Tired of FB Group Moderators flexing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zephlar

I think most of us have probably experienced this at some point or another online where moderators use their "status" to bully members or make threats because they are ban hammer happy. It drives me bananas when people get a little control over others and go mad with power as it were. I was recently banned for standing up to one of them.

I started a Skyrim FB group with no rules, no mods, no admins. Society won't crumble I promise. If this sounds like something you're interested in I'd really like help getting this group to grow.

Honestly most of us are grown adults who can handle peoples BS on the internet without freaking out. Facebook has native tools and guidelines to self-moderate. If you don't like someone or some post, block them, hide it, or keep scrolling.

Censorship just gets out of hand in a lot of these groups and I want to prove you don't need all that crap.

"Skyrim Addicts - No Rules Edition"
It's a public group on FB so a simple search should pull it up.

24611060217_dcb1f8dddd_c.jpg

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
I'd think I'd be lying if I said I haven't had my fair share of experiencing things such as that--especially on Facebook. I've since migrated away from that particular social media site, but I'd most definitely be interested in joining your group if I was still on there! I agree that there are times and places were moderators and admins are necessary and unnecessary. I concur that Facebook is one of those places that doesn't really need it. Like YouTube it kind of all works itself out and is relatively intuitive. Sure it has it's issues from time to time but more often then not it all works itself out. There are some other sites and places where it is however, like self started sites and forums. Blah Blah, I digress.

I like the idea my friend! Good luck with the progress of your group :D

Reactions: Sah

Zephlar

Thanks man. That's exactly my point. FB already has an overall rule and guidelines system in place that anybody can report directly to FB. The whole concept of needing moderators on FB is just arbitrary to me and solely to control the stream of content coming into their groups, or make people feel "important". Not only that but you're giving this responsibility to like 18 year old kids. I'm sorry if I'm offending any 18 year olds calling you kids but, you are. The life experience necessary to manage other human beings just isn't there yet and that's where a LOT of the "power hungry" mods are stemming from.

Forums are typically a different beast. Of course even then you get your power hungry mods and admins but that's pretty much inevitable.

Anyway thanks for the support. Appreciate it.

Sah

I think most of us have probably experienced this at some point or another online where moderators use their "status" to bully members or make threats because they are ban hammer happy. It drives me bananas when people get a little control over others and go mad with power as it were. I was recently banned for standing up to one of them.

I started a Skyrim FB group with no rules, no mods, no admins. Society won't crumble I promise. If this sounds like something you're interested in I'd really like help getting this group to grow.

Honestly most of us are grown adults who can handle peoples BS on the internet without freaking out. Facebook has native tools and guidelines to self-moderate. If you don't like someone or some post, block them, hide it, or keep scrolling.

Censorship just gets out of hand in a lot of these groups and I want to prove you don't need all that crap.

24611060217_dcb1f8dddd_c.jpg

Moderator Sah: Your punishment for suggesting such things 10 LASHES & another 10 LASHES for speaking your mind, and 10 more LASHES just because we can!

NOTE
as Sah and because of the style of my unconventional stupid silly style posting & the continuous posting all my videos in threads makes me walk a very thin line when it comes to moderators & members, either you like me or not ............. so far this one has gotten away with murder on Bethesda Forums & so many other sites, Skyrim Forums has tolerated me for so long and so has Nexus and AFK mods. ...........................A very big thank you to moderators and owners of sites that let me be me.

NOTE 2 ; Also apology if I am off subject, might have gotten the meaning of this thread wrong

the bottom line is that we are dealing with people and NOT bots ............ and just like in life the same thing happens online, personal beliefs & emotional boundary can be pushed, and you don't have to do much for some one to dislike you, heck you can post a thread about something and someone comes along and gives you a negative rating because they are just in that mood, and then your left feeling the bitterness to that person you thought was a friendly face. ......... Moderators are people too and like it or not on some level they will react to stuff being posted, how professional they are at following the guide lines set to the from above depends on how unemotionally detached they are, they can simply do there job IF YOU STUFFED UP, but when it becomes personal and the moderator steps outside of there role as moderators and starts acting from a personal space it can get very messy for the simple member who has no power at all and wont get any justice.

Has seen a migration of members from Bethesda.net leaving & complaining about strict rules being implemented by moderators, this migration of members created the web site called [censored] witch was supposed to promote freedom of speech with no silly censorship & banning of members, and it works quite well at the beginning until the owner placed all his friends as moderators, moderators that have used there privileges to have a go at anyone who upsets the norm of the group.

Bethesda moderators have to follow strict guide lines as to what they say and how they handle things, yes it dose appear that they are DICTATORS when it come to there forums taking down posts that are not related to Skyrim & banning members for being disruptive & abusive, the censorship of simple words is amazing, example this one used the word PUSSY in reference to a cat and it was censored .......... can understand its negative meaning alto many would say its over kill .......... at the end of the day this is Bethesda and you would expect no less from a multi million dollar company.

multi million dollar company's .............. like Bethesda and Nexus would have very strict standards set for its moderators, what they say can be taken as an official statement, can you imagine a Beth moderator expressing there personal opinion on a Skyrim 6 release date, it could send every one into a frenzy ...........
Beth moderator: ........"uhhhmmmm what part of personal opinion don't you get?"
Members...................."but but you work for Bethesda so there must be much much more to it than just a personal opinion."

this one truly hopes it works, your intentions are good and wishes you good luck <3

Sah

Ohhhhh silly me FB = Face Book :eek:........another Sah blond moment caught online :oops:............yep this one is totally off subject :rolleyes:

so sorry o_O

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts