1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

To kill a Dovahkiin

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Chef Umaril, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Chef Umaril

Chef Umaril Active Member

I was thinking of possible RP ideas, and one that stands out most to me is, how would an RP go if the players had to fight the Dovahkiin after possibly being corrupted by Hermeus Mora's black books? Miraak fell under the same temptations, so why would the last Dovahkiin be any different? Perhaps he begins a similar cult and uses it to take over skyrim with the pretenses of freeing it from the empire and Thalmor? Any ideas, input, or criticism is appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Ravenous Cobra

Let's go with sounds badass.

GRAY FOX!

And yeah man sounds like an epic idea.

3. Chef Umaril

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it'd be cool to do things from the other side of the spectrum. Seeing as how the ES series is based on freedom of choice, it's entirely plausible for the Dovahkiin to become corrupted by a Daedra's influence. He(she) is just as corruptible as any mortal, and the temptation of power and immortality can be equally enticing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PeTeTe809

PeTeTe809 The Great Instigator

Pretty damn interesting premise you have going on here, will keep an eye out for this.

5. tx12001

tx12001 I will not tolerate failure...

Corruptable as any Mortal and the tempation of power and Immoratlity can be enticing? Interesting however that does bring one to the subject of whether the Dragonborn in this RP is still a Mortal at all? he could be a Vampire lord from Dawnguard making him at least twice as powerful as Miraak ever was and a lot harder to destroy being undead and he would probably already be Evil that's something to consider.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chef Umaril

This is true, although it's not necessarily canon in either direction, I just don't like vampires. And the vampire lord form is just ugly as sin. It was just an idea I had, but I will consider all possibilities. With that point, one could also argue that the Dovahkiin could be a werewolf.

When I actually get part of the story written down (with open-ended-ness to accommodate player actions) I'll be need to do an open-type roleplay in the other dedicated sections. It's been a while since I actually ran an RP, and that was all just pen(cil) and paper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Seanu Reaves

For sure. I do think Tex has a pretty decent point about the importance of defining who and what your Dovahkiin is.

:p One must know what they hunt lest they fall prey to it. :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chef Umaril

Very true. At the moment, I'm just brainstorming, but when I get done deciding what kind of paths the RP Dovahkiin has taken, I will write out the story.

9. The Phantom

The Phantom Consulting Criminal

10. Chef Umaril

Your thread *is* similar. I will still work to create a few more differences. Just from reading the first post, though, I will be working to go with a dragonborn that's been through the main quest line as well as the Dawnguard and Dragonborn dlc's.

11. tdatapina

tdatapina Hero of Time

Maybe he could side with the dragons. It'd add more of an enemy for us

12. Chef Umaril

That was one thing I considered. But if the Dragonborn at this point is powerful enough to blot out the sun and his voice can control the dragons themselves, why would he side with them when he can just put them under his control?

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Phantom

The Phantom Consulting Criminal

To clarify, I wasn't trying to discourage you haha. I just wanted to know if that was similar to what you were planning. And in the background lore and things we made he had done the DLC questlines, but that's not the point haha. Anyway, I wish you all luck.

14. Seanu Reaves

Good point,

That is something you as the RP maker you have to choose. Almost any action you have the Dragonborn take should have some good rationalization.

But yeah how strong is he? And why would this "Hero" of the realm inspires people to try and kill him.

15. Chef Umaril

I hadn't read far into that thread due to time constraints, but I'm not discouraged. I'll just have to be more deliberate about planning out my Dragonborn.

As for the people wanting to kill the "hero," my idea was much like ThePhantom's. He becomes hungry for power, and uses it once he realizes the potential of what he holds. He becomes a dictator, and originally sets up a protection service that becomes much like Miraak's cult, and uses them to drive away both the Empire and Thalmor. His cultists oppress the people that remain, and only a small group has the tenacity (and ability) to fight him. (I'm thinking of using something other than shouts, similar in concept to the Knights of the Nine)

16. tx12001

How about some sort of Divine artifacts..Oh wait that's just like Knights of the Nine how about he ends up destroying himself one way or another like accidentally jumping into Red Mountain as what you said earlier he has power over the sun and his voice can command dragons themselves so its very very unlikely anyone would even come close to matching his power let alone being able to kill him and especially if he is a Vampire Lord. His is a scenario he is battling it out against several Powerful beings at once for several hours (cause he is so Powerful) little does he know however that dawn is breaking and before he knows it the sun rises and shines in his eyes causing him to fall backwards and into the red mountain and he had been 2 weakened by the countless hours of battle to save himself thus being destroyed by the Magma and he could die in epic fashion as the last thing anyone sees of him is him holding his arm in the air as it sinks into the lava.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Chef Umaril

Personally, I don't like the vampire lords. Again, I'm still in the brainstorming phase; I don't have the end in mind just yet, but once I have something, I'll be going ahead with recruiting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Seanu Reaves

Yeah I like a Dawnguard Dragonborn because it can mean he pissed off the Vampires which opens the group to be more "evil" in nature.

19. tx12001

He could be a Lich? like one of my characters Hahaha. A dragonborn who made deals with the daedra and then realized he was screwed so then he sourt immortality so he could avoid them

20. Chef Umaril

There's many possibilities, the idea just seemed like a good one because of how Miraak turned out, and the choices the last Dragonborn was forced to make in order to face him. I'll need some time to come up with a working ide, but I really do appreciate the input I'm receiving.