1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

To kill a Dovahkiin

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Chef Umaril, Mar 10, 2014.

1. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff Member

The last chosen hero of Akatosh as well as the savior and champion of humanity would've fallen for greed long before if that was his motive (In my eyes, anyways). He's going to need to go through something pretty life altering or corrupting. reading the Black Books plants the seed, then Mora, realizing what's happening, and foreseeing the betrayal, attempts to rein in the dragonborn. Possibly killing someone or many important to him?

2. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

And also daedric artifacts.

3. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

I can help you brainstorm some ideas, if you want. I have quite a few more ideas for the Dragonborn, but idk if you want them to be private so you can reveal them later or what.

4. Chef Umaril

Chef Umaril Active Member

Help is always appreciated, but in the end, the final 'build' so-to-speak will be private.

5. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

Kay. I'll spew my ideas into the thread, and you adapt what you like of it, or would you like me to brainstorm in a private conversation? I've had very little sleep, so I might be a little sluggish.

6. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves Lightweight Brewmaster

I always wondered what a "real" dragonborn would do. I mean most of these quests are because you as a player should have that option but it you are actually just some guy living in Tameriel how much would you care about "Gettin' teh best build."

I mean there are options to say no so maybe if you define his personality you can infer what quests and groups he would actually join and do.

If he likes money and wealth Companions? Maybe Legion?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chef Umaril

It would be easier for me to keep everything I. One place, so we can all just brainstorm here. As for the Dragonborn, I was thinking that his personality was to be corrupted by Hermeus Mora's black books, but not in the way that Miraak had. I guess one way to put it is that he knows he can't achieve immortality without Mora knowing first, so he could go about it in a way that would still appease the Daedric lord. And I was thinking of having to fight a werewolf; with just a few of the perks (damage, health, and recovery) I was able to defeat Miraak.

8. tdatapina

tdatapina Hero of Time

Honestly I think just the dragonborn wouldn't be enough of an enemy. He's powerful and all but I think there should be more. He should have someone under his control

9. Chef Umaril

I agree, even if he were simply a werewolf and has collected all the black books, he's still just a mortal. Perhaps if he became a necromancer or lich (like another poster's suggestion), or even succeeding where what's-his-face (the guy inside Azura's star whose name I can't remember) had failed.

10. Seanu Reaves

So if he gets corrupted how good was he before? That may be important to who is following him because him having support as a hero makes sense.

11. Chef Umaril

I figured he'd create a cult similar to Miraak's. Not even necessarily the blades, just a group of people he's bent to his will either by sheer force of power or with his voice. But, you do have a point, and that will be an important factor for the endgame, in my opinion.

12. Seanu Reaves

I mean making him like Miraak makes sense, but also is basically playing through Dragonborn DLC in a way without being a Dragonborn.

As someone obsessed with Gray and Gray Morality and characters in general. I think something were the corruption is maybe not so suddenly "He turned evil."

I can see him developing a cult, but then it becomes why did he make it? He has to still have a goal.

13. tx12001

tx12001 I will not tolerate failure...

how bout when he absorbed miraak, miraaks soul consumed him taking over his body

14. Chef Umaril

That would make more sense, seeing as how the last Dragonborn does absorb all the souls that Miraak steals throughout the dlc, it wouldn't be that far-fetched to think that he also absorbed even just a small portion of Miraak's own soul.

15. tx12001

he did absorb miraaks soul why else dooes miraak disntergrate like a dragon

16. Chef Umaril

I thought that was caused by Hermeus Mora when he/it impaled Miraak. But I don't even know exactly why he disintegrated.

17. tx12001

he disintegrated as he had his dragon soul absorbed the same thing could havppen to the dragonborn if a dragon killed him

18. Chef Umaril

This is true, and it'll make things a little easier to plan out.

19. Chef Umaril

Ok, so if the Last Dragonborn was to have absorbed Miraak's soul, how much more powerful would he become after becoming corrupted?

20. tx12001

about twice as powerful or at least 1.5 times as powerful