• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Frozen Nord

I have been looking all over online for an answer to this but I can't find anything. So here it goes, in Elder Scrolls Online, is there a day/night cycle, and is there somewhere on the UI that shows you the current in-game time? Like what Tamrielic year, month, and day it is. And what Tamrielic day of the week it is? If so, can I get an example of a full date. The day of the week, the day and month, and the year. Like this: Morndus, 27th of Last Seed, 3E 433. Something like that, only in ESO. If it doesn't have it... well... then at least I'd know. If it does, all I need is a full date to figure out how to use ESO as a reference point for dates in the second era, and I'd probably, for now, leave dates in the first and Merethic Era with ESO as the reference point until we get something definitive from those eras.

I'm trying to figure out a way to determine the day of the week of any date in Tamriel's history, but ran into an obvious problem. Days in Skyrim's calendar are four days of the week ahead of days in Oblivion's calendar. So... to make things more convenient for use in reference to various games, I'm working under the assumption that each Era chooses a new day of the week to start on. And I would need ESO's for a canonical reference point in the second Era.

Mainly I want this for reference purposes when figuring out days of the week a character is born on, like perhaps for character cards. I'm building it in a Google Drive spreadsheet and I already have it able to give you the day of the week for any date in the fourth era using Skyrim as a reference point, and any date in the third era using Oblivion as a reference point (since dates and times were messed up with all the other games in the third era). It also will let you figure out days of the week of years beyond 3E 433 while not entering the 4E if you want because you played for a long time in Oblivion. Pre-3rd era dates still use Oblivion as the reference point because I don't know about ESO. I might be willing to share the spreadsheet when I'm done if asked for it.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
not sure because it is an MMO I Think it is in the year 2E583 not sure if their is a clock though

Rimfaxe96

There is a day and night cycle (haven't played the other alliances yet but the sunsets in the Summerset Isles are BEAUTIFUL!).
And nope, there's nothing like a calendar. Wouldn't work anyway cause it would only give more trouble lore-wise if a few months passed each weeks 'cause the day-night-chance takes place about every... gosh no clue, 15 minutes or so? I can't really tell because my time feeling while playing is gone.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts