1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

To kill a Dovahkiin

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Chef Umaril, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Chef Umaril

Chef Umaril Active Member

I suppose that would depend both on how much of Miraak's soul was absorbed, as well as how badly corrupted the Dragonborn becomes.

2. The Phantom

The Phantom Consulting Criminal

When a dragon dies, and the soul is absorbed by a dragonborn, no mere portion survives. The entire soul is devoured by the Dragonborn. If a dragon's soul has been consumed by a Dragonborn (Or theoretically another dragon), it is gone, adding to the power of the devourer and meaning they can not return in any form. The reason the Dragonborn is considered the ultimate dragonslayer by the Blades is due to that fact. If a mortal kills a dragon, Alduin can simply revive the dragon, or if given sufficient time, it can reform itself. However, if another Dragon or Dragonborn steals said soul, the dragon is gone forever. The same principal applies to Dragonborn, they are merely human bodies with the souls of Dragons. Miraak was fully absorbed into the Last Dragonborn after his defeat atop the Summit of Apocrypha, he's deader than dead, never coming back, and his power along with all he stole from other dragons was taken by our hero. I hope this helps.

Also, I hope you will forgive my intrusion into the thread, I'm just quite interested in it and enjoy the Elder Scrolls' lore.

3. Chef Umaril

Well, there goes that plan. But, the input is appreciated nonetheless. I suppose I could go back to the original plan of the Dragonborn being of loose morals, and becoming corrupted after the battle with Miraak.

4. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Sexy Beast

Or... he was good but after defeating his final foe Mirraak and Ebony Warrior... He just got tired.

And in his tired of the the crapsack world he decides to do something about it. Keeps the Dragonborn sympathetic, interesting and all. While making him need to be stopped and an antagonist.

5. Chef Umaril

That makes a disturbing amount of sense.

6. Chef Umaril

Update: I'm going with Skies' suggestion of the Dragonborn getting tired with the people in the world, and deciding to change it. In this, he creates a cult with the power of his voice, and uses them to run out both the empire and thalmor, then kills Ulfric to demoralize the stormcloaks. As far as powers/abilities, he is a full-power werewolf, and has completed the Daedric quests for Hircine (the ring), Molag Bal, and Peyrite. Other than those artifacts, he wears dragonbone plate armor, with enchantments I will reveal within the rp.

The players are hired by the last remnants of Stormcloaks, gathered by Galmar, and must seek out artifacts that were left behind by the dragon war, from both the priests and heroes of Sovngard.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chef Umaril

Update 2: the recruitment thread is now up in the inns and pubs, join while you still have some fight left in you!

8. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Sexy Beast

Hmmm I noticed that. Do we just make a post? or do we need character cards?

9. Chef Umaril

Both, just put the character card in with your post.

10. TheDreamersverse

TheDreamersverse Brit Fahiil Vahdin

How do I make a character card? I would like to join this RP