To Oblivion or not to Oblivion...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aniratak

It cannot! Seriously! I hear people talking about this everywhere but thats just nonsence! They made a HUGE profit from Skyrim. And around 86 % of copys of the game that was bought was for consolles. Only 14 % was for PC. And ESO is for PC only. They wont leave the rest of us in the dark. Everyone loves a great singleplayer game with super grapics and so on.. And as far as I know thats not possible with online games. I also believe that online games has a different targeting group. There may be people who love both online and singleplayer games, but the group that only likes singleplayer-games is way to huge to be left in the dark! I wont buy TESO, sorry but thats just me. If they are not making another TES they are just being silly. They made millions of dollar in profit from Skyrim. If they have a chance to make big bucks, I bet they will continue with the series. Check out the link below:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

Well I pray everyday, haha. I honestly wish they'd make TESO or some spin off for consoles. The new consoles coming out have more than enough power to run these MMO's. I had such a blast playing Everquest Online Adventures for PS2 with my controller and a USB keyboard.

Aniratak

If that happens then I hope they make it so you can choose to play online or single player. I am a full time student with a part time job and I will not nearly have enough time to play an online game. I'd like to do things in my own time. And with the best grapic as they possably can get. Not with lower graphics because an online game couldn't handle better. But we haven't learned half of what the future will bring when it comes to game development.

Well considering I play Skyrim on PC on the highest settings possible and the PS4, for example, is more than twice my computer I don't see how they can't figure out a console MMO. But you're right, that's what makes TES such a great game is you can pick it up and put it down when you want and you can always accomplish something. Not wait in line in a guild to run a dungeon 100 times for a set of gear, not mentioning any names ;)

Aniratak

Haha! I totally agree! I was struggeling to find words for how I feel about TES being online, but you said it! By making it online they remove the parts of the game that I love the most! Pleease Bethesda! Make another TES. (And hopefully soon and not online). Right now I wish I was in one of the writers heads..

Aniratak

Or perhaps they'll "invent" another way of playing online games thats not all about forming guilds or raiding dungeons together or taking over each others land. But simply playing the game like you would in Skyrim, but with a much bigger world and with the possibility to meet and interact with other online players.. In addition to the NPC. I don't know how that would play out though.. I can't really picture it being any good either..

And the Dwermer history - YES. I think the Dwermer ruins was the most exciting thing in Skyrim. And the most scary!

That would be great, they'd have to change the combat mechanics for multiplayer though, it'd have to be auto attacks and button mashing unfortunately.

I just love everything about their cities and they're machines.

Aniratak

Auto attacks are no good... I love the way you have to do things manually. So that would not work out for me I guess. But you never know what the future brings. Markarth is a cool city by the way.. But I don't like all the trouble over there. It's a bit depressing. It would be fun to se the prime time of Markarth with the Dwemers walking around! Or... A fun idea: The return of the Dwemers claiming their city(s) back!

I don't like Markarth at all, it's like living in Compton.

Well according to lore they just all disappeared. But I would honestly like to live back in that era during their golden years before all the s went down. Or maybe during the Breton creation, as they're half elf and half human. I hope they do Khajiit's last, if I really wanted to see a skooma addicted feline everyday I'd just give my girlfriend's cat some catnip :p

Aniratak

I don't like Markarth at all, it's like living in Compton.

Well according to lore they just all disappeared. But I would honestly like to live back in that era during their golden years before all the s went down. Or maybe the during the Breton creation, as they're half elf and half human. I hope they do Khajiit's last, if I really wanted to see a skooma addicted feline everyday I'd just give my girlfriends cat catnip :p

Do Khajiit live in desert-ish land? If thats so, I would love it if the next game took place (partially) there! I think they would make an awesome desert-elderscroll feel to it!

It's a badlands, yes. Desert with some green areas, but if that were the next region type for TES I'd rather it be Hammerfell for the Redguards.

Aniratak

Sorry if I'm draging this thread out a bit but I'm just very curious: Do you know what sort of land Hammerfell is? Skyrim like? Cyrodill like?

Yeah. There's a thread for what everyone thinks will be next. A lot of people have basically said Dwemer or something desert-like. I want a new Fallout!

Aniratak

I've never played Fallout! How would you compare it to Skyrim? When it comes to gameplay and the open world?Would you recomend it? I'm no shootergame-fan

Fallout is TES in a different time period. It's the same graphic and game engine as TES, as they're both made by Bethesda, just with guns, but there are melee weapons. My main character was melee spec'd with a mechanical sledge hammer. You can feel TES in it while you play. You level up skills and it's the same size world. Same quest style with the main quest and many side quests with many DLC's. I think Fallout 3 is way better than New Vegas but they both have their pros and cons. If you play either of them buy them from GameStop or a Best Buy instead of the console marketplace. Because you can buy the game of the year addition of each that includes all the addons for the same price the console sells just the base game.

They're suppose to be making a Fallout Online too so I don't know how they're going to run two MMO's of the same caliber at the same time.

Aniratak

Is fallout 3 the latest in the series? The one from 2008? I have it here on Xbox live for only 9 euro

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts