in mind I was lower than level 10 at the time. :p

vegeboy123

my toughest fight was last night just walking outside of wightrun and a elder dragon appears i fought for my life running round the dragon and pounding it with my greatsword it finaly died and i had a very little health left

Ypa

I've probably had harder fights, **semi-spoiler** but the most recent in memory was the Morokei guy near the end of the College of Winterhold chain. Compared to him, Ancano was a walk in the park.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I've probably had harder fights, **semi-spoiler** but the most recent in memory was the Morokei guy near the end of the College of Winterhold chain. Compared to him, Ancano was a walk in the park.
Yup, exactly what I said, Morokei was so hard.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
My first Blood Dragon was a pain in the ass, I was near Steamscorch Mine gathering Machalite and he just dropped down right infront of me and started searing me with his fire breath, me being a Nord ran back a bit because the fire hurt.

He was just a pain to be honest, he flew up at the right times and did a few fire flybys and was a pain.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Now that you remind me of Dragon Priests, I ran into Krosis at Lv13 or so when I fast traveled to Shearpoint. Killed the Dragon but ran my ass away from Krosis, that's probably the toughest fight I've had.
Exactly the same as me, I'm level 44 and still haven't killed Krosis LOL!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Exactly the same as me, I'm level 44 and still haven't killed Krosis LOL!

I killed him last night finally when I forged my Glass Daggers and upgraded my Shrouded Armor, his Mask is pretty amazing. 20% Bonus to Archery, Alchemy and Lockpicking.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I killed him last night finally when I forged my Glass Daggers and upgraded my Shrouded Armor, his Mask is pretty amazing. 20% Bonus to Archery, Alchemy and Lockpicking.
Hm.. I'll try killing him soon.

Dragon priest on a mountain near a word of power, damn thing was blasting me with fireballs. I had to hide behind a rock and shoot arrows at him D: Damn my nord and his weakness to fire D:
Believe his name was Krosis

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Fighting the Dragon Preist Morokei for the Staff of Magnus!! hands down the hardest one yet.

2 shot lighting bolts- AHHHHH!
I'll have to say that was one of my more difficult encounters, had to reload I don't know how many times. Krosis was a bit harsh as well, but by the time I fought him I was a bit more geared for it. As far as the hardest, I'll have to say the following was by far the most difficult encounter to date:

Randomly wondering about the world and I spot a dragon, so I says to myself, "Self, go kill that dragon!". Little did I know when I came over the cliff that dragon was joined by two Giants and three Mammoths. Thinking I would just wait it out and clean up the leftovers, another Dragon lands right behind me! So, as soon as I dismounted my horse (Shadowmere) the stupid thing goes after the effin giants/mammoths! Needless to say the horse died almost instantly and all the focus was on me, who had somehow backed into the middle of everything. Two dragons, two Giants and thee mammoths later (about 45 minutes) I realized that I had lost Shadowmere for good, and had to reload. By far the most epic fight I've been in, hands down.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts