OOC Through Shadow, through Death.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blackwhite1223

middle-earth.jpg
    Hey guys. This is my first ever roleplay that I've created, so, uh,don't criticize too much. Or do. Up to you, really. So, this takes place during the War of the Ring, (which is the three movies, for those of you that don't know), and is about a group of men, dwarves, and elves basically acting as a distraction for the Fellowship. It will start in Rivendell, and the companions goal will be to, eventually, infiltrate Dol Guldur.​
    Yes, I know that the White Council purged the place, but this is about sixty years after that. And if I'm remembering correctly, Gandalf, or perhaps Galadriel did say that 'foul things were beginning to multiply again in Dol Guldur'. So it'll be our groups goal to distract the Orcs/Uruks/ Ringwraiths, from lending assistance to the Orcs and Ringwraiths after the Fellowship. I highly recommend that you read the LOTR books, including the Hobbit. Also, this wiki is a great help if you're new to LOTR. http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Rules
    1: No Godmodding. Fairly obvious. No super weapons or armour. No mysteriously popping back up after getting hit, no super powers.​
    2: No Evil characters, please. We can have 'shady' characters, but nothing on the scale of plotting to take over the world, or murdering an orphanage.​
    3: Please, for the love of all writings everywhere, use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling! I cannot stress this enough.​
    4: Creativity. It's a must, within reason, of course. Having a bland character or posts can really kill the mood for other writers.​
    5: No Wizards/Magic users. There are only a few good wizards in Middle-Earth, and most of them are occupied, or turned evil, i.e Saruman.​
    6: Experienced writers PLEASE! I will be looking at your past RPs which will help me decide whether to accept your character cards or not. I reserve the right to refuse you entry into the roleplay.​
    7: Have fun!​

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Hmm, I'm 90% sure I'll be joining this :p I'll point you to some of the best RPs I'm a part of for rule no.6:
    • Hands of the Sorrowful Knight
    • Conquer with Fire
    • We Are Legion
    • The Keepers
    • The Channels

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    So when you say no superpowers what does that mean for Elvis or dwarven characters who in Lore are relatively OP compared to men?

I am asking because even Aragorn is OP compared to the normal people in middle earth.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Salathir 'the Dour'

Race: Eldar, Sindar.

Appearance: Tall, like almost all elves, with shoulder length black hair, and piercing grey eyes. Although he does not show it, he has several scars from past wounds on his torso, and older scars that remind him of his childhood. He has the high cheekbone and thin nose of most of his kind.

Apparel: Wears this armour, with chainmail underneath. No helmet.

cabinetlarge-lotrelvenarmour.jpg

Weapons:
    1357142826007.jpg

Uses this sword (above) as his main hand weapon, sometimes utilizes it as a two handed blade. And uses the one below in his off hand.

908101_zpsd09cd770.jpg

Personality: Unlike most elves, Salathir is cold and distant at best, scornful and cruel at worst. He would never dream of lifting a hand against his fellow Eldar, but he dislikes men and Dwarves, seeing them as selfish and shortsighted.

Backstory: Born in Lindon, Salathir lived a fairly happy life with his parents, joining in the feasts and songs of his people, and eventually aspiring to sail across the sea, with the rest of his kind. However, this was not to be. A night raid by Orcs slew both of Salathirs' parents, and he too was gravely wounded. He would have died, had it not been for an elven patrol that brought him to the home of Elrond Half-Elven.

There he was raised among those of Elronds house, and came to feel intense loyalty to those that dwelt in the hidden valley of Imladris. However, he also became enraged at the Orcs, and believed that there could be no peace until all the Orcs had been destroyed. He often rode out with the sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, to slay orcs and trolls that wandered too near the refuge.

He grew to resent men, who he saw as fools that had failed to destroy Sauron, and brought about the deaths of so many. He has grown quiet in the past centuries, keeping constant vigil for the Dark lords return. Once the nine companions departed to destroy Saurons ring, Salathir was irritated at not being chosen to go, but respected Elrond far too much to raise an objection. He is simply content to continue slaying the Orcs.

Blackwhite1223

Madrar, you're in.

So when you say no superpowers what does that mean for Elvis or dwarven characters who in Lore are relatively OP compared to men?

I am asking because even Aragorn is OP compared to the normal people in middle earth.

Aragorn was Dunedain. It's expected. And not all elves or dwarves had 'powers' Only a select few, most of them that owned rings of power, or were very old. For example, Galadriel could only use the powers she had because of Nenya, her ring of power.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I wasn't talking about magical power. I meant innate physical ability. For example elven eyesight being ridiculously good. Dwarves being stronger than men. The innate things that would be considered "powers" in our world.

Either way when I can I will attempt a card.

Stormmaiden

Well, here's my card.

Name: Illethien

Sex: Female

Race: Silvan Elf

Appearance: A lithe woman with long, light brown hair, and dark green eyes. Fairly well muscled from years of fighting the spiders and orcs of Mirkwood. Often wears her hair in a braid, for convenience.

Apparel: Forest green tunic, pants, and cloak. Leather bracers, and boots, that are fairly soft and enable her to move quickly and silently through forests of her homeland.

Weapons: A recurve bow, (think the bows used by the wood elves in the Hobbit) that is small enough to allow manoeuvrability in the tight confines of Mirkwood, but powerful enough to punch through some light armours. A long, slender dagger that she wears at her left hip.

Personality: Warm, doesn't believe in the distrust between the elves of Mirkwood and the Dwarves. However, she despises Orcs, and will go out of her way to engage them in combat, having lost many friends to the foul creatures throughout her life.

Bio: N/A. Will probably expand on it as I go.

Blackwhite1223

Good card, Storm. You're in.

And Skies, I wouldn't say those are 'powers'. At least nothing that will make a huge difference, as compared to someone who wields dual swords that can cut through anything, and shoot fire out of their eyes or something.

Planning on having two, maybe three more people.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Let me reserve a spot, please; I can't post a CC for some time but I'll do it when I can.

Baneloth

Sure why not. I'll have a CC up later today. How many more are you planning on having?

Blackwhite1223

Well, including myself, plus you, we'll have four. I think that'll be enough, if no one else posts a CC. Speaking of, I need to get mine up, lol.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    I'm interested in this, if you're looking for more, could I put a CC up for a dwarf?

Lifts-Her-Tail

Name:Tyrdar

Race: Mirkwood Elf

Appearance: 6.5, strong build for a woman, extremely long legs, useful for running, curvy slim toned body. Long blonde, curly hair, she has jade coloured eyes.

Personality: She is a naturally caring person, and has a good attitude towards life, however she can be very shy to people she doesn't know, and can be incredibly rude, snotty or simply ignore those she doesn't like. She can also be very isolated and depressed when she is upset or moody.

Apparel: She wears a green tunic and trousers, and can does sometimes where leather greaves, boots, and tunic if she is going off to fight.

Weapons: Her main weapons is her wooden bow, which was made by her mother and a quiver of arrows to accompany it and she often uses this when she goes out to kill orcs, goblins, or the giant spiders which roam the forest of Mirkwood. She also has a dagger for close combat.

Bio: Will be shown in role play.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Name: Dosil Faldeif of the Lonely Mountain
    Race: Dwarf (Durin's Folk)
    Appearance: Standing tall for a dwarf at five foot tall, and stockily built as most of his kind. He has long, black hair, braided at the front, with a wild beard sprouting from his chin. He has a dark, iron coloured eye, and a rugged weather-beaten face giving him a much older appearance.
    Apparel: He wears plate armour, forged in the fashion of the once inhabitants of Moria. Custom crafted he has inlaid many of his own traits into the armour, including a complex pattern. Over the top of his armour he wears a thick fur cloak, with a mountain wolf pelt over the shoulders, and a hood, which when pulled up sits low on his brow, concealing much of his face in shadow. Under his armour he wears mithril mail, to protect him from even the hardiest of foes. The mail is a family heirloom which has been past down from his descendents, who survived the goblin attack on Moria. Upon his fingers, which his gauntlets leave out in the open, he wears but one simple silver band, with three dwarven runes carved into it.
    Weapons: He wields a single dwarven hand-and-a-half sword, which he crafted at the age of 16. He sheathes in on his back. Similar to many dwarven swords, except for the fact that there is a gap in the middle of the blade, with the remaining tempered steel inlaid with the same patterns as his armour. Around the leather wrapped hilt is a female's braided charm, with the talisman hanging loose at the bottom. Other than this sword he has only three small lightweight throwing axes.
    (Pictures of weapons and armour are to come... Probably)
    Personality: He is gruff, and untrusting of strangers, and is quiet and curt. However amongst his people, he is boisterous and enjoys a flagon or five of mead. He's deadly loyal to his friends, but becoming his friend is no easy task. He has often been described as having a silver tongue, however he believes this to be complete hogswash. Easy to enrage, he often breaks stuff when annoyed, and has little patience and a large self esteem/ego.
    Likes: Smoking from his hand crafted pipe, eating hearty meals, drinking mead, killing orcs, working at a forge, practising his swordsmanship.
    Dislikes: Orcs, elves, cowardice
    Bio: His ancestors hailed from the great dwarven kingdom of Kazad-dum, when the goblins attacked, they fled to the Lonely Mountains, becoming part of the people as they lived. As the Lonely Mountain Thrived so did they. However, as Smaug took the mountain his people fled and they (and Dosil) returned after his desolation. Soon he fell in love with who was going to be his wife, and she with him. They soon got married, and had children. He lived a happy life as a smith, honing his swordsmanship should the need for him to fight arise. When outside of the mountain, his wife and children were attacked be a group of wandering orcs. This has fueled Dosil's reason for dismembering orcs. With his dying wife's blood on his hand and her talisman on his sword, he set out on a journey. When he heard about his chance to kill orcs for and whole lot of them, he set out for Rivendell, in an attempt to find the source of this rumour.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts