Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I wonder if they've made a Mod where fresh bodies can be brought to you, or to be able to push those carts, I'd love to be able to push a cart, walking through town wearing a Monk robe pushing a cart with bodies in it "Bring out yer dead" but I'm 360 such a shame, Anyway back on topic How many bodies should be placed in a room without it being too many and making some go missing, like what do you find is a good amount of dead people in the basement? and does the thrall spell work on those daedra lords? (My god we Necromancer's have strange topics Lol, just talking about keeping dead people in some random's basement)

Adam Warlock

I wonder if they've made a Mod where fresh bodies can be brought to you, or to be able to push those carts, I'd love to be able to push a cart, walking through town wearing a Monk robe pushing a cart with bodies in it "Bring out yer dead" but I'm 360 such a shame, Anyway back on topic How many bodies should be placed in a room without it being too many and making some go missing, like what do you find is a good amount of dead people in the basement? and does the thrall spell work on those daedra lords? (My god we Necromancer's have strange topics Lol, just talking about keeping dead people in some random's basement)
I got about 15 or 16 in Understone before the diminishing returns had an effect. Some may go missing anyway no matter what the count is. idk it could be different depending on where you`re putting them but that number is consistent with the San`s house I`ve been using in Solitude.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Is it normal for Thrall's to speak? I had a Penitus Oculatus thrall I was waking to the basement and I pulled out a flame spell and it went "Be careful with those flames!" I was like "So now you decide to change from going Uhh" naturally his reply was "Uhh" but now he's added to the collection. Might go and get a Forsworn I wonder if it would work on Hagraven's, I haven't tried it yet? do they count as Human or are they too powerful or count as a creature?

To be honest, they always creep me out, them and the Falmer freak me out, Falmer jumping behind me from the roof.

Adam Warlock

Yes , you will occasionally get funny vocal clips from otherwise moaning thralls as when my bandit chief will declare "You picked a fine time to get lost !" to his foes when it`s really US who are invading THEIR domain !
My silent Wizards (few out of many) that I got at Fort Amol , will regularly brag about their mystic might when in combat.
Hagravens and werewolves can`t be thralled . The only thrallable "monsters" are the vampires and dremora.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Such a shame, would of been epic to Thrall Monster's, gather some troll's or bear's and take a stroll.

Adam Warlock

My best thrall story from yesterday`s play session was with Umana while going to kill a vampire that the ex-jarl of Falkreath wanted eliminated.
Had to laugh out loud and yell " You tell him , Umana !" as she slowly rasped "you....must...die... !" with a shield bash timed with each word until that Vampire`s Thrall had expired.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I had a bad encounter with a Thrall bandit, I cast the spell on her, she came back from the dead, then ran at me trying to kill me, I decided I'd leave that one, but I love how they go when you stab them or kill them "Thank you" or "Free"

Adam Warlock

I had a bad encounter with a Thrall bandit, I cast the spell on her, she came back from the dead, then ran at me trying to kill me, I decided I'd leave that one, but I love how they go when you stab them or kill them "Thank you" or "Free"
Yes , i have occasionaly had a thrall go hostile when going through a door or when my follower aggravates them with unintended damage. Frost cloak is always on standby in my favorites list if tis happens. Such events appear to be random as the thrall will return to normal function upon reactivating them.
If they aren`t Thalmor or otherwise unique or powerful , sometimes i will release them from thralldom if they ask nicely or I feel they need a reward for a job well done. I`m just that kind of guy.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I tend to use riften as my body dumping ground, just tend to chuck them in the water when I have no more use for them.

Adam Warlock

Yes , i have occasionaly had a thrall go hostile when going through a door or when my follower aggravates them with unintended damage. Frost cloak is always on standby in my favorites list if tis happens. Such events appear to be random as the thrall will return to normal function upon reactivating them.
If they aren`t Thalmor or otherwise unique or powerful , sometimes I will release them from thralldom if they ask nicely or I feel they need a reward for a job well done. I`m just that kind of guy.
Just the other day I had a random encounter related to this.
I had fast-traveled to a giant camp near Whiterun with only my regular follower Illia in tow. I was amazed to see an Adventurer who I had thralled many moons ago standing there beside me as an active thrall ! I had long ago discarded him as he was weak in combat and have no explanation for his reappearance.
"Release...me...." , he groaned.
"Just one last adventure , eh , Bucko ?" , I replied.
Well , after the Giant had pancaked him and Illia and I had finished with buisness , I left him blissfully leaning against The Sleeping Tree in a setting befitting of a true adventurer! May he rest in peace .

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I just love how Guard's don't care about you dumping bodies, had one walk past me when I was dragging one on the dock's to throw into the water, could of seen my character going "Morning" and the Guard Nodding "Carry on"

Adam Warlock

I just love how Guard's don't care about you dumping bodies, had one walk past me when I was dragging one on the dock's to throw into the water, could of seen my character going "Morning" and the Guard Nodding "Carry on"
yes , i`ve seen citizens sometimes react to an inactive thrall as a dead body but never the guards .
Makes me laugh when they tell you it`s been too long since a good bandit raid when there`s a fully armored chief right next to them.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Such a shame you can't befriend other Necromancer's, I've always wanted to be more evil in Elder Scroll's, I mean how cool would a lair be, that is guarded by undead and has a layer of mist around it, but I guess my basement will just have to do for evil doings.

Buying and selling bodies, Necro-Market, "I'll trade you three bandits for the Pyro"

And yeah, guard's are so silly, Would of been better if there was master necromancer robes or unenchanted necromancer robes, but I suppose a black robe is okay and just enchanted with what you want, I went with a Necromancer look, covered in dirt from Grave robbing.

Adam Warlock

Once I was trying to get a vampire thrall to spawn Orcish armor using Proudspire`s basement door.
When I had her outside and deactivated her , the crazy Wabbajack dude(saving that quest for later) came up , knelt down , and made as if to stroke her hair.
That`s when I had to step in and tell him , "Watch out ! She bites !"

Adam Warlock

My best thrall story from yesterday`s play session was with Umana while going to kill a vampire that the ex-jarl of Falkreath wanted eliminated.
Had to laugh out loud and yell " You tell him , Umana !" as she slowly rasped "you....must...die... !" with a shield bash timed with each word until that Vampire`s Thrall had expired.
btw I took the Orchish armor off the unthrallable Volkihar Master in this dungeon and gave it to a Mistwalker found there after removing her Leather armor and other items. After fast-travel she was wearing the Orcish armor

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
My vampire thrall went psycho, took her to solitude and she bolted and started attacking everyone, then a Guard killed her, I decided might be best if I dragged her the rest of the way to the house, but it's all good, she's in the basement with the other's, have a small collection going.

Glitch?

Adam Warlock

My vampire thrall went psycho, took her to solitude and she bolted and started attacking everyone, then a Guard killed her, I decided might be best if I dragged her the rest of the way to the house, but it's all good, she's in the basement with the other's, have a small collection going.

Glitch?
If it is a glitch , I think it`s a good one.
The uncertainty of playing around with the dead merely confirms what everyone tells you when you`ve got a Thrall tagging along.
Such are the dangers of necromancy !

Adam Warlock

If it is a glitch , I think it`s a good one.
The uncertainty of playing around with the dead merely confirms what everyone tells you when you`ve got a Thrall tagging along.
Such are the dangers of necromancy !
I see a modern day analogy with those who like to own exotic wild beasts like tigers and chimps. Oh yeah , they`re really cool and all but watch out because they can go wild without warning

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts