• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So the Delphine Blade chick wanted me to kill Parthanaax but I like the dragon and decided to spare his life. Personally, I cannot stand the Blades especially Delphine and she does not give you anything really special in the game that I already have or can get on my own. I do wish there was a way to kill Delphine she was my least favorite character in the game next to the Thalmore and Elisif the Fair.

sticky runes

I don't like killing Paarthurnax, but I do like inducting people into the Blades.

The way I play it out with some of my characters is if I find that dragons are being too much of a menace - if they are attacking villages and killing NPCs whom i care about, then I will decide that Skyrim needs more dragon slayers to protect the land and its people and so I'll kill Paarthurnax and join up with the Blades full time.

I let him live for now as I really cannot stand Delphine. Not sure now if I can even kill him later on as I heard he is an unkillable NPC if you let him live.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
If you want to join the Blades AND let Papathurnax live, you should speak to Delphine once you first come across Alduin's wall. That will trigger the quest. The Elder Knowledge is where you read TES at the time-wound, if im not mistaken. You can trigger Blades between those two. You MUST NOT read the scroll before you talk to Delphine, or else you have to kill Pathur.

But i guess its too late now.

JoeReese

I did elder scroll quest after speaking with Delphine and Alduins wall and joined the blades so was able to avoid killing Paarthanax. Parthie is just too sweet and cool to kill.

sticky runes

They should have at least come up with an option where we can refuse to kill Paarthurnax and still work with the Blades, so Delphine says something like "fine, we'll spare him, but Paarthurnax will have to answer for what he's done some day."
Even if its just for fanboy reasons.

We get to create a truce between the Stormcloaks and Imperials, so surely we should able to get Delphine and Esbern to leave Paarthurnax alone.

Lurknir

There's only one hell, the one we live in now.
Hell no! Refuse them, or if you're on PC, get a mod to make Delphine and Esbern no longer essential and kick their asses!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I only once killed him in order to form a party of dragon hunters, I was entirely unaware that you could still do this without killing him. The problem with hunting dragons with your Blades party is that you need to wait on Esbern to find a new dragon to send you to... frustrating!

Latest posts