Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skyrimosity

still working on finding a good thrall :sadface:

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Well after reading this thread my 3rd character will be a Necromancer. Which will be my first mage build.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
After downloading 1.5 on my 360, I now have two Thalmor Guards with me. And they're alive.

They only appear when I fast travel or enter locations though. They won't follow me. I guess I could kill them, but they were actually handy when I fast traveled and was immediately attacked by a dragon.

Fast traveling results in a party now of six people.. Me, Illia, Wy, Sild, and the two Thalmor.

Oddly those two Thalmor suddenly disappeared. I fast traveled from one location to Riften, they didn't accompany me.

Finally went after Dragon Priest Rahgot last night, he and his six Draugr Deathlords wiped the floor with my two thralls......

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Whats the best way to level up conjuration. I have my mage at level 6 and right now the only real conjuration spell i Have is Summon Familiar. I'll probably by a couple of spell tomes If I cant find any soon.

Adam Warlock

*** SPOILER ALERT****
Again Talos blesses and teases this Draonborn.
Two NPC in Solitude have been bugging me for many moons since I came there . The crazy dude with his master lost between worlds and a two-bit Argonian crook who hangs around the market district.
The nutcase hangs in the street around Proudspire and I can usually avoid him , but this Argonian , Jaree-Ra , is always there when I fast travel and it`s got so I can`t go in the Alchemist`s shop without him coming in and whispering in my ear about making "a little coin".
To shut him up , I decided to do his Light`s Out quest.
Midway through the adventure , I encountered his sister and partner-in-crime , Deeja , who was a wonderfully feisty opponent ! I am happy to report she is now Adam Warlock`s Deeja and has been assigned with Eola into the stealth branch of my team.
A note found on Deeja told me I would find Jaree-Ra at Broken Oar Grotto. I remembered this site as I had found it while exploring and had killed all the Blackblood Marauaders there a while back.
Expected another tough battle against a horde of armored foes , but the place was still full of the dead and had not respawned. I left my team at the entrance and proceeded solo.
At the top of the Grotto , I found Jaree-Ra all by himself and he was fairly upset that I had murdered his sister and all of his men. I was glad I was alone because he gave me an epic one-on-one duel to the death there on the catwalks. Alas , he was too powerful to thrall.
The tease is that I can`t get any of the Blackblood Marauders that I thrall inside to exit the grotto. Even the Justiciar thralls will go through doors and fast-travel until they disappear but these Blackbloods will not budge! It makes me wonder if those Blood Horker brigands I`ve heard about are the same way.

Adam Warlock

Whats the best way to level up conjuration. I have my mage at level 6 and right now the only real conjuration spell i Have is Summon Familiar. I'll probably by a couple of spell tomes If I cant find any soon.
I came to Conjuration late in my game so I hope this advice is correct.
If you want to do it while honing battle skills , conjuring Bound Weapons is a good way to do it naturally. Conjuration advances are based on the cost of the spell so a more expensive summons than a familiar will also help. Always keep resummoning/resetting weapon during battle as you are able even if it might be unnecessary because this will maximize your xp.
If you want to exploit and get to 100 level for fastest route to thralling , then find(or make) a dead elk/wolf/etc somewhere and repeatedly cast Soul Trap on the dead body. You won`t get a soul but you will get xp for it.
Another way to exploit is to find an enemy who is hostile but can`t get to you, a skeleton behind a gate for instance. Don`t kill them but stand just out of reach and cast Bound Weapon(bow if you have it) repeatedly.
If you do an exploit , don`t forget to take a break each level up and go buy some training in another skill you need. You can save your perk points until you want to choose them but you only get 5 training sessions per level and they don`t accumulate. I wish I had realized this when I was cranking out iron daggers in my early game.

Adam Warlock

I recommend going up the left side of the Conjuration Perk tree to the top and getting the Necromage perk for thralling Volkihars.
it`s all i`ve needed for what i`ve been doing . Conjuration cost reduction gear makes these expensive spells possible.
I do use physical weapons instead of the bound ones though.
Really you don`t need either once you can have 3 powerful NPC doing your fighting for you

Adam Warlock

Smithing is less important than Alchemy and Enchanting for a thrall master.
Thralls will only wear apparel spawned from themselves or a closely related thrall.
I have found none who wear Ebony, Daedric or Dragon except for Orchendor. Only a few who wear Orchish up the Heavy Armor perk tree so go with the light armor side because powerful thralls like Forsworn wear light and volkihar vampires /northwatch thalmor wear Elven and Glass .
Remove gear from your thrall , then enchant the pieces as desired using a Fortify Enchanting potion. You will need one potion per piece as it wears off quickly.
Take gear to forge and improve with use of fortify smithing potion and fortify smithing gear.
You can enchant and improve the weapons or shield found on the thrall if you want but unlike armor thralls will use any weapon or shield you give them.

Adam Warlock

Thralls will only wear apparel spawned from themselves or a closely related thrall.
I have found none who wear Ebony, Daedric or Dragon except for Orchendor. Only a few who wear Orchish up the Heavy Armor perk tree so go with the light armor side because powerful thralls like Forsworn wear light and volkihar vampires /northwatch thalmor wear Elven and Glass .
Remove gear from your thrall , then enchant the pieces as desired using a Fortify Enchanting potion. You will need one potion per piece as it wears off quickly.
Take gear to forge and improve with use of fortify smithing potion and fortify smithing gear.
You can enchant and improve the weapons or shield found on the thrall if you want but unlike armor thralls will use any weapon or shield you give them.
don`t bother doing this for thralls you are going to respawn because all improvements are lost in the process

Adam Warlock

I`ve begun using my thralls to experiment with weaponry now.
If you`ve ever wondered whether an ebony mace with shock damage and shield was better than a daedric greatsword with fire in killing a falmer or some other foe , do this field testing.
Equip thrall and fast-travel to site with opponent you want.
Do manual save.
Go inside , alert the enemy , and back off to watch your thrall`s performance with the weapon.
After it`s over , revert to save , change weapons , and repeat.

Adam Warlock

Oddly those two Thalmor suddenly disappeared. I fast traveled from one location to Riften, they didn't accompany me.

Finally went after Dragon Priest Rahgot last night, he and his six Draugr Deathlords wiped the floor with my two thralls......
Yeah , those Thalmor are slippery bastards for sure !
Deathlords at my level are now using Disarm shouts .
It`s both pitiful and somewhat amusing to see my thralls continue the fight with their fists against ebony weapons.
Dragr are probably tougher than dragons in my game now because of their numbers and the confined space you find them in. Even Illia has a tough time with them due to their frost resistance . I can give most thralls decent protection from magic elemental damage but physical protection improvement is limited.
I avoid Nord ruins now (6 masks in storage) because of this and the fact that I can now enchant a better headpiece than what`s still available. My favorite of the ones I have is Otar.
Now it would be totally different if you could thrall those bony battlers !

Golgo_SPB

Doesn't the Champion of Boethia wear ebony?

Golgo_SPB

Nope that's Clavicus Vile. Boethiah's daedric quest starts at level 30 after reading the book Boethiah's Proving.

Basically he wears ebony guantlets and boots, the Daedric artifact Ebony Armor, and he has a Ebony shield too. Can also strip him then thrall him and walk thru a door to duplicate everything. Make alot of cash. I don't think his body is permanent though.

Adam Warlock

Haven`t met him . Is he the one you meet with that annoying dog at Falkreath ?
I tried to start that Daedra`s Best Friend quest some time ago. I followed that damn dog all the way to Helgen and he got stuck on a wall there and would not proceed. I backed up and saved the quest so the dog is still outside Falkreath.
Is they a method to get him to take another route ? I know where he`s going and can fast-travel there if need be

Adam Warlock

Nope that's Clavicus Vile. Boethiah's daedric quest starts at level 30 after reading the book Boethiah's Proving.

Basically he wears ebony guantlets and boots, the Daedric artifact Ebony Armor, and he has a Ebony shield too. Can also strip him then thrall him and walk thru a door to duplicate everything. Make alot of cash. I don't think his body is permanent though.
Where do you find the book ?

Golgo_SPB

I usually tell barbas I'll meet him at the location he's going too, then he'll be there by himself after an hour or so.

you can find the book from a random encounter with a boethiah cultist trying to kill you. that library dude at the winterhold college, hob fall's cave, and probably some other places I don't remember all of em. must be level 30 or above though

Adam Warlock

thanks for the tip on the dog.
I read up about the Boethiah Quest and will definitely do it with another more evil character.
Adam isn`t the type to sacrifice a follower for a new dead toy.
The Ebony Blade obtained from The Whispering Lady is locked in a safe unpowered for this same reason.

Adam Warlock

thanks for the tip on the dog.
I read up about the Boethiah Quest and will definitely do it with another more evil character.
Adam isn`t the type to sacrifice a follower for a new dead toy.
The Ebony Blade obtained from The Whispering Lady is locked in a safe unpowered for this same reason.
IF there was someone I had to choose for sacrifice 1st if forced to , it would be Marcurio because he`s such a smart-ass .

Golgo_SPB

haha it's cool, nothing wrong with role playing.

I use to have a character, for not too long, that I experimented dead thrall with. Hefid the Deaf in the Ratway Vaults retains her vocal clips, although she is useless for combat. Hewnon Black-Skeever and Drahff's bodies don't dissapear, although they aren't great in combat either, they're located at the Ratway entrance. Rigel Strong-Arm has an eternal corpse too and she wears what the usual bandit chief wears, she's located in Pinewatch.

Just thought I'd add to the thread, wasn't sure if those characters were mentioned sorry if they were. I thralled more named NPCs I had a list somewhere. maybe I'll add some more later.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts