• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
If we are talking about “classical” RPGs:

1. The Witcher 2
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
3. The Witcher
4. Final Fantasy VII
5. Divine Divinity

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
If you enjoyed the first installment then I am sure that you could like the sequel as well. I also recommend “Divine Divinity” which is basically like Diablo and very similar as far as I can tell without ever having played Diablo (and only judging by gameplay videos). It has a great story first and foremost but the other gameplay features are also fine.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I haven't played enough classic RPG to make a comprehensive list. I'll definitely check them out

Tusck

If you enjoyed the first installment then I am sure that you could like the sequel as well. I also recommend “Divine Divinity” which is basically like Diablo and very similar as far as I can tell without ever having played Diablo (and only judging by gameplay videos). It has a great story first and foremost but the other gameplay features are also fine.

I think I played a bit of the newest Divine Divinity, but did go very far. Also, I think I may be in the minority on this one, but I hated Witcher 2. Dragon Age and Mass Effect could easy go in a top 5 list as well, but I think they need to age a bit more.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
The newest “Divine Divinity” sucks balls from what I have seen. Try the original, it should be right up your alley since you put Diablo in your list.

Oh and why did you hate TW2?

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Witcher 2 by far. It's a totally immersive game aimed for mature gamers. Amazing story, characters, gameplay, and not to mention the awesome updates and free DLC by the developers for free.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yup, CDPR is probably the most awesome and customer-friendly “big” developer out there. They don’t fuck us over with any DRM bullplops either.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
1. Fallout 2
2. Baldur's Gate 2
3. Planescape: torment
4. Final Fantasy VII
5. System Shock 2

I feel like an ancient relic! Am I only one who has played these games when they were still fresh.

Runner ups: Deus Ex: HR, Adom/Nethack, UO, and Secret of Mana 3,
edit: Witcher 2, Ultima IV

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, I played “Final Fantasy VII” in 2000, two years after its release here, does that count?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well, I played “Final Fantasy VII” in 2000, two years after its release here, does that count?

*Spock detected huge failage in Skyrimforum sector*

No, it does not! Blasphemy! Your nerd skills just lowered by 100 pts.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, sorry for not playing “classic” RPGs at an earlier age than 8 :p

Flamingtaco

1.KOTOR(first real rpg I ever played on pc)
2.Windwaker(not technically an rpg, but has rpg elements and may be my favorite game ever)
3.Oblivion
4.Crisis CORE FF7
5. I'm actually having trouble thinking of this. I never used to be much of an rpg guy and I don't own many. AC Brotherhood and Twilight Princess have rpg elements and deserve mention because i love those games.

So I was curious what you think you top 5 RPGs would be. Here is my list:

1. Baldur's Gate 2
2. Diablo 2
3. KOTOR
4. Morrowind
5. NWN

honorable mention: Planescape: Torment and Shadowbane.

Respect for the BG2 place, i loved this game so freaking much its not funny. literally got Bodhi tattooed on my arm as a forearm piece haha. Nostalgia so much from it.

Flamingtaco

The newest “Divine Divinity” sucks balls from what I have seen. Try the original, it should be right up your alley since you put Diablo in your list.

Oh and why did you hate TW2?
Divinity 2 is a completely different game. Its somewhat of a dragon age clone. I actually enjoyed the demo of it but its nothing fantastic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts